No announcement yet.

Kali, Part 2 (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine the others heads of houses are pissed that they've been lied to and manipulated…again. Helen is the queen who won't die. Literally.

The whole Sanctuary Network is a cult of power and in Helen's case, personality, with little oversight, few rules, and almost no recourse for the run-of-the-mill abnormal. Think of how many are imprisoned for life both within the "shoe" and outside in "gen pop".

Magnus holds an unacceptable level of life and death control over these matters. She originally "euthanized" Big Bertha, all in accordance with the Sanctuary status quo. And her decisions, at least until now, always seem to be final. There is no living constitution in Sanctuary world.

Yes, Wexford is an ass — but I'm sure the other heads are happy for him to draw attention to himself while undermining the rule of Queen Helen.

Comment

Wexford is dangerous. Even if he's only after power - which is enough to make me hate the character right off - the fact that he is willing to endanger millions of lives to get it...well, he's a serious threat to the integrity of the Network.

Also: the compulsive 'shipper in me spent an hour and a half going "Kate/Will, ahaha!" Which, um - I'll write as much Kate/Will fic as I get ideas for, but I don't think it should ever happen on the show.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

i don't think it's out of the question for will to have to dance to get kali's attention. in many religions, dances are offered as prayers, and perhaps that's what his dance was. many deities (including kali) are depicted dancing. the various poses of the hands, mudras, are important and according to wikipedia stimulate the same regions of the brain as language. so in theory hand gestures could be used for communication. i don't know about the physiological effects of the placement of the feet, but as a long-ago student of bharata natyam, i can attest to the great emphasis that is placed on correct positioning and movement (of the whole body, not just feet and hands). yes, the presentation in this ep was informal bollywood style, but that in itself is a reference to the ancient traditions that came before it.

i really enjoyed this two-parter and look forward to season 3. i'm not a fan of cliffhangers, though. if i like a show, i don't need to be manipulated into coming back. (the sarah jane adventures is exemplary in having closure but always drawing me back.)

Comment

So a few things/thoughts i have about Kali:

1) as much as i love Paul McGillion and thought he did a splendid job portraying Wexford, i hate wexford! I cant believe anybody who works for Helen would so readily endanger millions of lives. Clearly he is just a powerhungry jerk who should get fired.

2) Will's dance = hysterical. I know it probably wasnt meant to be funny, and was well choreographed but im sorry, i died of laughter.

3) I'm not really sure i buy the idea that Helen, who basically created the Sanctuary network would get booted from it. that just doesnt make total sense to me. Especially not the fact that wexford said the other heads of houses were united in this decision when she seemed to have support from that woman in egypt, declan and ravi (spelling?) I just dont see every head of house turning on her and saying "well you may have saved millions of lives through your actions, and created the network, but we still want to kick you because wexford thinks its a good idea!" yeah idk that im buying that.

and thats my spiel.
          sigpic
          thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I would love Wexford to be a recurring antagonist in season 3, I really think he could become a great bad guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
              Hey, I'm all for open-mindedness. Actually I thought the backup dancing was really beautiful in an exotic way. I laughed through the whole thing cos Will looked like an escaped crazy from an asylum what with the wild eyes and sweat-soaked pyjamas.

No offense meant to anyone.
              I just listened to the podcast and during the dance sequence, producer Martin Wood talked about how it is a well-known dance in India, the Rapati Songu (anyone know the correct spelling?).

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I would love Wexford to be a recurring antagonist in season 3, I really think he could become a great bad guy!
                I agree. i think his character is truly intriguing especially since at this moment we dont really know what his motives or what his goals.
                sigpic
                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I just watched it and it was so breathtaking, I'm completely shocked!!
                  Since the beginning I felt that this Terrence guy was weird and the way he behaved with Magnus showed that he had clearly no respect for her. I so hope he won't be in charge of the Sanctuary network in season 3, that would be unfair. I soo wanted to kill him all along lol.

I didn't know Will could be such a great dancer XD couldn't stop laughing even if I always have a hard time watching characters making fun of themselves (I know it's strange, and bothering also ><).

I really can't wait to see season 3, it seems so far away it's a torture lol.

