Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) DS9... hands down my favorite!
    2) TNG... a very close second to DS9
    3) Voyager... the first few seasons were rather boring, but once 7 of 9 hit the show it went up big time!
    4) Original ST... some very thought provoking episodes
    5) Enterprise... The last season and a half saved this debacle from being completely lame.
    6) Animated... decent enough to watch.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Woohoo - DS9 is in the lead!!!
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

It was TNG and then 7 of 9 showed up on Voyager....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

1) Voyager - Death to C/7 ship! It was great until 'Endshame', but it's still my favourite!
          2)DS9 - Love Ezri, Julian, Miles and Quark!
          3)TNG - but you can keep Troi
          4)TOS - A brilliant show
          5)TAS - Wonky drawings but entertaining
          6)ENT - A load of rubbish...my fave character (travis) got ignored.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Gotta be DS9. it's just so hardcore. Voyager was the one that got me into Trek, so it has a special place! TNG was....alright. i can watch it but i have no emotional ties to those people. i know for a fact they're gonna make it out alright and it's gonna end happy (the 80's was lousy for TV. great for music though!) It was unbelievably obvious it was made for syndication. wheras DS9 (similar to SG in that way) was made that you had to have at least an idea of what happened before. A much better way to do it IMHO.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

TNG--top choice....it did get a little preachy at times, but overall I loved it, especially the characters. Well-thought-out characters with well-realized relationships between them. Loved Picard and Data, thought Stewart and Spiner should have been recognized for their acting abilities---come to think of it, the whole show was really underrated, thanks to Hollywood's sci-fi prejudices....

DS9--second choice, but only by a slim margin....I avoided watching it at first because it was so dark compared to TNG and now I wish I hadn't..... The last 4 years were great, each new season improving upon the last. The whole Dominion Wars story-arc was riveting drama, sci-fi or not---loved the development of the characters over the seasons....

TOS--always a fondness for this one, like the first real boyfriend you ever had....

VOY--for the most part, they lost me when they brought in the Lettuce-Head Aliens (can't remember their names), but there were occasional episodes that I wouldn't mind seeing again....

Ent--so much potential with so little to show for it....

Comment

The original series was funny, I liked TNG, LOVED Voyager, didn't really like Enterprise all that much, and I just hate DS9.

I just... didn't like it lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

DS9 edges out TNG but only by a little. It was Star Trek's 'Empire Strikes Back' to TNG's 'A New Hope'. Darker, edgier... and stationary, which made character development all the more important. Major Kira is my favorite Trek character (right up there next to Spock) - very complex. And Nana Visitor really sold her conflict. (Although, I must say that Picard remains my all time favorite captain). However, I did think that there was some wasted story potential in the last season. I dunno. Maybe it's because they had so much to wrap up (it was the first time Trek had attempted any kind of major story arc), but I thought it could have been executed better. (I can't be the only one that didn't really care for Vic Fontaine, the holo lounge lizard, can I? And I was really starting to dig Damar and then... *sigh*.)

TOS will always have a special place because it's what got me hooked on Science Fiction television in the first place. I had never seen anything like it before. I remember the first episode I saw when I was a wee thing. It was 'Devil In The Dark'. The one with the Horta that could burrow through solid rock. I remember watching when Spock laid his hands on this 'alien' and it began talking through him. I remember thinking 'this is so cool'. Never missed a rerun till I saw them all and I've seen all the eps many, many times since. TOS started it all, and you have to give it props for that.

After TOS is Voyager. Unlike many others, it seems, I really enjoyed Voyager. It wasn't as satisfying as the other next gen. shows (a lot of wasted potential) but it had its moments. I thought it really took off after the introduction of Seven. Too bad so many couldn't see the character for the catsuit. She was really quite fascinating to me. But I almost quit watching after they brought back Kes and proceeded to utterly assassinate her character (I still refuse to believe that episode even exists), and the finale was kind of a let down.

ENT started out okay (but the continuity errors were glaring) then took a nose dive with all the temporal stuff. Got better in the last season, but it was too little too late and they pulled the plug. What more is there to say?

The animated series was pretty decent. I remember watching it when I was kid. Thought it was really cool that the all the original TOS actors did the character voices. Loved the ep that brought back the Tribbles

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
                    I can't be the only one that didn't really care for Vic Fontaine, the holo lounge lizard, can I? And I was really starting to dig Damar and then... *sigh*.)
                    Same here
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

It was a toss up between TNG and DS9, but I’d have to say DS9. I haven’t watched DS9 since it ended its run except for maybe an occasional episode, but I remember thoroughly enjoying the series.
                      Originally posted by Liebestraume
                      While now I have fond memories of TNG, I don't believe a lot of it would withstand re-watching.
                      Heh. That’s the same way I feel about TNG. I never missed an episode even though I was like 10 yrs old when it was first shown, but I just don’t jump at the chance to rewatch it now even though it was a great series.

I watched Voyager, but I never saw the last season and still haven’t but not because I didn’t want to but because the stupid local channel that showed it dropped it from their programming.

I’ve never watched TOS except for a couple of episodes, though at least one of those happened to be The Trouble with Tribbles. I only watched the first season of Enterprise after that I just couldn’t get back into it. Hopefully it will be syndicated sometime so I can go back and watch at least the last season since I read it was better. Though I did watch the very last episode and what do they do but go and kill Trip. Needless to say I was peeved at that.

I’m not a hard core Trek fan, but I did enjoy the franchise even though it had its ups and downs.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

1.) The Next Generation - i didnt like the first couple of seasons though. Wesley was fine but i didnt like him at the beginning either (he got cooler later on). Data and Geordi were my faves.
                        2.) Enterprise - I loved the actors, i loved the ship...i just didnt like the story line!
                        3.) Voyager - though i have alot of dislikes with this one
                        4.) The Original Series - i'm not into old tv shows.
                        5.) DS9 - i just did not like it! I also dont like odo.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

DS9, It's set on a space station, and it's unique
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah on a space station you have a more stable plot
                            love Torri

Comment

DS9

I loved the darkness of it, loved everything with the Dominion, and I maintain that the Defiant could take out any ship in the Federation. I loved how for the first season or so, they just dropped little hints about the Dominion.

Overall I liked the main characters more than on any other Trek show.

But on top of that, the secondary characters were unbelievable. Garak, Dukat, Morn, etc etc. So many wonderful characters.

Out...
                              Last edited by Kevin; 03 August 2005, 11:48 AM.

Comment

For me, TNG hands down. I grew up on this series all the way to the end of it and into the movies, but that was during my teenage "sci-fi" informative years!
                                Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
                                and Captain Jack Harkness
                                Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
                                Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
                                Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
                                I live here.....Calling All Australians?
                                My other home...Stargate Down Under
                                My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                                X