No announcement yet.

The Midnight Ride (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We wouldn't be doing as well as Crane, I'm certain of that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
      We wouldn't be doing as well as Crane, I'm certain of that.
      Most certainly not

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

I don't even want to think about it. Plumbing, climate control, computers, cars, and every modern convenience gone. On top of that, I would have no skills other than a lack of the social graces and inhibitions of the time. I'd last as long as I good convince people to feed me and not hang me as some devil spawn who has strange clothing and is unaware of the ways of their "modern world." I mean in all honesty witchcraft or lunacy would be the choice anyone I came across would have and neither of those labels meant good things in that time period.

This actually goes back to the problem I always bring up about this show, there isn't enough culture shock. Yes this particular episode had plenty, but from the beginning there should have been much more.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
          I'm not objecting to it, I'm just saying we haven't seen much evidence of it.
          Originally posted by Looney View Post
          I don't even want to think about it. Plumbing, climate control, computers, cars, and every modern convenience gone. On top of that, I would have no skills other than a lack of the social graces and inhibitions of the time. I'd last as long as I good convince people to feed me and not hang me as some devil spawn who has strange clothing and is unaware of the ways of their "modern world." I mean in all honesty witchcraft or lunacy would be the choice anyone I came across would have and neither of those labels meant good things in that time period.

This actually goes back to the problem I always bring up about this show, there isn't enough culture shock. Yes this particular episode had plenty, but from the beginning there should have been much more.
          That's a great scenario you described. I can smell a fic in the making.

As much as I enjoy Crane's close encounters with modern technologies and amenities, I for one am glad they're not making it the center of the show. I like to think a lot of explaining and experiencing has been going on off camera. And I prefer to see Ichabod as a man whose quick wit and broad horizon helps him to fit into a foreign environment while his pride won't allow him to show just how lost he is. Because what else can he do? He knows there's no way back to his time, so he's making the best of a bad situation.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Andy was hitting on Abbie, you think? Thought I saw that too. Too bad about the Masons.
            I thought they were going to be help out.
            I just rewatched this. I don't see how Andy was protecting Abbie by keeping her ex away. I think he was just jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              I'd last as long as I good convince people to feed me and not hang me as some devil spawn who has strange clothing and is unaware of the ways of their "modern world."
              Oh man I didn't even think of that - and that would actually be the trickiest part, not being immediately singled out as a witch or a crazy person.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              As much as I enjoy Crane's close encounters with modern technologies and amenities, I for one am glad they're not making it the center of the show. I like to think a lot of explaining [is done off screen].
              Same here, it would get on my nerves pretty fast if he was freaking out and/or baffled every couple of minutes.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                I just rewatched this. I don't see how Andy was protecting Abbie by keeping her ex away. I think he was just jealous
                I did come across that way. But only in this episode.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                  I'm curious about that too. At first I thought Andy was going to try and recruit him for the Dark Side.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I'm curious about that too. At first I thought Andy was going to try and recruit him for the Dark Side.
                    Me too.

And as far as Andy liking Abbie - I think we've seen evidence of that since the first episode. I mean, he tried to knock her out to keep her out of the whole horseman-Ichabod thing from the start. At least, to me he has.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                      Me too.

And as far as Andy liking Abbie - I think we've seen evidence of that since the first episode. I mean, he tried to knock her out to keep her out of the whole horseman-Ichabod thing from the start. At least, to me he has.
                      No matter what Andy's motives were to knock out Abbie, i agree that the gentle way he treated her when she was unconscious was a sure indication that he cared for her on some level. Jealousy seems to be the only explanation why Andy would tell Morales to stay away from Abbie, unless her ex has some role to play in the demons' scenario that we are not aware of yet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                        Me too.

I forgot about that. I'll have to watch him more closely when he pops up again.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Andy is pulling a Grima Wormtongue?
                          sigpic

Comment

Boy that's a disturbing thought

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

I wonder if Abby has an inkling of that.
                              sigpic

Comment

FOX release the sound track of Ichabod's voicemail message to Abbie. You can listen to it here: http://soundcloud.com/foxtv/sleepy-hollow-ichabods

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X