Haunted (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    remember in the beginning? when he's teleporting to the ship? there's the woman missing and helen says something about her being in the infirmary. john says something about 'teleporting without a specific destination in mind isn't a good thing' (i'd have to rewatch it to get exactly what he says)

however, my impression is, he needs to KNOW where he's going, so he can end up there. and if he doesn't know, he could end up materializing in solid rock, or under water or outside a sky scraper....etc.

since he had no destination, and if the creature didn't have a destination in mind, there was the chance that they'd materialize badly...or maybe he hoped to lose the creature that way.

I think he felt, if he teleported with a specific destination and place in mind, he'd make it easy for the creature to continue to use him and easy for him to survive. but, while he was willing to take the creature out of the sanctuary to save others, he didn't want to willingly harbor it any longer. so if he or it died... no biggie.

because, had he taken care when teleporting, he'd have been helping the creature, and he didn't want to do that anymore
    I get what your trying to say and your theory makes sense. If he had a destination in mind, then your saying the creature would continue to force it's control over his mind and body. At the end of Haunted, your saying he didn't care if he lived or died? Hmm, maybe that is what he meant by his parting, 'I love you. For all eternity...' assurance to Helen in case he wasn't able to ever return.

Does John know every place in the entire world? I mean, can he know the make of the land and any changes (whether climatic, seismic, man-made, etc...) that might have occurred? Even if he was there before? I think John runs the risk every time he teleports of potentially materializing someplace that could be physically dangerous.

Perhaps he needs only a loose idea of where to teleport (Serengeti Plain, NY downtown alleyway, Himalayas, etc...). Somewhere so physically broad and unspecific, but close enough to where he needs to be.

Comment

^well, "for all eternity" was what he said back when they were first getting engaged. so he still feels that way (when the entity isn't in charge ). I loved how he blurted out "I love you" in the middle of the whole thing.

I think it's left pretty open as to what happened to Druitt. I took the "no destination in mind" to mean that he knew there was a good chance of getting killed. On the other hand, would the entity die with him? he may have to keep it to keep in under some control. Lots of possibilities for the future.

It was a little hackneyed to have people locked in an elevator, etc. But I thought they did it pretty well. One of the best moments, imho, was when Magnus realizes she's just been locked in with EvilDruitt. Great look on AT's face--not overblown fear, but definitely an "oh crap" moment.

Comment

i would think, if john were shown a photo of the top of the empire state building and though 'ok, i'm going here' then he teleports there.

i would imagine that there's some risk,but i would also imagine that teh old rule of entrophy (two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time) would come into play and the force of him popping in would push aside any minor obstructions.

however, if john thought 'pop on over to china'....well where in china will he show up?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          however, if john thought 'pop on over to china'....well where in china will he show up?
          In the middle of it?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

1. Didn't really want Druitt to go back to being completely evil but the way it played out worked.

2. "Let's get together...hit the coast..." *groans*

3. Was surprised none of the empaths could speak a word of English.

4. Druitt's history best I can tell!

Allright but not the best.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
              Thou I really like this ep I want one where's just Helen/John.
              They didnt have enough scenes together. And it needed a kiss lol

I love the way you are thinking. Maybe on the Deleted Scenes (if we get any on the DVD's) there will be a kiss they cut from the airing eppy. their goodbye seemed.... not enough.
              sigpic

Comment

Overall a great episode, one of the best of season 2. Kate and Bigfoot were very funny. the scenes with Druitt and Helen were very intense. I like that despite being at a disadvantage they manage to work together, though I feel bad for Druitt. Finding that Druitt has been hijacked for more than a century and not have a clue about was a great twist to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                  I love the way you are thinking. Maybe on the Deleted Scenes (if we get any on the DVD's) there will be a kiss they cut from the airing eppy. their goodbye seemed.... not enough.
                  I think that may have been the point. They have this great love, but he's evil, or is he? & then they're in a crisis--no time...if only...
                  much more affecting without a kiss, imho

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Why will Helen snap?

She'll outlive them all eventually... at least she would have Ashley, and Clara. And Will, Henry, Kate... and all the other normals and abnormals with a lifespan comparable to normals.

It's not who dies - it's how they go, I imagine that might have her snap along the line.
                    I'd think she wouldn;t outlive Ashley.. Obviously Ashley's "powers" were hidden in here Genes, but she is the daughters of two abnormals, both whom have longevity, so one would assume that she has it as well.. IMO.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    I think that may have been the point. They have this great love, but he's evil, or is he? & then they're in a crisis--no time...if only...
                    much more affecting without a kiss, imho
                    ITA. more tension wihtout a Kiss. if he had grabbed her and did it "suprisingly" the tension would have lasted but i think as soon as 2 characters Kiss the tension flies out the window so to speak and they become boring.
                    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

I listened to the podcast. I have to say that again I agree with Damien (and in this one CH) versus MW
                      Spoiler:
                      in their sort of argument about Druitt's motivation for taking back the energy being. Sometimes I wonder what planet Martin's on.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        I listened to the podcast. I have to say that again I agree with Damien (and in this one CH) versus MW
                        Spoiler:
                        in their sort of argument about Druitt's motivation for taking back the energy being. Sometimes I wonder what planet Martin's on.
                        I'm curious, what was said...?

Comment

After listening to the podcast I realise MW is not a romantic lol
                          I loved how DK and CH were totally "agaisnt" him lol

Comment

...still curious...

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              After listening to the podcast I realise MW is not a romantic lol
                              I loved how DK and CH were totally "agaisnt" him lol

I love that too and the POD cast was awesome and funny!!

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                              ...still curious...

http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/includ...commentary.mp3

here is the POD cast for you so you don't have to go searching. It is very very good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                                ...still curious...
                                From what I can remember (and anyone feel free to correct me, I heard this podcast while driving on icy roads )
                                Spoiler:

DK and CH were saying that they believe Druitt chose to take the entity back because he loves Helen, so he chose to sacrifice his new-found sanity in order to save her. MW believes that Druitt did it because he loves the killing the entity drove him to, that he couldn't wait to get back to that.

Personally, I'm with DK and CH.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X