No announcement yet.

Kali, Part 2 (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! boath eps were so cool i love it when they make it movie length i'm goona watch it again
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Kali I and II podcast is up: http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php

Comment

Wow! One of the weakest episodes this season
        1. Will's dance - lame
        2. Helen should have been demoted sooner in the episode by the other Sanctuary directors for the Big Bertha situation - for keeping her alive and for not having sufficient security to prevent her escape.
        3. How come Helen didn't strap Will to the bed or provide security to prevent a supposedly delirious patient from wandering around and eventually fleeing the Mumbai sanctuary???
        4. Kate is still annoying as hell
        5. Some of the CGI looked bad (the underwater scenes especially)

I loved
        1. Forsythe
        2. The Head of Mumbai Sanctuary
        3. Paul/Wexford
        4. The actress that played Kali

Comment

Dancing?

Is this what the phrase "jump the shark" means? Please tell me I did not just watch Sanctuary: The Musical.

Comment

Wow - really loved this two-parter! My random thoughts:

--I'm not surprised there was a cliffhanger, but I wasn't expecting THAT big of a cliffhanger!
            --The dancing didn't bother me. If I was going to change anything about the episode, I would have gotten rid of the bath scene. Unnecessary.
            --I love that Kali was Big Bertha! I just love that they put that together.
            --Looking forward to finding out what the villain was really after.
            --At first I was *so* excited to see Wexford (Paul McGillion). As someone else mentioned, I really liked him in the webisode (much more charismatic) as opposed to the jerk that he plays now. So conniving! I'll be interested to find out how things play out and if we ever seen him again.
            --On a similar note, I hope we're done with the Sanctuary network power struggles for a LONG time.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

it was good episode to bad they dont have more then 13 ep per season
              now we must wait for summer or worst fall to see the new ep

the dancing was funny and part of the india culture (what didnt make it funny) the fun part of it was Will
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Hi folks,

I know I don't post on here often, just too much too do and too many threads to keep up with...LOL But I wanted to share my thoughts on this episode. Does the fact that I was up to till 5am this morning tell you ANYTHING about how much I liked it???? LOL

Why I'm going to say the overall episode was great and why isn't it Fall of this year yet, I do want to get my one biggest gripe out of the way and maybe someone can explain it to me as I normally don't get into political stories much, at least the behind the scenes stuff and for us Stargate fans I do have to say that Wexford reminded me of what the IOA do in Stargate. There to be a constant pain in the a**, but they wouldn't know how to make a good decision if it bit their head off.

My complaint however or rather my question since I don't understand is why I understand someone within the Sanctuary would likely probably take over for or try to take over for Magnus (I think Helen probably figured on that and has a plan in place we'll see in Season 3, think of Veritas people she's long thinking), but it was pointed out that Wexford was the 'newest' head of house/leader within the network so why on all that is holy would the other heads of house vote the rookie to take it over? My choice since they already did it to a degree would have been probably Declan, he clearly understands the landscape and he's been involed in running a house far longer than Wexford has? It just confused me, what do you all think? What did I miss so it would make sense.

I have to say that I wasn't at all sure I'd love Will's dancing but the truth is that I it turned out really well and I think it has a very vital purpose to the episode. He had to use the dance to get Kali/Bertha's attention away from her 'chosen' herald since he had the Makri inside him (Blue's character) and in a hallucination it normally would take something silly and out there, at least in my opinion.

The Ravi character was one I really liked, I hope we get to see more of him in season three. It's clear he's young but he's impressed with Magnus and willing to learn from her yet he also is quick to share his opinion.

Did anyone else think of the movie Tremors when you saw the sand ray in the desert with wings?? LOL, I laughed till I cried (Mental note I gotta go back and watch that movie)

I loved Helen in this episode but then again I love her in most, so that's not news. LOL She's just developing the character so well and she's so measured but I kept just wanting her to deck Wexford, just once...come on one good belly punch or maybe throw him over the side, let me out swim the tidal wave...the idiot. *grumbles*

Overall a FANTASTIC episode that I thoroughly enjoyed and will watch over and over and over again...is it fall yet?

Melissa
                Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                Melissa

Comment

I thought it was a good end to the season although, I too am not fond of cliff hangers even though I understand why they do them.

I think Forsythe sees himself as a kind of "God". To me he didn't want to rule the world or anything because he kept mentioning "The end of days". To me, he wants to wipe out everyone or mostly everyone. Why, that I am not totally sure, maybe because of all the war and violence going on these days, who knows.

With the ending of the show I don't see Helen as having to worry too much about her position because it was pretty obvious that what she was doing with Big Bertha was the way to go after all and not Terrance's but I guess we'll see about that too. I wonder if he really gained control over the *whole* network too otherwise why would he block all communication? Somethings not kosher there I don't think.

The dancing, I am not familiar with "Bollywood". I felt a bit uncomfortable for him through it and all I could think was that the producers and writers had been watching How I Met Your Mother who also did a big dance scene recently, this week in fact I think. I liked the vision scenes of it.

I too thought the bath scene was rather gratuitous but didn't see the water as digital. Guess I'll have to go back and check that out.

I am liking Kate more than I did when she first was brought on. I think she was heading up the search for Will instead of Ravi because he is her friend and co-worker so she felt more obligated to find him.

Looking forward to season 3. Anyone know how long we have to wait?
                  Shelly
                  My Photos
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmm.... interesting episode(s). I liked the world wide feeling to it. Lots of travel, lots of info, and the effects were pretty good.

Also liked the politics behind the Sanctuary. I think the heads of houses (especially Wexford) will have some groveling to do before Helen, for doubting her judgment and generally f****** up. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Helen flying and not crashing is always a good thing.

Forsythe was an interesting character, can't wait to see what happens to him in S3.

