No announcement yet.

Finale, Part 2 (1022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I don't know what to say. I loved it and only had a few quibbles. Seeing Lex again was great and sooooooooooooOOOOOOOO awesome! Wasn't too big on the memory erase thing, but Tess doing it just made me like it more, it fits the Luthor legacy really well and makes alot of sense to me Tess would be the one to erase Lex's memories if it was anyone else I wouldn't be as pleased. Goodbye Tess. Awesome seeing Jonathan again, I didn't fully understand how he was there but it was great. Lionel was just FAN-tastic. I didn't care about having a big Darkseid/Superman showdown, it wasn't about that. Very nice to see a Jimmy cameo! I would say Jimmy again but this is apparently the little Jimmy we saw back at the "other" Jimmy's funeral. CHLOE SULLIVAN FTW!

I have more good things I can say but i'm tired at the moment.

I did think alot of the first part dragged a bit though. The wedding stuff especially, some of that could of been cut out. I think Part 1 made Part 2 seem a little rushed. Sure we could of gotten more of CK in tights but in the end it was a great ending to a fantastic show! I would love for Smallville to continue in comic book form.

I give it a 10! Or maybe a 9.5 or 9.7....but 10 expresses my love more.

So...when are getting the next Superman show?

EDIT: Oh and to add, I loved how the episode kinda explained(or at least I saw that it did) that Superman would be the disguise and Clark Kent still would be the true person. (And I'm not talking about the Daily Planet CK )

Comment

wow, finally can see this thread.

I thought the finale was great, cheesy appropriate send-off. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of action, it focused more on the build-up to the little action and didn't focus too much on Clark in uniform, lol which was ok cause come on, it was very cheesy! lol but was awesome.

Comment

The ending was okay, but that final fight between Clark and Darkseid was so anti-climatic, that I actually felt cheated after it finished.

Hearing so much about Darkseid being the big scary ultimate evil, making us think that we would see the best fight scene in the entire shows history, only for Clark to just fly straight through him, making him blow up and scream like a little ***** was poor.

We also deserved a full shot of Tom in "the suit", and we never got it. And having Chloe basically reveal Clark's double life in comic form to a kid seemed pointless considering that the characters always tried to cover it up.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
          We also deserved a full shot of Tom in "the suit", and we never got it.
          TW always said he never wanted to wear the suit, and he essentially got his way and never did.

I didn't really mind even though I thought the CGI was rather meh, but the final live shot of him was a great send off.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            TW always said he never wanted to wear the suit, and he essentially got his way and never did.

I didn't really mind even though I thought the CGI was rather meh, but the final live shot of him was a great send off.
            Why did he not want to wear the suit? Sortta goes with the territory when you're in the role he was in.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Why did he not want to wear the suit? Sortta goes with the territory when you're in the role he was in.
              Probably the stigma of typecasting. Once an actor dons the red cape, they are always referred to as 'Superman', and their careers tend to stagnate from there. Look at George Reeve, Christopher Reeves, Dean Cain and Brandon Routh. For the most part, although it's still early for Routh, their parts dwindled to supporting roles because they couldn't break the typecast of being Superman. Heck, even in George and Christopher's cases they were referred to as Superman in the headlines when they died.

As long as Tom Welling could maintain that distance from the suit, he could sidestep that typecasting that gets attached to such an iconic wardrobe. Until the end, he was a lead actor that wore everyday attire that acted like Superman, but never really was Superman. Until the end.

Comment

I just remember reading some interview long ago. Can't remember exactly why.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I would agree, but he was playing Clark Kent on his journey to becoming Superman. Not Superman himself. While it would of been nice to see TW in full suit non-CG. I thought we got to see alot more than expected. I love the shirt-rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                    Probably the stigma of typecasting. Once an actor dons the red cape, they are always referred to as 'Superman', and their careers tend to stagnate from there. Look at George Reeve, Christopher Reeves, Dean Cain and Brandon Routh. For the most part, although it's still early for Routh, their parts dwindled to supporting roles because they couldn't break the typecast of being Superman. Heck, even in George and Christopher's cases they were referred to as Superman in the headlines when they died.

As long as Tom Welling could maintain that distance from the suit, he could sidestep that typecasting that gets attached to such an iconic wardrobe. Until the end, he was a lead actor that wore everyday attire that acted like Superman, but never really was Superman. Until the end.
                    It's not just the suit though, he played Clark Kent for 10 seasons so like it or not, he's going to be associated with the character for the rest of his career. It doesn't really matter if he wore the suit or not.

--

Personally, I think the whole two parter was one massive cheat.

First half an hour is focused on a wedding that doesn't happen for 7 more years, great waste of time that was. Lionel selling his soul to bring back Lex, oh come on. Will admit watching him get his heart ripped out was pure badass. Learning to fly with the use of a montage, that is just asking for someone to make fun of it....

Disappointed they never resurrected the real Lex, but it was good to have Rosenbaum back. Thought it was going to be great, having Clark and a fully knowledged Lex being rivals but then erasing his memory, what the hell. Pointlessly killing Tess, no Supes/Apoc fight, terrible Superman CGI and for someone who is supposed to inspire the people, no one actually saw him.

Only thing I really enjoyed, Tom ripping the shirt.

sigpic

Comment

I thought or like to think that the Lex we saw in the finale WAS the real Lex just with some clone parts. Thats what I thought "Lx0" meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I thought or like to think that the Lex we saw in the finale WAS the real Lex just with some clone parts. Thats what I thought "Lx0" meant.
                        I was hoping the same thing, but the impression I got that it was more of the best parts from each clone pieced together. Personally I'd rather they went for the real Lex with parts added on which is A: Great because it's the real Lex, and B: Great because they used the same plan from a game series I love.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I was hoping the same thing, but the impression I got that it was more of the best parts from each clone pieced together. Personally I'd rather they went for the real Lex with parts added on which is A: Great because it's the real Lex, and B: Great because they used the same plan from a game series I love.
                          I'm going to believe its the real Lex no matter what! It helps me enjoy his return more.

Comment

I totally LOVED it. cried in the first 20 minutes (yeah I'm pathetic) it was amazing LOVED it I just wish they you know ACTUALLY GOT MARRIED but eppp Chlollie has a son *happy fan girl dance*
                            Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

ok so I know I just posted but I just have to say, Lionel's beard scared me (lol it really did) and I'm still a new fan to Smallville, I felt by watching it I'd betray Stargate but well yeah *grins* anyway I think it was a really great send of I'm just sad that it's over (3 of my shows over, why networks why?) I really liked the send of and seeing AA again *happy dance* LOVE him but if I find out he ever calls Clark CK I'll box him in the ears and I LOVED how Rosenbaum came back though I hated that he killed Tess, I hated her at first but now she was just awesome so I gotta say I LOVE the finale it was an amazing Send off (and sorry but better than the SGU send off, sorry I'm still sad about that) but as papa Kent said "Always Hold On To Smallville"
                              Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                I definitely think it was the real Lex. They all treated him like the real Lex and nobody called him a clone.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X