No announcement yet.

Sleepy Hollow (Fox) News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This show has been a surprise for me. I've enjoyed it so far, and while it looks like Season 1 will be mostly the "monster of the week" variety I can see a foundation being laid for larger story arcs in the future.

You'd think Ichabod, which his identic memory, would have picked up a few modern history books to read.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      This show has been a surprise for me. I've enjoyed it so far, and while it looks like Season 1 will be mostly the "monster of the week" variety I can see a foundation being laid for larger story arcs in the future.

You'd think Ichabod, which his identic memory, would have picked up a few modern history books to read.
      Maybe he doesn't know about bookstores and libraries yet. Or maybe he doesn't have time with all else that's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Maybe he doesn't know about bookstores and libraries yet. Or maybe he doesn't have time with all else that's going on.
        Possible. I think he mentioned he was a professor or studied at Oxford so libraries and bookstores shouldn't be all that unfamiliar. Also, he seems to be locked in a hotel room with little to do for at least a few hours a day.

It might be cool, at some point, to have an episode focusing on him getting a crash course in the last 200 years. For now, the aloof comments are kind of funny.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
          I literally *just* got it.

Why would I!?!? Honestly, it's just perfect!!!!

I apologize in advance for this minor rant. Historic costume is a passion of mine.

Rococo (Marie Antionette's duds, 1714-1810) and Steampunk (Victorian era, 1837-1901) should NEVER cross!!!! EVAR!!!! LIKE NEVER EVER EVER!!! Two COMPLETELY different time periods with complete different vibes!!! Rococo is light and playful while Steampunk is severe and mature. Unless you plan on sticking him in something along the lines of Sherlock, Steampunk elements with Rococo looks out of place.

When he fully studies American history, his heart is gonna split right in two.

Am I alone in the fact that I didn't find the Sandman necessarily bad?
          Spoiler:
          Yes, he killed two people and threatened another but he wasn't bad. He forced people to realize their mistakes although his punishment was extreme. If he would have offered a chance of redemption then he would have been a really awesome character
          Spoiler:
          then again, i've got a thing for monstrous grey/good characters
          What he needs is something that let's him blend in a little while still keeping the flavor of his era. Not that he'd stand out that much in today's society. If I saw him coming down the street, I'd think he was HOT, but not that he dressed strangely.

Comment

The way he was dressed- you might think he was a reenactor who lost his group.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
              What he needs is something that let's him blend in a little while still keeping the flavor of his era. Not that he'd stand out that much in today's society. If I saw him coming down the street, I'd think he was HOT, but not that he dressed strangely.
              Kinda looks like a hipster, and his snobish attitude about modern beverages helps. He'd fit right in at a non-chain coffee\tea shop.

One big question remaining for me is, who are the other main characters going to end up being. Ichabod and Abbie are obviously in it for the long run, but I'm not sure if the Captain will get more involved or her sister. I wish the old sheriff could stay around as I really like Clancy Brown as an actor.
              sigpic

Comment

Possible. I think he mentioned he was a professor or studied at Oxford so libraries and bookstores shouldn't be all that unfamiliar. Also, he seems to be locked in a hotel room with little to do for at least a few hours a day.

It might be cool, at some point, to have an episode focusing on him getting a crash course in the last 200 years. For now, the aloof comments are kind of funny.
                That would be ADORABLE!!!

..............and really heartbreaking. I wonder how he would feel about some of the presidents/monarchs that have passed. Namely Marie Antionette and Louis XVI, as France was our ally during the war.

But introducing him to pop culture would be funny. Especially if he hears Biber. Oh dear, his poor ears!!!

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                True, true. Alrighty, let's swap the chemise for a button down and t-shirt and the breaches for trousers.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                I wear Lolita on occasion and have seen stranger things walk into class. The things you see in fashion school. *cringe*
                Last edited by AlbinoMonkeyC; 02 October 2013, 11:31 AM.
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

That would work nicely I think!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I really liked Ichabod's reaction to the news that there were far fewer Native Americans around than there were in his time.
                    Serving with them, I'm surprised he wasn't more ticked off.

When he fully studies American history, his heart is gonna split right in two.

Am I alone in the fact that I didn't find the Sandman necessarily bad?
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, he killed two people and threatened another but he wasn't bad. He forced people to realize their mistakes although his punishment was extreme. If he would have offered a chance of redemption then he would have been a really awesome character
                    Spoiler:
                    then again, i've got a thing for monstrous grey/good characters
                    I think he's going to throw a bit of a fit about several things.

I have to agree about the Sandman. He was a very gray character, punishing the evil of others.

If I'm, not mistaken they have twice mentioned a seven year battle against evil. I get the feeling this season is just a setup for everything else they have in mind. Hopefully, it's already mapped out otherwise this could become a real mess.

That could be a great way to lighten up a very serious episode.

But introducing him to pop culture would be funny. Especially if he hears Biber. Oh dear, his poor ears!!!
                    Or better yet, see his reaction to heavy metal.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I think he could tolerate the heavy metal before Beaver.
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        I think he could tolerate the heavy metal before Beaver.
                        So can everyone with good taste in music. Think Abbie needs to take him by a library first though. He's got history to catch up on.
                        sigpic

Comment

So can everyone with good taste in music. Think Abbie needs to take him by a library first though. He's got history to catch up on.
                          And a lot of it!

Comment

God, people are so nitpicky. "He should be reading thousands of books, and getting new clothes, and finding a job, and be more outraged about Native Americans and take a crash course in music." He just got there, give him a frakking break. Let him just stand around and look pretty for a bit.
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't mean he should read all the books at once. Just a basic overview of history.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                                God, people are so nitpicky. "He should be reading thousands of books, and getting new clothes, and finding a job, and be more outraged about Native Americans and take a crash course in music." He just got there, give him a frakking break. Let him just stand around and look pretty for a bit.
                                I think you're misreading all those comments. Nobody is saying he has to do those things. Just a comment on things that are so very different from his times that he will eventually take notice of. There's no rush on his part to find out about any of these things.

Comment

Working...
                                X