No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damar. If you are talking about who took Dukat place in the Dominion after Dukat snapped from seeing Ziyal die.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      I've now gotten to the last few episodes of the series. What is the name of the Cardassian who took over for Gul Dukat? I have trouble remember their names (except him and Garak.)

And why do the Breen remind me of one of the bounty hunters from Star Wars?
      They sort of look like Leia in her Bousshe disguise.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Sadly for me i felt it was by far the worst.
        There was very little actual exploring of new worlds in it from what i remember.
        It was just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by REPLICATOR SAM View Post
          There was very little actual exploring of new worlds in it from what i remember.
          I can understand that.
          Being a static location did take out a lot of the "Explore strange new worlds" that was a staple of TNG and VOY. They did however have some contact with Gamma Quadrant races besides the Dominion.
          sigpic

Comment

The phrase 'missing the point' springs to mind...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              They sort of look like Leia in her Bousshe disguise.
              Oh, yes. That was totally what I was thinking of... must be the helmet.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Damar. If you are talking about who took Dukat place in the Dominion after Dukat snapped
              from seeing Ziyal die.
              Was Damar the one with the kanar habit? I sorta liked Ziyal. At least I might have if she was around more.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                Oh, yes. That was totally what I was thinking of... must be the helmet.
                Probably

Was Damar the one with the kanar habit? I sorta liked Ziyal. At least I might have if she was around more.
                Yes he was.
                sigpic

Comment

While they didn't explore new worlds in terms of planets nearly as much as the other series (although they did do a lot of exploring in the Gamma Quadrant), I think DS9 gave the audience a much greater chance to explore the cultures that had been introduced in the other series. We got in-depth looks at Ferengi culture, Klingon culture (although TNG and VOY covered that as well to an extent), Bajoran, Cardassian, and so on. We got to explore these cultures through both the Federation viewpoint as well as their own. We got to see the impact that the Federation had on these other cultures and worlds that they had come across and we got to see the impact they had on the Federation.

To me, the in-depth nature of DS9 was much more satisfying than the hit-and-run, new planet every week nature of the other series. (Which isn't to say, of course, that I don't love the other series, just that I love them in a very different way)

Comment

I agree. The fact that DS9 allows you to learn about the cultures of the main characters from not only their pov but from their peoples as well. And the fact that they couldn't just fly off if something went wrong on Bajor made it even more interesting. I also liked the serial like storyline it took later on in the show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes mate that is a good point that DS9 did give us a real in depth look into those different cultures Ferengi,Cardassian etc.
                      That was actually the one aspect of DS9 i did like.

I just wish there had been say some episodes where there mainly exploring going to other planets and then those episodes where this a lot less.

I could have handled watching it better.
                      But everyone to there own and whatever makes you happy then im happy for you.

But then ive never saw more than one series of the show so perhaps i need to try and watch more of it and then i can get to appreciate it more.

Originally posted by magickmoons View Post
                      While they didn't explore new worlds in terms of planets nearly as much as the other series (although they did do a lot of exploring in the Gamma Quadrant), I think DS9 gave the audience a much greater chance to explore the cultures that had been introduced in the other series. We got in-depth looks at Ferengi culture, Klingon culture (although TNG and VOY covered that as well to an extent), Bajoran, Cardassian, and so on. We got to explore these cultures through both the Federation viewpoint as well as their own. We got to see the impact that the Federation had on these other cultures and worlds that they had come across and we got to see the impact they had on the Federation.

To me, the in-depth nature of DS9 was much more satisfying than the hit-and-run, new planet every week nature of the other series. (Which isn't to say, of course, that I don't love the other series, just that I love them in a very different way)

Comment

Which series did you see R-SAM?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it was the first but im not 100 per cent certain mate.

Which series did you see R-SAM?

Comment

Ahh, that would explain it. DS9 S1 was not all that good, a bit like B5 S1. They are solid, but not........... "exiting" for want of a better term.
                            sigpic

Comment

Probably

Yes he was.
                              One of the Breen should go rescue some mercenary dressed like Han Solo. And then they could go have kanar at Quark's bar.
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

oh yeah as Gatefan said it gets better. There are a few episodes with other planets in later seasons and the storyline picks up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X