What I had problem with was the whole Will dances to call for Kali thing. It just didn't make any kind of logical sense, and it was too much fairy tail for my taste. Lets all clap out hands to save Tinkerbell... The choreography was nice tho'.

The season is over and I have to say that AT, MW and DK pretty much delivered on most of the promises they made before the beginning of the season, except for one thing. Still can't get into Kate. She doesn't bug me as much as she did in the first episodes, but I still can't say I'm fan to the character, or even care about her in any way. She's just there... and if she isn't... I still wouldn't care.

All in all, bring on S3. Can't wait to see how they'll get out of this one.
                    sigpic

Comment

All in all, I liked the big bertha/kali connection. It fits within the show. How many of earth's old myths and legends are really abnormals? and how many 'monster' were really sentient life forms?

I can even deal with the will connection. Someone has to have it. I love Ravi and the mumbai sanctuary. Along with the woman at the cairo one as well. it showed the true global nature of the whole thing.

I even had no issue with helen not killing bertha. She was right, and i'm sure she'll cite some 'look, we killed so and so and then their absence led to this critter looking for them and there was that tornado because of it' or something like that.

the power struggles....you know, Helen is THE boss, how come she doesn't get rid of the trouble makers? she does extensive background checks on folks and doesn't see instabilities? She seems to have made some very bad decisions in regards to people, and they still exist after Veratis.

I had no problem with the dude searching for the makree. It's power and it's 'normal' for humans to go lusting for power.

I think, wexford should be shot
                      dude is obviously working an angle....personally? given wexford's prior fascination with ancient texts, i think he's the organizer of the whole coup, and there is no real 'firing' of magnus. Ravi is a head of household and he made no mention, he acts like he knows nothing about a committee meeting. I think wexford is trying to prove some point and he's behind it all.

The biggest issue i had of the whole thing is...a) will the whumping boy. how many times have the bad guys used him as the damsel in distress? b( the dancing.

and before anyone plays the 'you're a narrow minded person'....no, it ain't about culture. It's a quirk of mine, i HATE it when i see characters on shows making asses of themselves. I hate 'possessed by entities' episode. (i watched Entity tucked behind my laptop screen and don't rewatch it because i find it painful to watch sam act that way, same with the lucius episodes and other 'alien makes me act stupid' episodes)

I thought the dancing was stupid. fun maybe, but not something I personally enjoyed.

And i too thought the bathtub scene was just gratuitous, a scene to get some titillation in there, ooh look, boobies. wasn't cringe worthy, just smacked of 'network suggestions to make it more 'interesting''

I liked it, i enjoyed it, i think it was a great cliffie and it set up a lot of things that could play out for s3

helen dealing with the attitude of 'let's kill the monsters' that some employees seem to have, having to deal with wexford - presuming he survives. looking over her own rules and how she handles things with the abbys.

it'll be interesting
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say that McGillion played his character very well, so well that I can't watch Beckett with a smile on my face any more on SGA..

Comment

the power struggles....you know, Helen is THE boss, how come she doesn't get rid of the trouble makers?
                          I got the impression that Wexford started showing his true colors only after he was promoted to Head of House. And since he hadn't technically broken any rules, she had no excuse to get rid of him.

I'm curious whether this type of 'coup' has happened before? My gut tells me no, for one major reason: James Watson. Prior to last year, Magnus had a Head of House in London who was completely loyal to her, had just about as much prestige as her, and was most likely the understood second-in-command of the Network. Anyone who wanted to overthrow Magnus would also have had to overthrow Watson, and it's rather difficult to win a game of strategy against Sherlock Holmes.

Now, Watson is gone and Magnus no longer has her safety net. The other Heads of House smell blood in the water and, with a number of new Heads of House being appointed after the Cabal attacks (Declan in London, the new guy in Tokyo, etc.), the traditional balance of power is screwed up to the point that any weakness on Magnus's part was seen as an invitation for an overthrow.

As to why Wexford would take over for Magnus over more experienced Heads of House...I'm stumped. Actually, I'm wondering if he only had the mandate to arrest her, and just assumed that meant he was in charge? He's power-hungry, I think he'd interpret any order that gave him a shred of power as broadly as possible. Declan stepped in to protect Magnus and her staff before---can't imagine why he wouldn't do so again here. (In fact, the Declan scenario made sense in Veritas because a) the London House was traditionally very autonomous and powerful, b) the other Heads of House were still reeling from the Cabal attacks and likely welcomed the stability of the 'traditional' chain of command taking over (i.e., London House taking over in Magnus's absence/incapacitation), and c) Watson might have left Declan standing orders re: what to do in case Magnus was ever incapacitated. Here, unless Wexford has some greater and more Machiavellian plan, I'm not seeing how he would consider this in any way a good plan.)

Druitt and Tesla combined forces to rip apart the Cabal---a millenia-old secret society with untold resources---in what? A year? Less? I don't think the other Heads really know about the Five (except possibly Declan---it was a secret even from Ashley), cause otherwise they'll have to know that their actions will bring down the wrath of some very scary people.

Comment

i think wexford is using his knowledge to try something. he's looking for something, he's trying to prove a theory...something.
                            and he's using his power to prove it. like you said, he's broadly interpreting his orders to take as much power as possible.

I don't think the other heads of house know what he's doing
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

... is the pterodactyl on the loose in london a little nod to torchwwod's myfanwy - after all she must have escaped the hub when it blew up!!

btw, i'm really, really warming to kate now!
                              Last edited by mercy moon; 16 January 2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

First time I've had to get up and walk out of the room because of something lame on this series. Some of the stuff can get a trifle camp but ... bustin' out in a Bollywood dream sequence ... oh brother ...

Happy to see Paul, though, even if the character he's playing is a turd...

Comment

Working...
                                X