No announcement yet.

Kali, Part 2 (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw it, loved it. Damn, the wait is gonna kill me. But still new the Sancctuary villain is Lex Luthor?? The 1st ep of S03 has to be real big otherwise it will ruin this finally for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      Just saw it, loved it. Damn, the wait is gonna kill me. But still new the Sancctuary villain is Lex Luthor?? The 1st ep of S03 has to be real big otherwise it will ruin this finally for me.

I'm willing to bet, especially since they have a 20 ep order for S3, that S3 will probably have at least a two parter to reconcile what happened in this finale.

20 eps gives them the luxury of taking more time to tell/resolve a particular story arc if they choose to.
      sigpic

Comment

there's a lot to take in with this two hour finale. i'm a bit overloaded on where to start.

i loved the atmosphere of the ep(s)!

it felt kind of like a movie.

the weasel sanctuary head (doctor beckett actor) needs to be fired and punched, in whatever order!

i was kind of uncomfortable with the wil dancing segment, but i liked how he saw ppl with him, which made it look neater.

it didn't surprise me that weasel sanct head tried to get helen fired.

if the other sanctuary heads give helen more trouble, she can say, "i'm MOM, do as i say, not as i do!! now shut up and go to your rooms!"

kate better not end up (or have a fling) with the mumbi sanctuary head! she can do better, like wil or henry.

i know more things will come to mind, after i read other's reviews. i really enjoyed this ep , and i can't wait to see how the cliffhanger turns out!!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

OK, so just saw the finale and I had to get that out of my system or I'm gonna explode:

HOLY CRAP!!! WTF?!! And they expect us to wait 9 months? Are they trying to kill us? Slowy and painfully? Or just trying to drive us mad? Psycho? Bonzo?

Totally want to punch "FishFace" (what's his name, Terren-someting) for his attitude towards Helen! This guy has to learn respect...bast***
          Can't stand him (hope he'll die....)

About the *villain*...not so bad! His accent was funny
          But he was interesting and slightly crazy...nicely played too I thought...

Bertha totally gave me the creeps...couldn't look at her (I'm really, really afraid of spiders...)

I like how Helen just followed her instincts and decided not to kill her despite what she told the others

Yeah, so awesome eppy...

get the straight jacket 'cause I'm not gonna be able to wait for 9 months...no way...I'm losing it already

ps: Will "dancing"...wtf it was hilarious
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            I'm willing to bet, especially since they have a 20 ep order for S3, that S3 will probably have at least a two parter to reconcile what happened in this finale.

20 eps gives them the luxury of taking more time to tell/resolve a particular story arc if they choose to.
            20 eps huh? thats exciting! i really hope that there is a two parter for the start of season three, which i think there will be since so much happened in this episode that does need to be resolved that if they tried to do it in one episode it wouldnt work out right.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            there's a lot to take in with this two hour finale. i'm a bit overloaded on where to start.

the weasel sanctuary head (doctor beckett actor) needs to be fired and punched, in whatever order!

i was kind of uncomfortable with the wil dancing segment, but i liked how he saw ppl with him, which made it look neater.

if the other sanctuary heads give helen more trouble, she can say, "i'm MOM, do as i say, not as i do!! now shut up and go to your rooms!"

kate better not end up (or have a fling) with the mumbi sanctuary head! she can do better, like wil or henry.

i know more things will come to mind, after i read other's reviews. i really enjoyed this ep , and i can't wait to see how the cliffhanger turns out!!
            The atmosphere was fantastic and very movie-like.
            The "weasel head of sanctuary" was Wexford just fyi but i think weasel is much more fitting name considering what he did
            I agree that kate should not have a fling with mumbi guy, will or henery would be a much better choice indeed

Tesla_Twin OMG i knowww!! 9 months = longest 9 months of my liife!
            sigpic
            thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I'm not sure about the wave. there are two different kinds of tsunami's, the one in 2004 was from an underground quake and yes, the wave didn't get 'big' until it ran out of water and hit the land

but then you have waves like those created when iceburgs break off, and i don't think ti's invisible 'low amplitude' waves. If they were then boats getting swamped wouldn't be as much of an issue.

what Kali did was more of a surface disturbance and a blast wave

as to the old woman, i've wondered if she's the personification of Kali in some way...or she'll end up being the next host of the makesh
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                I am also getting bored with Helen not being able to trust her own people. If it descends into being a show about the politics of Sanctuary then it will get boring pretty fast, at least for me. Other than that I enjoyed the episodes. I am 100% pro Kate now too. I think she proved her loyalty to Helen (something even the other Sanctuary heads can't seem to manage ) and there was a real warmth to her character in this 2 parter.
                I can't stand the recent emphasis on the Network politics. Sometimes I think the Heads of the other Sanctuaries forget why they do what they do, unfortunately, and it's that kind of thing that leads to people like Wexford doing stupid things.

