Finale, Part 2 (1022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flobo View Post
    After that, I almost expected Lois's mind to be wiped too in order to connect better with the superman movies.
    SV has always tried to emulate the mythology, not just the movies...and they've honoured that to an extent. Anyone who reads the comics knows Lois KNOWS Clark's identity, and that they are married. Other nods to comic mythology were ripe in this finale (Lex coming back in a cloned body and his ascension to Presidency, and yes, even forgetting Clark was Superman, which he knew breifly in the comics during the Manchester Black arc)

Comment

Yes, but Brandom Routh's costume, the musical theme, the fact that Jonathan died from an heart attack, this is more related to the movies than to the comics.

They've always navigated in between, and i would have prefere for them to make their own ending than force themselve to reach a statue quo.

Comment

well the saving was meh (took 10 sec to blew away gigantic planet and didnt even destry it so it would not harm other planets) and to see clark fly was like 1min in total for 2 part episode final

story was good but yeah to much melodrama in it
        now it needs prequel what is a show about how he is superman and the adventures with the justice league
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

very, very nice series ender.

while i was watching, i felt like crying a couple or so times. it was very sentimental, and i loved it!!

i also had this sadness watching it, not just b/c it was the last smallville ep, but b/c... it was just really nice to see a series give the fans what they want before the end! (why stargate, why... )

i was shocked by tess's death. she was never one of my faves, but still. (((tess)))

LOVED that chloe wasn't killed off, or ended up with that fate mask and never got to have a nice life! she ended up with oliver and a child. happiness all around!

~chloe/oliver was my fave ship. WONDERFUL to see this ship handled with love and respect, for the fans too!~

(why stargate, why not with s/j?... )

so anyway, i'm going to miss this series. s10 has not been my fave season (i felt they pushed themselves to write this last season, just so they could break sg1's 10 year record), but i very much enjoyed this send-off.

now i have sanctuary and... uh... i've got some other scifi shows to watch... V... nope... uh.... i'll get back to you on that.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I watched this again this evening, and it was even better the second time around. They really did do a pretty good job with ending this show.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the finale was interesting. thought i haven't seen a single episode since after the justice episode in season six. (i was still in high school at the time and that was taking up most of my time). oliver queen's redemption was nice as he took on darkseid's cronies. took em out with one arrow each and shot all three arrows at the same time.

Comment

poor tess, she seems forgotton after a while, the should of gone all out for the cgi and a few good shots of clark in the suit.

i was hoping for a battle between daekseid and clark and omega beam and whatnot.

but it was good though
                sigpic

Comment

I thought it was fitting and very satisfying conclusion.

I'm really glad that Oliver was redeemed and that he and Chloe got their happy ending. Loved how at the end in 2018 we were where we were supposed to be in the Superman universe and all characters were acting in character. Many shows could take a lesson from how this finale was handled. A job well done by all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I watched this again this evening, and it was even better the second time around. They really did do a pretty good job with ending this show.
                    Yeah I liked it better the second time too.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

now all what is needed is that they make prequel to the show what will fill us in the storyes in the 7 years time what was in the end (7 years after)

pilot should start as Clark Kent reveal him as a Superman to the people and start with the story as superman

to easy defeat with the darkseid and planet save
                      btw why always superman fly and save planes by lifting it up under wing and engine
                      why not from the plane nose or the belly where the plane should be stronger
                      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                        now all what is needed is that they make prequel to the show what will fill us in the storyes in the 7 years time what was in the end (7 years after)

pilot should start as Clark Kent reveal him as a Superman to the people and start with the story as superman

to easy defeat with the darkseid and planet save
                        btw why always superman fly and save planes by lifting it up under wing and engine
                        why not from the plane nose or the belly where the plane should be stronger
                        I think it was to portray christerphor reeves superman as he flew under the wing but if memory serves in superman returns you see superman fly under a space shuttle but later grabs the wind of plane but only to stop it from spinning.

Comment

This was a decent finale. I haven't watched in two seasons, but I tuned in for the sendoff.

I'm somewhat disappointed in how they allocated the VFX budget. Apokolips was pretty well done, except for that weird liquid surface near the end. Seeing it get pushed out of the atmosphere was nicely done, though. I'm disappointed they didn't bother with a full body shot of Welling!Superman. Seriously, I was waiting for that. Such a let down.

I was kinda hoping for a throwdown between Darkseid and Clark, but after the Doomsday fight, I can't honestly say I expected it. Darkseid at least looked cool as an evil spectre.

All things considered, it worked out well for a finale. The scene with Luthor becoming president and instituting economic reform was a nice nod to other Superman stories.

Comment

For the naysayers...all I can say is you should've have watched if you left the show years ago.

Now, on to the good stuff! I enjoyed the finale. When it was over, I said, "That's the way to send off an excellent series." I loved the snippets of Clarks life and him realizing that they were all trials that led him to his destiny.

I really enjoyed the episode. I'm hoping to do a rewatch tonight!
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                                Loved it!
                                Definitely a fitting way to end this show. Everyone involved in Smallville should be very proud.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X