Kali, Part 2 (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
    Good point ( I must have missed your earlier post ). He either has something up his sleeve or it was pretty poor writing. Me thinks he is a wolf in sheeps fish? clothing.
    haha i think he's always been a wolf in fish clothing. to me looking at this episode and the webisodes that wexford was i feel like the character changed, so to me its now a question of has he been planning this all along, or only ever since he became head of a sanctuary? either way, i think we have yet to see what his true end-game is. which is a rather bleak thought haha
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Wexford may be alone in whatever it is he's thinking (planning?) - but that still makes him dangerous. Possibly even more so than if the others supported him.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

i have to say, it took a lot of guts for robin to do that dance! but i felt he acted it perfectly, with a large dose of crazy and a side order of desperate.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i have to say, it took a lot of guts for robin to do that dance! but i felt he acted it perfectly, with a large dose of crazy and a side order of desperate.
          hahaha

Originally posted by shanna1 View Post
          Wexford may be alone in whatever it is he's thinking (planning?) - but that still makes him dangerous. Possibly even more so than if the others supported him.
          i dont know that that is necessarily true. its possible that he could be equally or more dangerious if he had allies. either way he is definately a threat.
          sigpic

Comment

Well...a man without allies would probably be more willing to act out of desperation - which to me generally equals dangerous.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

hmm. good point!
              sigpic

Comment

I found this episode to be rather meh.

After the fabulous Tesla and Druitt episodes, this one was ok but not nearly as powerful or fun.

I'm glad it aired as a two hour episode: the first half was rather slow. The development was needed, and I enjoyed seeing Kate used well, but the pace was just off a bit.

The Good/Ok:

The use of another sancutary/country. It was nice to see somewhere other than New City and the British sanctuary.

Kate. I like her anyway, and frankly, I want her to stay. I agree. I want more information about her mother. I did find it a bit odd for her to receive this level of character development in a season finale, which seems a bit late, but overall, she was used well. I'm not thrilled with her instant developing romance with the other sancuary head, but I can deal with it. I like the idea of her and Henry or her and the Big Guy.

The Meh.

The visions got old. They ran on too long for me. I didn't need to hear "Kali!" seven times to know that Will was desparate to find her.

The ending. We know the show has been renewed, and presumably, the actor will be returning, so the cliff hanger isn't that much of a cliff hanger. Part of what made Ashley's death shocking is that we didn't see it coming and that it wasn't in a predictable spot with regard to ratings. Shall Will be ok? Almost certainly yes. Will and Helen are the two characters who shouldn't be threatened in finales because they have the best chances of automatically returning if the show is on the air. Threaten Henry, Kate, or someone who might not return. Of course I want the show back, but make me concerned that my favorite people might not survive. Will shall be fine, somehow. We know that.

The Bad:

I hated the NID in Stargate, and I'm not thrilled at the sudden inter-sanctuary political infighting that has randomly appeared during Season 2. I can't decide if I'm annoyed at the weird fish guy's attitude or Helen's constant I-trust-my-staff-but-I-won't-tell-anyone-anything,-even-when-the-fate-of-the-world-dependes-on-it attitude. At the end of Season 1, Watson implied that she wasn't using him as a confidant, so Helen is keeping too much to herself. I can see why she let Big Bertha live, but her "I'm mom" thing doesn't work if she has adults capable of making decisions around her. She has 13? sanctuary heads who have a right to know what decisions she makes on behalf of the world, and no one person should have that much power with other people who can respond.

Overall, I give it a 7/10 because I realize that my preference for the previous two episodes clouds my judgement. Otherwise, I would give it a 6. This episode might have been ok mid-season, but it just didn't feel like a season finale.

