No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The network basically made them 'shake things up' by adding Worf and the Klingons in season 4. Hence why its a bit different. The mid-season two parter was supposed to be the S3 finale/S4 opener.

They get back to the dominion arc in Season 5
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
      The network basically made them 'shake things up' by adding Worf and the Klingons in season 4. Hence why its a bit different. The mid-season two parter was supposed to be the S3 finale/S4 opener.

Good to know ^^
      sigpic

Comment

If I remember my stats correctly it was the strongest showing of the Dominion of the last 3 years.

Comment

This scene takes place right at the beginning of the season III episode Defiant

Riker: "I have nothing to say to you, O'Brien. I think you know why."

We never are really given any kind of explanation regarding this - Are we supposed to assume Riker was lying and creating a false hostility between them to make him go away?

I am interested in any thoughts or idea's (even if they seem ridiculous)?
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            This scene takes place right at the beginning of the season III episode Defiant

Riker: "I have nothing to say to you, O'Brien. I think you know why."

We never are really given any kind of explanation regarding this - Are we supposed to assume Riker was lying and creating a false hostility between them to make him go away?

I am interested in any thoughts or idea's (even if they seem ridiculous)?
            That sentence has always seemed wrong to me. It's understandable that he doesn't want to interact with O'Brien, but that one bit of dialogue has always seemed wrong to me and it's the only thing that I dislike about a great episode. It feels like watching a scene in a sequel that refers to something that was cut out in the original, yet no one really noticed and left it in.

sigpic

Comment

I can barely remember TNG 'Second Chances' did Tom Riker actually have a problem with O'Brien at any point?

I think the idea was that Tom was trying to scare off O'Brien before he figure out he wasn't the genuine article. It also serves as a bit of foreshadowing that Tom isn't really Will.

But it is rather confusing why O'Brien didn't really express confusion. But then he is a non-com, he should be used to taking random abuse from officers. lol.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

I just agreed to buy a picture of major Kira autographed by Nana Visitor I dont usually collect stuff like that and im not sure what im going to do with it i imagine it will look kinda odd hanging on the wall next to my hand made collage of cute guys cut outta magazines.

I need to apoligize to you guys. My mother and i have watched all the way from The Defiant up to Prophet Motive but i havent posted any thoughts about the episodes cause i have been too busy reading through the copy of Star Trek Deep Space Nine Companion that i recently acquired

About what fake Riker says to O'Brien in 'The Defiant' i am pretty sure that O'Briens lack of reaction, his going along with what fake Riker says and leaving without a word of protest, was itself a sign of his confusion over Rikers behaviour. As he is walking away from the Defiant there is even a moment where he stops and looks back as though he still cant figure out what just happened there. And he continues to look confused about it right up til he remembers about Tom Riker and then everything makes sense again. I think it fits with O'Briens character. When he gets confused about stuff he doesnt hang about wasting energy on verbal exclamations no he goes off and has a good think about whatever is confusing him.

(and yes i know fake Rikers name is Tom but referring to him as fake Riker amuses me for some reason i cant explain even to myself)
                Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

currently watching the third season. i'm mostly focusing on the war arc and how it builds up till the end
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The network basically made them 'shake things up' by adding Worf and the Klingons in season 4.
                    Shake things up, yes. The decision to add Klingons was up to the writers, and the addition of Worf was a suggestion from Rick Berman.

Comment

Star Trek Deep space 9 was the best in terms of battle scenes, and ships!!!!!!!!! Friggin love the Dominion War!!!!!!!!!
                      1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                      5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                      6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        Shake things up, yes. The decision to add Klingons was up to the writers, and the addition of Worf was a suggestion from Rick Berman.
                        Really? I thought I'd read somrwhere the netwrok suits had specifically requested the klingons.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          currently watching the third season. i'm mostly focusing on the war arc and how it builds up till the end
                          My wife and I are currently halfway through season 3 ourselves. We are watching one episode every other night so we finish the series around Christmas. We like to savor each episode. I'm hoping to get the new TNG Blu-Ray DVD Box Set as a present this year.
                          Originally posted by Rawtheran View Post
                          Star Trek Deep space 9 was the best in terms of battle scenes, and ships!!!!!!!!! Friggin love the Dominion War!!!!!!!!!
                          Oh heck ya!

Comment

I'm gonna start Season Five this weekend.. And I liked season four but mostly for the visitor, little green man and the finale!
                            sigpic

Comment

Interesting none of those were episodes I thought were overly strong.

I remember liking 'Starship Down' (v. good ensemble adventure piece) and 'Sins of Commission' A Worf story that isn't entirely about klingon traditions and honour (just mostly) and also shows a klingon that follows their culture but isn't a cliche armoured warrior themselves (Ch'Pok the lawyer.)
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

I seem to recall us having a discussion a few months ago about the Worf on trial episode. And I recall us coming to a simliar conclusion what really sells this episode as for a Klingon how good Ch'Pok is at law when he argues with Worf and Sisko.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X