Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I'm definitely watching it now. I hadn't seen the newest episode.

Edit: Saw it, and now I completely want to nitpick away at it.
    You mean how he looked more like Captain Sisko than Commandar Sisko
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Well he had the rank of Captain Sisko, had the uniform of Captain Sisko, had the shaved head and goatee of Captain Sisko (Commander still had hair). There were also two "brothers" on the Enterprise in important roles, Geordi and Worf. Plus The Enterprise-B had notTuvok.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        I think the mystery will keep it sounding cool, seeing it would be a let down!

I would say lightning killed that guy, not soccer. Although I'm sure occasional serious accidents have happened.
        Maybe you're right...

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Of all the sports invented for Star Trek, I think Velocity is the most interesting one and definitely the one I'd like to try the most. Of course, there's that fancy phaser range on the Enterprise-D holodeck where Guinan was really showing up Worf.
          I loved the idea of the game Velocity, it looked pretty wicked. Personally I always thought that it would be a blast to be part of a Parrises Square team. That looked like an awesome team game!

Anyone ever heard of this (I found one at a Garage sale today, it's in perfect condition)....

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Board Game: was a two-to-four player game produced by Component Game Systems.

This was a core set (optimistically labeled "1st Edition") featuring playing pieces for the DS9 Federation, the Maquis, Cardassians and the Dominion.

Game play was tile-based and modular, depending on the number of players playing the game. The largest tile map, for six players (presumably when combined with other sets), is formed from 56 seven-hex tiles. Victory could be achieved by either military, economic, or mission-based means.

The game is compatible with Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Board Game, which features the Federation, Klingons, Ferengi, and Romulans, and is presumably compatible with other space-based CGS games, such as their Babylon 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I don't know if anyone watches Hawaii 5-0 but their was a DS9 reference in it.
            I saw that, it was pretty funny!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              I saw that, it was pretty funny!
              What was the reference?

I have tried to watch the new Hawaii Five-O a couple of times, ughhh, it's just not that good.

Brother Fifth used to keep a list of shows that referenced DS9 or any other Star Trek related stuff. He would occasionally post it them here.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                Up to season 4 now. Loved this quote:

QUARK: I'm not going to any emergency shelter. This is my bar and I'm going to defend it.
                ODO: Really? And how do you plan to do that?
                QUARK: With this.
                ODO: You're going to hit them with a box?
                QUARK: No, this is my disruptor pistol. The one I used to carry in the old days when I was serving on that Ferengi freighter.
                ODO: I thought you were the ship's cook.
                QUARK: That's right, and every member of that crew thought he was a food critic. If the Klingons try to get through these doors, I'll be ready for them.
                (Quark opens the box. There's a note inside which Odo takes and reads.)
                ODO: Dear Quark. I used parts of your disruptor to fix the replicators. Will return them soon. Rom.
                QUARK: I will kill him.
                ODO: With what?
                What episode is this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                  Way of the Warrior
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I believe that was from The Way of the Warrior, not long before the Klingons decide to board the station.
                    sigpic

Comment

What was the reference?

I have tried to watch the new Hawaii Five-O a couple of times, ughhh, it's just not that good.

Brother Fifth used to keep a list of shows that referenced DS9 or any other Star Trek related stuff. He would occasionally post it them here.
                      Well I like it

The main characters while in an case crash something that is clearly a homage/ripoff to Comic-Con. They approach a guy dressed in the "latter DS9 half" uniform. The characters call him Kirk and then the guy insulted says he is Cmdr Sisko despite looking more like the Capatain Sisko era.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        I believe that was from The Way of the Warrior, not long before the Klingons decide to board the station.
                        Thanks brother CF. I think I am going to give The Way of the Warrior a rewatch tonight.
                        Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        The main characters while in an case crash something that is clearly a homage/ripoff to Comic-Con. They approach a guy dressed in the "latter DS9 half" uniform. The characters call him Kirk and then the guy insulted says he is Cmdr Sisko despite looking more like the Capatain Sisko era.
                        lololol Very Cool brother jelgate. Good call on noticing that he looked more like Cmdr. Sisko than Capt. Sisko lolol

Comment

I think I am going to give The Way of the Warrior a rewatch tonight.
                          I remember when this episode (The Way of the Warrior) premiered, a lot of DS9 purists were worried if the producers pull all of this off successfully, and without alienating the "true," if you must, fans with Worf joining the cast. I guess they assumed we would associate Worf to much with TNG and Enterprise instead of as the new Commander of Deep Sapce Nine. Personally I was excited big-time when they announced that Michael Dorn was joining DS9 (I always thought Worf was very under-utilized on TNG).

But of course after everyone viewed this episode, and even if the series underwent somewhat of a metamorphosis, it was still true DS9.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                            I remember when this episode (The Way of the Warrior) premiered, a lot of DS9 purists were worried if the producers pull all of this off successfully, and without alienating the "true," if you must, fans with Worf joining the cast. I guess they assumed we would associate Worf to much with TNG and Enterprise instead of as the new Commander of Deep Sapce Nine. Personally I was excited big-time when they announced that Michael Dorn was joining DS9 (I always thought Worf was very under-utilized on TNG).

But of course after everyone viewed this episode, and even if the series underwent somewhat of a metamorphosis, it was still true DS9.
                            I aswell thought it was the sign of a huge and great change for DS9.
                            The producers knew they were losing their viewers and took appropriate action. From the ratings it's hard for me to say that it worked. Maybe it did. The Fourth season certainly looked like it picked up just a smudge more but the resulting seasons continued a rather steady and matched decline with Voyager.

But from what I've learned Trek has had a lot of competition from SG-1 during it's run...aswell as Babylon 5 and other sci fi shows that wanted a piece of TNG's pie. I don't think we'll see another sci fi show on regular TV ever again. Last year V got a mere 2 million viewers on Primetime TV and it's so bad I rather watch SGU.

Comment

Looks like it's Pirate Day on Gateworld.
                              I'm a Harbor Master!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

What the Hell...
                                Where's my Ford...

Comment

Working...
                                X