• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told ya I was way off. I'm not the wooden spoon holder for nothing ya know
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Worf. S7. Once More Unto the Breech. You guys forget back in the days of brother's Fifth's quizes I was a ringer
      I dont think i was around back in the days of brother Fifth's quizzezezezez therefore i forgot nothing....yeah and i forgot how to spell half way through typing that but as i always say if your going to make spelling errors make them so over the top that it looks intentional
      Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
        I dont think i was around back in the days of brother Fifth's quizzezezezez therefore i forgot nothing....yeah and i forgot how to spell half way through typing that but as i always say if your going to make spelling errors make them so over the top that it looks intentional
        Ohhhhhhhhh good idea *takes note*

I misses Brother Fifth's quizzes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Ohhhhhhhhh good idea *takes note*

We all do. Apparently running that seafood restaurant is tough work. Don't tell brother Fifth I said that
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

We all do. Apparently running that seafood restaurant is tough work. Don't tell brother Fifth I said that
            My lips are sealed
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
              The quizzes were good fun, I believe I created at least 30 of them over the years (they averaged 60-100 questions: including multiple choice... fill-in the blank... character specific questions... episode speciific questions... Trek movie speciific questions... quess the quote...etc... I still have at least 3 full un-seen quizzes completed, and at least 2000 un-used Trek trivia questions I have created sitting in a folder. One of these days when life-circumstance gives me enough time, I will bring them back.
              Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              I miss awarding you the wooden spoon young lady I also miss hosting them myself (although the amount of work it took to pull them off was insane). As I said above I still have a handful of already created quizzes, not to mention thousand's of trivia questions and quotes sitting in a folder waiting to be unleased . I still can't re-watch any Trek without my trusty note-pad and pen in hand. I re-watched The Undiscovered Country on Cinemax (in Hi-Def) the other night, and I wrote down at least 50+ questions and quotes.

I will definitely PM you when I do bring them back Lady Linda.
              Worf. S7. Once More Unto the Breech. You guys forget back in the days of brother's Fifth's quizes I was a ringer
              Ringer extraordinaire. You were definitely at the top or near the top of every quiiz.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

WoooHooo, can you say NINER'S baby!! (as in da 49ers)

I was at the game Saturday with my lovely wife (who is a fellow Niner die-hard). Thank you for the tickets brother Fifth. We had a great time, and I hope you will sell me your tickets for next weeks NFC Championship game at iconic Candlestick. The NY Giants will be tough (we beat them earlier in the year in a very close game), but I would rather face them at home than to have traveled to freezing Green Bay to face the Packers.

BTW: I was watching some post-game stuff I Tivo'd and ran across an interview with Tony Siragusa (who was an all-Pro Offensive Lineman and teammate of the Niner's coach Jim Harbaugh back in there playing days). He related a story about how every year their team put-on a huge Halloween themed party for everyone on the team and there families - Jim would show up dressed looking exactly like Spock (with a full official Starfleet uniform from the original series). Apparently Jim and his brother John Harbaugh naturally have pointy Vulcan-like ears, they also grew-up huge Star Trek fans.
                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Very good. Now quickly: Can you quote Kor's awesome speech about not living too long?
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post

I was at the game Saturday with my lovely wife (who is a fellow Niner die-hard). Thank you for the tickets brother Fifth. We had a great time, and I hope you will sell me your tickets for next weeks NFC Championship game at iconic Candlestick. The NY Giants will be tough (we beat them earlier in the year in a very close game), but I would rather face them at home than to have traveled to freezing Green Bay to face the Packers.

BTW: I was watching some post-game stuff I Tivo'd and ran across an interview with Tony Siragusa (who was an all-Pro Offensive Lineman and teammate of the Niner's coach Jim Harbaugh back in there playing days). He related a story about how every year their team put-on a huge Halloween themed party for everyone on the team and there families - Jim would show up dressed looking exactly like Spock (with a full official Starfleet uniform from the original series). Apparently Jim and his brother John Harbaugh naturally have pointy Vulcan-like ears, they also grew-up huge Star Trek fans.
                    That game against the Saints was easily one of the craziest football games I've ever seen, especially with the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. I couldn't believe how many times the lead changed. Hopefully Alex Smith will get a little more respect now.

Thanks for that info about the Harbaughs. I didn't know they were Trek fans.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                      Spoiler:

The Niner Empire is back with a screaming vengence that only Judas Priest (and us old scool 49er fans) could apppreciate This team is giving me that same feeling that the World Champion 2010 San Francisco Giants gave me: ie... getting no respect from the East Coast biased media, when in fact, and IMHO, they are the most dangerous team left (in a pool of truly great teams). What is so fricking amazing is that this is Harbaugh's (Jim) 1rst year with a team that hasn't won more than 6 games in any of the last 10+ seasons, did I say amazing! We are BACK!, and eveyone (if they don't already know it) will witness what Walsh/West Coast/49er Football can be.
                      Originally posted by USS Defiant
                      LOL, that is way too kewl brother USS Defiant. I went back and actually found that clip of Siragusa's interview. Jim Harbaugh does have very pointy Vulcan/Romulan looking ears. You get some major green for that bit of great Trek trivia.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        That game against the Saints was easily one of the craziest football games I've ever seen, especially with the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. I couldn't believe how many times the lead changed. Hopefully Alex Smith will get a little more respect now.
                        That was a truly epic and amazingly-fantastical helluva game!!!! You didn't even have to be a Football fan to appreciate the spectacle it was. ^5 brother Fuzz

I have been to all 5 of the 49er Super Bowl's (which they won all 5) and I was there for "The Catch" when Dwight Clark and Joe Montana broke the back and hearts of the Dallas Cowboys and reined in the Walsh Era (I was also there through the 70's with my dad when they were horrible, I'm NO fair-weather fan) - But I don't think I have seen a better game than what went down Saturday against the Saints. I just want Sunday's game against the Giants to be already in our pockets by half-time
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I've been watching Knight Rider for the First Time...and just seen Marc Alaimo...

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            I've been watching Knight Rider for the First Time...and just seen Marc Alaimo...
                            lol sweet spotting Saquist. What's really funny, is that I used to watch that show back in the day, and I seem to remember seeing him in an episode.

My wife and I were watching TCM -'Turner Classic Movies' channel (definitely one our favorite channels) last week where they were showing a series of movies that focused on the troubles Black's faced in this country throughout the middle part of the 20th century. Another-words there was a lot of movies with Sidney Portier, Moses Gunn, Howard E Rollins, Beah Richards just to name a few. And in one particular movie (I wish I remembered the name because it was a very good movie) a young looking Brock Peters (Joseph Sisko: Ben's father) was the star.

Comment

If you can find it I'd like to see that one.

It's interesting...Marc seems to have been playing the bad guy for quite some time. He didn't have the famous raspy Dukat Voice yet but I guess all things with time.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                                That was a truly epic and amazingly-fantastical helluva game!!!! You didn't even have to be a Football fan to appreciate the spectacle it was. ^5 brother Fuzz

I have been to all 5 of the 49er Super Bowl's (which they won all 5) and I was there for "The Catch" when Dwight Clark and Joe Montana broke the back and hearts of the Dallas Cowboys and reined in the Walsh Era (I was also there through the 70's with my dad when they were horrible, I'm NO fair-weather fan) - But I don't think I have seen a better game than what went down Saturday against the Saints. I just want Sunday's game against the Giants to be already in our pockets by half-time
                                I'm hoping tomorrow's game will go well. I know of one Raider fan who wants the Niners to lose. I'm wondering how cooperative the weather's going to be though. I got drenched at work yesterday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X