Too bad Tesla and Druitt were not here, I hope we're going to see them more often ^^
                  sigpic

Comment

Quick thing about the very end...that growing tsunami? Yeah, I don't think they did much research. IIRC from my oceanography class, such waves have a small amplitude and a long wavelength - basically unnoticeable until they get close to shore, when the water is pulled back from the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by shanna1 View Post
                      Quick thing about the very end...that growing tsunami? Yeah, I don't think they did much research. IIRC from my oceanography class, such waves have a small amplitude and a long wavelength - basically unnoticeable until they get close to shore, when the water is pulled back from the beach.
                      Yeah you're right about the start of the tsunami, that's what immediately popped into my head when we saw it created. However I don't think that it was because of lack of research rather that a real tsunami wave at sea is visually boring.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Yeah you're right about the start of the tsunami, that's what immediately popped into my head when we saw it created. However I don't think that it was because of lack of research rather that a real tsunami wave at sea is visually boring.
                        True...but these are the things I obsess about. It wouldn't have been hard to guess what was happening, knowing what we know about Bertha's ability, and "visually boring" is preferable (to me at least) to "This is wrong, wrong, wrong!" (which is what I yelled when I saw the wave forming).

Comment

I enjoyed the episode.

When the flying creature first appeared, it was tiny, and I thought it could be a dragon ... that would have been awesome

The Sanctuary head in Japan had very wierd eyes. What was that about? Does he also have some kind of powers?

Wexford and Forsyth. I can't think of why Forsyth is bothering to do all the things he's done here. I also can't think of why Wexford pops up as the newest head of a Sanctuary, and then tries to take over the entire network. So tying the two together in my conspiracy, I'm going out on a limb and say that I think they might be working together.

When Will was insanely rushing around trying to find Kali, I kept asking "Where is that kid who said he was being trained to be a herald? " It seems he might have been able to help but he just disappeared.

Did anybody else like the grandma that was bugging Forsyth throughout the shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Me too...I hate cliffhangers with a passion. Can we have just one season where it doesn't end with a cliffhanger?? I guess on the flip side, it will entice you to want to come back and watch the next season...but I still hate cliffhangers. Haven't' seen the ep yet but am looking forward to it...except I am getting a bit bored with Helen being challenged by her own people...this whole overthrow of power...the take over of Helen's duties is getting old and silly. I mean really, who can this woman trust? There needs to be a big shake up with who's running these Sanctuaries and time to weed out the deceivers and keep the loyal ones closer.
                            As for Wexford...I loved him in the webisodes...pity we didn't get him back. I suspect I am going to enjoy the Bollywood number though. Not sure that I like the idea of a tsunami hitting India considering what's happened in real life there...kinda got mixed feelings about that.
                            What you have posted is exactly what I wanted to post last night but was too tired to do. I am also getting bored with Helen not being able to trust her own people. If it descends into being a show about the politics of Sanctuary then it will get boring pretty fast, at least for me. Other than that I enjoyed the episodes. I am 100% pro Kate now too. I think she proved her loyalty to Helen (something even the other Sanctuary heads can't seem to manage ) and there was a real warmth to her character in this 2 parter.

Edit: Went back and read all posts. I guess I am in the minority on the dance thing because I didn't find it embarrassing for the character nor did I find it funny. I thought, considering what the boy said to Helen, that the dance made sense and it was well done.
                            Last edited by wine_buyer; 16 January 2010, 03:19 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

so far; season finale was the best from all Sanctuary episodes.
                              Favorite Characters:
                              Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                              Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                              SG1: Jack O'Neill
                              SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                              Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Just a quick message to say wow, I loved this episode(s). I surprisingly even enjoyed the dance. I get the feeling that the big flood Forsythe keeps talking about is just a consequence of his goal, not his goal itself, and that what he truly wants is
                                Spoiler:
                                restore the Pangea,
                                hence his need for Big Bertha. That, plus he sees himself the hand of God or something.

Edit: I was just disappointed that they didn't even mention Kate's mother.
                                Spoiler:
                                But I keep hopes that she's actually Bibi.
                                Last edited by Laura Dove; 16 January 2010, 03:22 PM.
                                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X