X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good tribute to Magnus's outift.

http://fangirlonamission.blogspot.co...uss-style.html

Comment

Thank goodness for Comcast On Demand! I was thinking I wouldn't see this for a few days time as I was working when it aired and I havent found my alternative way of watching as of yet. So far, every ep has been complimentary on On Demand which rocks.

This is definitely ranked as one of my favorites! I loved the suspense and danger of the unknown factor the energy creature brought and the desperation everyone felt as a response. 'Edge of your seat' story lines, no matter the show (or book for that matter) have always held my interest.

The different pairings and their isolation from each other was well crafted too. They played well off each other and the creatures attempt to keep them separate and defenseless was enthralling. Both in how it was done and how they kept thwarting its efforts left and right. Even if I wasn't a huge fan already of the show and characters, Haunted was so well written, you couldn't help rooting for those trapped and potentially fearing for their lives. Survival is such a basic need and the common denominator which TPTB used skillfully to draw the viewer in.

I loved the Kate/Biggie interactions the best I think. Kate's constant chatter as opposed to Biggies restrained impatience kept me laughing throughout. Heh, Biggie mates every five years too, huh? Now there's a plot bunny for you.

Loved Will's near death scramble in the heating ducts and John's neckbreaker move on Helen and kick to the abdomen had me cringing in it's realism. Definite kudos for that scene.

Though I've never shipped John and Helen, I couldnt help but feeling sorry for them at the end. For two people to obviously care so much for each other, to share such wonderful memories, but be unable to act on their feelings due to circumstances beyond their control had me wishing thinks could be different for them. I do hope to see more of John again. His sacrifice for everyone totally rocked. The ending of Sleepers and Helen's comment concerning John, suddenly makes more sense now considering how they were aired out of order.

Lastly, geeks FTW! Couldn't help cheering Henry on being a gadget guru myself. I do love the way his mind works!

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        If not a cure than maybe longevity?
        Perhaps, but he survived until the present without her blood, I'm assuming, so would he really need that for longevity?

You have to wonder if the parasite/entity was not only attracted by Johns teleporting but maybe something within John himself? Or the teleporting could have attracted it but something deep within him could have caused it to become attached (if that makes sense)? It could be the entity needed a certain type of person and John, though seeming gentle, could have had a deeper darker personality that he kept hiddedn even from himself?
        MW, DK, and CH have an interesting discussion about that on the podcast
        Spoiler:

What I think they all kinda settle on is that while John is a good, though rather arrogant, guy, when the entity first went into him it brought out or emphasized the darker/negative parts of his personality, which turned him into the Ripper. Without the entity he still has that darkness, but he can now more easily control it and not act on its impulses. So he's not completely innocent and evil just because of the entity's influence, but he's not completely evil without the entity either.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          I loved the Kate/Biggie interactions the best I think. Kate's constant chatter as opposed to Biggies restrained impatience kept me laughing throughout. Heh, Biggie mates every five years too, huh? Now there's a plot bunny for you.
          LOL, at the end I started laughing because I couldn't tell if Bigfoot said "Nice" because they had gotten out of the elavator, or because he was holding a pretty girl in his arms.

In my opinion, the latter is more plausible, since the former still has them hanging in over a deep abyss.

How did they get out anyway?
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            LOL, at the end I started laughing because I couldn't tell if Bigfoot said "Nice" because they had gotten out of the elavator, or because he was holding a pretty girl in his arms.

In my opinion, the latter is more plausible, since the former still has them hanging in over a deep abyss.

How did they get out anyway?
            Exactly! I loved that part when they were dangling. I suppose their escape from the elevator shaft will always be one of those things we'll speculate on. It's the same with the ending of 'Next Tuesday' and how we all wondered as well on that matter.

Comment

i think kate and biggie climbed out the top and hung on the rafter to escape teh soon to plummet elevator

course, i'm thinking 'how come the shaft doesn't have a ladder? don't all elevator shafts have ladders?

and, i have the most horrible thought of Biggie Pon Farr
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sandra-carter
                hey there .. well I don`t see the episode, yet, because someone decide not post on the web, I am really boring because I, as everyone, wait two weeks for the episode and now they don`t realese that for the web, I try lokking in all the places possibles but no chance... please someone ,can do that please.. I am dying for the episode...
                Just a reminder, the ONLY non-broadcast means of viewing that are permissible to talk about here is places like Unbox, Hulu, scifi rewind or other LEGAL sources.

