No announcement yet.

The Midnight Ride (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star - I'm not an emotional whump fan either; I prefer physical.

Vampyre - I agree that I don't want to see him constantly brooding. It would be OOC for Ichabod and that wasn't at all what I was meaning.

Okay, I this whole Katrina/Ichabod/Insensitive-Abbie thing has passed through too many people and is being misconstrued, lol.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Admirably put, I agree completely!

Another great bit that I forgot to mention was when they were trying to destroy the horseman's head...
      Lol, yes, that was great/funny, and then Abbie suggested that they could take it over to the junk yard(or something) and put it in a compactor.

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      Star - I'm not an emotional whump fan either; I prefer physical.

Vampyre - I agree that I don't want to see him constantly brooding. It would be OOC for Ichabod and that wasn't at all what I was meaning.

Okay, I this whole Katrina/Ichabod/Insensitive-Abbie thing has passed through too many people and is being misconstrued, lol.
      I didn't think that you meant that you wanted to see him constantly brooding. I was just saying that I really wouldn't want/need to see that, and that just because he's not shown constantly brooding, it doesn't mean that he loves Katrina any less.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh! Okay! Misunderstood, sorry.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          Lol, yes, that was great/funny, and then Abbie suggested that they could take it over to the junk yard(or something) and put it in a compactor.
          Actually, I was rather miffed they didn't show that part. I was looking forward to seeing that thing turn itself into a pretzel trying to squash the skull.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

A great episode! I think this is my favorite one so far. The mixture of humor and anger was just right.

Loved how Ichabod just couldn't help himself and cut in on the teachers talk about Paul Revere and corrected him. But then again, Ichabod was a teacher himself.

Watching Ichabod and Abby trying to destroy the skull was terrific. Just seeing the frustrated look on their faces was so funny. And then Ichabod teasing Abby by continuing to suck on the straw was cool.

I like how Tom doesn't go overboard on the humor -- it's somewhat sly at times and a little bewildered at others.

Looking forward to next week and the face-off with death.

Comment

In regard to Ichabod's feelings for Katrina, we have to remember that for him it's only been about a month since the last time he saw her - not 250 years. He was asleep for all those years and on waking up he undoubtedly thought he was in the same time as he was when he "died". So it isn't surprising that he'd still have strong feelings for his wife, and he's not likely to become attracted to another woman for a long time. As he told the computer girl, he is "still espoused" to his wife (as far as he's concerned anyway).

Comment

I loved all the ways they tried to destroy the skull ... with none of those ways working.

I loved the way they trapped death.

And Captain Irving said he wouldn't believe any of this unless he saw it with his own eyes. Well, now he has. Big Time. Can't dismiss it now.

Comment

Talk about a Hard Headed enemy!

"Hey sexy, wanna chat?"

"I'm still here"

his reactions!
                  Last edited by Spimman; 12 November 2013, 04:39 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Min Min - i'm not quite sure what you mean by server purpose can you explain?
                    I mean, serve your purposes, but I was wrong:

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                    m&mnm, maybe she misundertstood when you said we might emo whump Ichabod because he feels her loss. But min min, that meant he's distressed that she's not with him, not that we want to see him grieving her death. We're not that cruel. (And emo whump doesn't do much for me to begin with. )
                    I'm sorry, I didn't understand, I didn't mean to upset anyone!
                    sigpic

Comment

We aren't upset - just confused

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

So.. I loved the ending scene! It was greatyly done and shot by the cast and crew.

Ichabod with the laptop and the woman - "Well that is wildly inappropriate"; loved it.

"This was free." "So was the arsenic that comes with it." You tell him Abbie!

Sometimes I do wonder how Abbie can be so insensitive to the fact that Crane has no one and is still in love with his wife whom he can't see or touch unless he's half dead. I mean, she constantly throws that in his face and it's gotta hurt him on some level.

Overall, though, I liked the ep. And I'm glad that they added another team member - meaning Orlando Jones.
                        Loved the bits about paying for water, everything at the museum and the bit with the chat site!!!

IMHO, Abbie is a bit cold when she mentioned Katrina. She should try to be a bit more sensative. That's his wife for crying out loud!

I like that the Captain is in on things now. Although it now throws a theory I had about him out the window. I was starting to think he was a decendent of Cicero and knew all about the Four Horsemen and Crane's part in fighting them back in the day.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Probably my favorite episode to date, but I still don't really like the show too much. Love the culture shock stuff. Love that Orlando Jones is finally in on it. And I think I might be in love with Nicole Beharie, but she is just way too beautiful. I mean it like hurts to look at her.

And love min min light's new avatar!

Comment

Ooh! I forgot to mention.. I also appreciated Ichabod throwing sarcasm back at Abbie; specifically his remark about how he couldn't imagine what being unfamiliar with something that she didn't understand could feel like.. Made me smile.

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Thanks Looney!

I liked that line too. I imagine if we got sent back 200 years we wouldn't last a week without help.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                                Thanks Looney!

I liked that line too. I imagine if we got sent back 200 years we wouldn't last a week without help.
                                I think a week is being generous I probably wouldn't last a day

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X