• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Gowron then Duras
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think having Duras lead the Council would have been an interesting twist though, having a character who's up to his eyeballs in secret dealings with the Romulans and more than likely to follow their interests.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        Those are the Holy Grail of Klingon characters (my favorites as well). Grilka was nothing short of sexy-fantastic!.
        what about Kang, Kor and Koloth? wouldnt they also be part of the Holy Grail of klingon characters?
        Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
          what about Kang, Kor and Koloth? wouldnt they also be part of the Holy Grail of klingon characters?
          They are the Klingon Holy Trinity.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
            All great characters, no doubt!. But as far as my personal Holy Grail of Klingon characters go -- it's Worf #1 - Martok #2 - Grilka #3 and Gowron #4. There are quite a few other Klingons that I would add to a favorites list - Kurn - Alexander - B'Elanna - K'mpec - Duras - Ch'Pok - B'Etor - Gorkon - Kell - Lursa and a few others.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The Search: Part I is definitely one of the most gripping hours of DS9 to fall into the adventure category (packed full with action and suspense elements) yet remains true to emphasizing the characters with some stellar dialogue and interaction.
              Well said brother Fifth. I loved Kira's energy in the great scene where she confronts Sisko regarding Starfleet's unjust decision. "Can I speak freely?" she asks. "What the hell is wrong with Starfleet? How can they do this to him?" There's also a good Kira/Odo scene where she tries to find out why he's acting so strangely, further shopwing the bond shared by these two characters.

Comment

All great characters, no doubt!. But as far as my personal Holy Grail of Klingon characters go -- it's Worf #1 - Martok #2 - Grilka #3 and Gowron #4. There are quite a few other Klingons that I would add to a favorites list - Kurn - Alexander - B'Elanna - K'mpec - Duras - Ch'Pok - B'Etor - Gorkon - Kell - Lursa and a few others.
                Grilka? Seriously? She seemed nothing nothing more then a token character who appeared just for the plot? She wasn't characterized like some of the others you mentioned
                Jelgate is right

Comment

One intriguing Klingon character that was markedly different from the others was Kortar, though he was admittedly someone from the afterlife and not a "real" flesh-and-blood character in the same sense as the others.

Kor was another Klingon character that I thought was very well-nuanced. John Colicos definitely brought out the imperial aristocracy part of Kor's character well with lines like, "This democratic rabble..."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Grilka? Seriously? She seemed nothing nothing more then a token character who appeared just for the plot? She wasn't characterized like some of the others you mentioned
                    What can I say, I am sucker for strong female types, especially Klingon females LOL. The 2 episodes in which the lovely Grilka appeared in -- The House of Quark and especially Looking for par'Mach in all the Wrong Places are 2 of my favorite DS9 episodes.

Even though he only appeared in one DS9 episode - I also really like the Klingon advocate Ch'Pok, who tried to have Worf extradiated and prosecuted for crimes against the Klingon people in the very good season IV episode Rules of Engagement.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

What can I say, I am sucker for strong female types, especially Klingon females LOL. The 2 episodes in which the lovely Grilka appeared in -- The House of Quark and especially Looking for par'Mach in all the Wrong Places are 2 of my favorite DS9 episodes.

Even though he only appeared in one DS9 episode - I also really like the Klingon advocate Ch'Pok, who tried to have Worf extradiated and prosecuted for crimes against the Klingon people in the very good season IV episode Rules of Engagement.
                      I honestly don't see it. But to be fair I'm not a big fan of either of those episode. Although the look on Julian's face on Looking Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places is quite hilarious. Nothing against strong female characters. I have my fair share those. Concidentally they started in DS9. I never thought TNG had good female characters.

I loved the Klingion lawyer from Rules of Engagement. For a Klingion he really knew how to twist words
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The look on Julian's face on Looking Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places is quite hilarious. Nothing against strong female characters. I have my fair share those
                        Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places was a wonderful sequel to The House of Quark (and a better episode) - LOL, I loved the scene where Julian is eavesdropping on the "Battling O'Brien's" - I also loved the give and take between Jadzia and Worf .....

Worf: "I prefer traditional opera performed in the traditional manner."

Dax: "You know, for a Klingon who was raised by humans, wears a Starfleet uniform, and drinks prune juice, you're pretty attached to tradition. But that's okay. I like a man riddled with contradictions."
                        Originally posted by jelgate
                        I loved the Klingion lawyer from Rules of Engagement. For a Klingion he really knew how to twist words
                        Ch'Pok is a great one-off (one appearence only) character. In my humble opinion DS9 especially had more truly great one-off or part-time (not to mention full-time) characters than any other Trek series.

I know what you mean by the lack of strong female characters on TNG (I do love both Deanna and Beverly who were strong at times). Dr. Pulaski was a fairly strong and independant character. Another great and strong Klingon character was K'Ehleyr (special emissary/ambassador of the Federation) who was of course Worf's love interest and Alexander's mother.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Lawyers are the same, no matter what species they are.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Agreed. I found that more than a little creepy, to be honest.
                            THAT...is a most excellent sig, sir.

Comment

Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places was a wonderful sequel to The House of Quark (and a better episode)
                              Definitely the better of the 2 episodes -- "Looking for Par'mach in All the Wrong Places," in addition to having one of the longest episode titles in Trek history, is one of the more purely amusing episodes that DS9 produced. There's not much of anything here in terms of plot, but that's precisely the point and the reason why the episode works so well.
                              Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              Dr. Pulaski was a fairly strong and independant character. Another great and strong Klingon character was K'Ehleyr (special emissary/ambassador of the Federation) who was of course Worf's love interest and Alexander's mother.
                              I liked the Dr. Pulaski character. She was everything Dr Crusher wasn't. But she was also kind of annoying, especially when she was questioning Data's integrity as an android. K'Ehleyr was a fantastic Klingon female character. I am still perturbed that they killed her off.
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                                Definitely the better of the 2 episodes -- "Looking for Par'mach in All the Wrong Places," in addition to having one of the longest episode titles in Trek history, is one of the more purely amusing episodes that DS9 produced. There's not much of anything here in terms of plot, but that's precisely the point and the reason why the episode works so well.
                                I liked the Dr. Pulaski character. She was everything Dr Crusher wasn't. But she was also kind of annoying, especially when she was questioning Data's integrity as an android. K'Ehleyr was a fantastic Klingon female character. I am still perturbed that they killed her off.
                                Yeah, I was ticked they decided to kill of K'Ehleyr. I was actually thinking the other day that had she lived through the Klingon Civil War, she would have been a very good recurring character on DS9.

I also wanted to get some closure with Dr. Pulaski. She was a bold one, wasn't she? She decided to take Worf up on the Klingon tea ceremony and have him read poetry to her. She was another character that I would have liked to see make appearance on DS9. In fact, it could be argued that DS9, being a starbase, is one of those places that all the interesting people in ST lore eventually visit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X