I liked most of Season 2. I just hope Season 3 finds a bit more balance. After this season, I find myself neutral with regards to Helen and beyond bored with Will. I watch for Tesla, Druitt, Henry, Kate, and the Big Guy. I also hope the show finds a way to give everyone some time without resorting to inner-sanctuary conspiracies. Druitt and Tesla were what drew me to the show, and episodes like the Season 2 finale have been done by so many other shows in the same ways (ok, minus the dance number), that they can't interest me if we get 20 more of them.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I thought Helen founded the Sanctuary and if so why is she taking orders from any of these shrubs. This is suppose to be sci fi can we just pretend that Helen is the top dog? I don't like having Helen answer to someone else. It takes away from her being powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                    I thought Helen founded the Sanctuary and if so why is she taking orders from any of these shrubs. This is suppose to be sci fi can we just pretend that Helen is the top dog? I don't like having Helen answer to someone else. It takes away from her being powerful.
                    Ok i could be wrong on this but i think her father started it back in the day and she just expaned upon his work to form the network. but i agree with you, if she created it why the heck does she have to listen to her underlings like Wexford, let alone how can she get cou'd like that?! I dont think that worked at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I wasn't disappointed with the Bollywood number...I loved it. I dunno but seeing RD dance was kinda cool!
                      Wasn't impressed with Forsythe...boring. Wexford really disappointed me...I much prefer the Wexford from the webisoes. I really hate how the other heads of the Sanctuary network seem to be always going against Helen. I hope it bites them all in the ass next season...especially Wexford's ass!
                      Loved the ELRAD...such a cool doohickey!
                      Kate/Agam was brilliant. I really loved her in this ep...she's certainly nestled into my heart now...she's a great character.
                      I actually had a hard time watching the spider...I knew something was gonna happen so I turned the volume down and watched through the cracks of mu\y fingers...too creepy...cool but creepy! Spiders are not my friend...brilliant effect though.
                      As much as I hate cliffhangers, I'm not overly stressed about having to wait til October-ish to see the conclusiion.
                      I think the worst part about this ep is the Sanctuary heads once again mistrusting Helen. As far as I'm concerned they'd be a lot worse off if it wasn't for her and she more than deserves the benefit of the doubt and a whole lot more faith than what she gets from those who are supposed to support her.
                      Best part...gotta be the dance scene...I was laughing and totally enjoying it! And watching Kate...she really was awesome in this ep.
                      Brilliant finale...hope the conclusion doesn't tiss me off...still not happy about Ashley.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally Posted by Mekarri

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan
                        Ok i could be wrong on this but i think her father started it back in the day and she just expaned upon his work to form the network. but i agree with you, if she created it why the heck does she have to listen to her underlings like Wexford, let alone how can she get cou'd like that?! I dont think that worked at all.

I so agree with you boath

Helen's father did start the Sanctuary but in his abcence she kept it going made it better and i dont like how the people she chose are voting against her it's so wrong and i think Wexford is forgetting if Helen found him helped him gave him the position he has today given what he is if it wasnt for her he'd probably still be hiding in a cave somewhere , i totaly want to see Helen fight this and get control back and i'm pritty sure if John hears about it heads will role lol just like the cabal

I loved seeing Kali when i saw the end i was like that is one hell of a spider dont want get it angrey and the tsunami OMG ! .

I felt Helen keeping big bertha alive was a good thing know matter how strong an abnormal is she show's them they can still have a place in the world it reminded me of X-men
                        (Xsavier kept Gene and she was a class five mutant the strongest ever created but he found away to minimize her ability so she could control it better and have a life be normal )
                        I can see Magnus doing a simmiler thing with Big Bertha an abnormal so powerfull but treated with recpect can live and not harm anyone unless you get it angrey like what Wexford did .

Awsome eps i cant wait to see what happens in season 3
                        Last edited by helenmagnus23; 16 January 2010, 11:19 PM.
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't mention anything about Kate's mother but things were moving fast and they were busy. Still I'm hoping that they mention her on the season 3, maybe Kate can visit her next season.

Comment

This finale was amazing on so many levels. I just finished watching it and must digest it a bit before I can say much. All of it will be praise though. This was the best episode by far and a fitting ending to S2.

Snatches that I can utter...

Kate rocked in this ep. Her role in reassuring Magnus about her decision with Bertha had me cheering out loud. I'm totally loving how Kate has lined herself up with the thinking of the Sanctuary. She truly is one of the team.

Bertha...rocked. Huge. Ginormous. Spider.

Loved the different locations used. Was glad to see Tokyo, England and India as they seem more real and part of the network now.

Loved the science with the seismic activity, land forms, geography, etc... I couldn't get enough of it and was mesmerized throughout for this reason as well.

The myth of the Kali cult was interesting and I'd love to see it explored more in S3.

I'm going to do another re-watch later today as there was so much to take in with this episode. I hope to return with a bit more coherent thought too.

Comment

Is it possible that alot of the bad stuff that happened in the episode was just a premonition? I think people who get the spider are suppose to be able to forsee disasters. Isn't possible that the spider is still in will and will is still asleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                                Sure, she founded it, but I don't think Helen Magnus would see her self above anyone else (even though at many times it is the case ). It's one of the many parts of her character that I like.

Comment

Working...
                                X