I agree about Kate; I think she's grown into the person she was intended to become, someone truly loyal to Magnus and the Old City Sanctuary. Which is great - I always liked her (I have a soft spot for secret-heart-of-gold types), so it's nice to see that change.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Sally I love your posts. You always crack me up.
                  oh, and the weasel needs to be punched then fired. Pain first.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I'm not sure about the wave. there are two different kinds of tsunami's, the one in 2004 was from an underground quake and yes, the wave didn't get 'big' until it ran out of water and hit the land

but then you have waves like those created when iceburgs break off, and i don't think ti's invisible 'low amplitude' waves. If they were then boats getting swamped wouldn't be as much of an issue.

what Kali did was more of a surface disturbance and a blast wave

as to the old woman, i've wondered if she's the personification of Kali in some way...or she'll end up being the next host of the makesh
                    I thought the young boy said he had been in training for years to become the next host?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanna1 View Post
                      I can't stand the recent emphasis on the Network politics. Sometimes I think the Heads of the other Sanctuaries forget why they do what they do, unfortunately, and it's that kind of thing that leads to people like Wexford doing stupid things.
                      I also can't stand the emphasis on the Network politics of late and agree with your point about the other heads of houses. however, as i stated earlier, i am not sure that i completely buy the fact all the other heads of houses are with Wexford in his cou' of Helen especially since earlier she seemed to be pretty chill with the other heads of houses we met, particularly declan, ravi, and the woman from egypt.
                      sigpic
                      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

No, I think Wexford is the only one.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

Originally posted by tze View Post
                          I got the impression that Wexford started showing his true colors only after he was promoted to Head of House. And since he hadn't technically broken any rules, she had no excuse to get rid of him.

I'm curious whether this type of 'coup' has happened before? My gut tells me no, for one major reason: James Watson. Prior to last year, Magnus had a Head of House in London who was completely loyal to her, had just about as much prestige as her, and was most likely the understood second-in-command of the Network. Anyone who wanted to overthrow Magnus would also have had to overthrow Watson, and it's rather difficult to win a game of strategy against Sherlock Holmes.

Now, Watson is gone and Magnus no longer has her safety net. The other Heads of House smell blood in the water and, with a number of new Heads of House being appointed after the Cabal attacks (Declan in London, the new guy in Tokyo, etc.), the traditional balance of power is screwed up to the point that any weakness on Magnus's part was seen as an invitation for an overthrow.
                          That makes a lot of sense, Helen probably used to be able to rely on Watson to handle the issues of the other heads and now she doesn't have that support. Add to that her dealing with losing Ashley and potentially Druitt and Tesla, and she's probably been distracted and hasn't been able to keep control of the network as well as before.

Overall I've enjoyed the bits of Sanctuary politics stuff from this season in Veritas and Kali, but like the Cabal from S1 I hope it's something they deal with in early S3 and not stretch out for the rest of that season.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i think wexford is using his knowledge to try something. he's looking for something, he's trying to prove a theory...something.
                          and he's using his power to prove it. like you said, he's broadly interpreting his orders to take as much power as possible.

I don't think the other heads of house know what he's doing
                          Yeah, I doubt Declan and Ravi would vote against Helen, and the Cairo head didn't seem to like Wexford, so it seems more like Wexford is staging this coup on his own. And since the webisode Wexford was a collector of ancient texts, maybe he's the one who gave Forsythe his info and then made sure to distract and slow down Helen from stopping Big Bertha.

Originally posted by echidnadon View Post
                          i don't think it's out of the question for will to have to dance to get kali's attention. in many religions, dances are offered as prayers, and perhaps that's what his dance was. many deities (including kali) are depicted dancing. the various poses of the hands, mudras, are important and according to wikipedia stimulate the same regions of the brain as language. so in theory hand gestures could be used for communication. i don't know about the physiological effects of the placement of the feet, but as a long-ago student of bharata natyam, i can attest to the great emphasis that is placed on correct positioning and movement (of the whole body, not just feet and hands). yes, the presentation in this ep was informal bollywood style, but that in itself is a reference to the ancient traditions that came before it.
                          This is why I rather enjoyed the dancing stuff, though I understand that it's not everyone's cup of chai. Most Indian dances are done to show respect or devotion to a god or goddess, so Will dancing to get Kali's attention makes sense to me in that respect. It's a bit more on the magical side of things, but still fits with the pseudo-science we've seen in the Sanctuary universe for me.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                          Edit: I was just disappointed that they didn't even mention Kate's mother.
                          Spoiler:
                          But I keep hopes that she's actually Bibi.
                          Yeah, I was hoping for a small mention as well, though the episode was busy enough and I really enjoyed Kate's interactions with Ravi. 'You thought I was just the token Indian.' Hee.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LunaSolTierra View Post
                            I One of my favorite scenes was when Helen seem overwhelm and Kate gave her a pep talk, that scene said a lot about Kate. She has change a lot, from a con artist who only care about herself to a responsible woman ready to do her part and step up to the plate when needed. Overall I like the story and the plot twist and I look forward to the next season.
                            i liked that part too, and kate. i really 'like' her.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                              I also can't stand the emphasis on the Network politics of late and agree with your point about the other heads of houses. however, as i stated earlier, i am not sure that i completely buy the fact all the other heads of houses are with Wexford in his cou' of Helen especially since earlier she seemed to be pretty chill with the other heads of houses we met, particularly declan, ravi, and the woman from egypt.
                              Originally posted by shanna1 View Post
                              No, I think Wexford is the only one.
                              Good point ( I must have missed your earlier post ). He either has something up his sleeve or it was pretty poor writing. Me thinks he is a wolf in sheeps fish? clothing.
                              sigpic

Comment

gotta say awesome ep really really liked it i hated Wexford but i think that was kinda the idea i can't wait for the next season Will's dancing was awesome and i am sure that he enjoyed it if you have watched the behind the scenes and seen he personality
                                Last edited by Jeffer; 16 January 2010, 04:10 PM.
                                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X