If you're watching the show via illegal downloads.....we kinda have a 'don't ask, don't tell' philosophy. Don't admit to it, don't brag about it, for pete's sake do not post or ask for links.

doing that can get you modded.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think kate and biggie climbed out the top and hung on the rafter to escape teh soon to plummet elevator

course, i'm thinking 'how come the shaft doesn't have a ladder? don't all elevator shafts have ladders?

and, i have the most horrible thought of Biggie Pon Farr
                  Would be quite interesting though to see if he would go in the same sort of 'fever' as the Vulcans did. Poor Magnus. I can see her taking extra pains every five years, sighing heavily as the inevitable approached.

Comment

Had to catch this episode on it's second showing last night. (Thank the gods for DVR.) The cable operator here in the SF Bay Area was broadcasting SyFy with no sound. Gave them a call to let them know and had the following conversation:

Me: I wanted to report that one of the stations isn't broadcasting sound.
                    Tech: SyFy, right? And yes, we know there's a new episode on. I swear we're trying to fix it as fast as we can.

*snort* Apparently I'm not the only Sanctuary fan in the area.

Comment

So...I'm doing my "type stuff up while I watch/read the thread later"...

...and I'm thinking, "Wait...does this mean that Druitt was possessed by some sort of dark abnormal that compelled him to kill? And the 'electroshock therapy'...so to speak...from Tesla hurt or damaged it, and that was why he was free for a while?" Eeee!

Ooh, well, he certainly thinks so....and it would make so much *sense*.

[Man, I really hope he's not going to die. Or take it back to save them all. I have a baaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this...]

Curses. I knew it...

Comment

squeeeeee! what a wonderful episode! john/helen (and indeed everyone else) were just brilliant together ... i so wanted them to kiss at the end, john's words were heart breaking ... he loves her so much - and i think she feels the same! their intense - sometimes violent, sometimes tender - relationship is still evolving .... please don't let this be the end of druitt.

the podcast is as funny as the actual episode is sad ... CH has a great sense of humour and possibly the worlds most sexy voice! it's well worth taking the time to listen to it!

Comment

Originally posted by chaosmastersf View Post
                          Had to catch this episode on it's second showing last night. (Thank the gods for DVR.) The cable operator here in the SF Bay Area was broadcasting SyFy with no sound. Gave them a call to let them know and had the following conversation:

Me: I wanted to report that one of the stations isn't broadcasting sound.
                          Tech: SyFy, right? And yes, we know there's a new episode on. I swear we're trying to fix it as fast as we can.

*snort* Apparently I'm not the only Sanctuary fan in the area.
                          Sorry, this just totally made me chuckle. I wonder how many calls they received that night for those frantic to watch the new ep? Glad you were able to watch it later too.

I don't have a DVR, but as I said before, I have On Demand and they have all the Sanctuary eps complimentary for viewing which works for me in that I'm usually working Friday nights. I quite understand your relief.

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                          So...I'm doing my "type stuff up while I watch/read the thread later"...

...and I'm thinking, "Wait...does this mean that Druitt was possessed by some sort of dark abnormal that compelled him to kill? And the 'electroshock therapy'...so to speak...from Tesla hurt or damaged it, and that was why he was free for a while?" Eeee!

Ooh, well, he certainly thinks so....and it would make so much *sense*.

[Man, I really hope he's not going to die. Or take it back to save them all. I have a baaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this...]

Curses. I knew it...
                          Yeah, I really wasn't expecting John to 'take back' the creature into himself again. I mean, if he felt so purged and free, why would he go back to the dangerous person he used to be? Love does make you do funny things.

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
                          squeeeeee! what a wonderful episode! john/helen (and indeed everyone else) were just brilliant together ... i so wanted them to kiss at the end, john's words were heart breaking ... he loves her so much - and i think she feels the same! their intense - sometimes violent, sometimes tender - relationship is still evolving .... please don't let this be the end of druitt.

the podcast is as funny as the actual episode is sad ... CH has a great sense of humour and possibly the worlds most sexy voice! it's well worth taking the time to listen to it!
                          I have to do a major catch up on the podcasts as I've only heard a few thus far. I've been downloading them from itunes as they are available and saving them to listen for another time. What I've heard though are indeed hilarious.

Comment

I haven't see it yet, I just want to know, how good is the episode

So, how good is it?
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

best episode so far. Loved all the Helen/John moments except of the very last scene where he teleports away. Helen is losing way too many people this season. Beginning with her daughter close friends (Michael shanks character) and her one ture love( I know he isn't really dead). I know it's sci-fi and nobody really dies but it would be great too see Helen happy for once.
                              SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                                best episode so far. Loved all the Helen/John moments except of the very last scene where he teleports away. Helen is losing way too many people this season. Beginning with her daughter close friends (Michael shanks character) and her one ture love( I know he isn't really dead). I know it's sci-fi and nobody really dies but it would be great too see Helen happy for once.
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X