No announcement yet.

Haunted (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally saw it, and it was really good, I'm impressed yet again, which isn't hard for the show to do.

I liked how the episode started off with Helen speaking a different language, I thought that was cool, and I like seeing Helen teaching Kate how to speak it. It was great seeing Druitt, and I like how it started off him saving lives, as apposed to ending them. I also thought the Will and Henry scene was cute.

It was creepy seeing John kill that lady, and I liked how Helen came at him with a gun, but what I REALLY didn't like seeing was him hitting her twice like that. But I'm glad she got him down with that laser gun of hers. I thought it was sweet of her to try and save his life, to me it shows she still has a place for him in her heart.

I loved the big revelation that all this time it was that creature inside him that turned him into Jack the ripper, and even though it was for a brief period of time, I was happy that he was free and that Helen had the man she loves back. I liked how everyone interact with each other and how they each had a role in fixing the problem, and I loved how Henry proved that he's still the tech master of the Sanctuary.

I'll review more in replies. Just like I always do.

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      Wow! Loved it but I need to watch a second time before posting anything truly coherentA.

Very angsty!

"for all eternity" *sobs*
      I loved that line too.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      wow

ok, so, they've explained John's madness. he's an innocent man, possessed by an abnormal that has forced him to murder and kill.

props to them for calling back to the webbie and actually explaining John's madness. And the comment at the end of sleepers makes more sense now.
      Spoiler:

helen's 'i'm the last'

interesting though, john can certainly return, although his 'i have no destination in mind' calls back to the first part of the eps, where he alleuded to 'teleportation without a destination is dangerous' comment

he repeated ashley's fate. although she teleported knowing that the em pulse would kill her, he teleported, with no destination, perhaps hoping that he'd never rematerialize, or that he'd lose the creature in the jump

a good, 'cheap' bottle episode
      I still can't believe that now we know that it was because of that strange abnormal that John is the way he is. Wow, talk about a revelation. And I agree with the spoiler.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      This episode was just beyond great! From the beginning, just seeing Druitt trying to hide how he'd gone evil again, and I still couldn't believe it when he killed the empath Then the fight with Helen...wonderful work on everyone's part there. The action the reactions during this whole episode were just wonderful. And then the heart break...Helen finally has the real John back, and he sacrifices himself taking on the entity once more.

The big question at the end of show....where did John go; did he go to commit suicide or will we see 'Jack' back again?????

I know for myself I love the character whether he be evil or good, he is one of the best characters on the show.
      Agreed on everything you said. I know I've said this a few times, but what I love about this show is that it always keeps you guessing, I don't know what's going to happen and I like that. Everyone did a great job and I know we'll see more in S3.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      It's so tragic that for the second time we're supposed to believe that John's cured, and just when we become certain that it's the Entity that's doing all of the dirty work, it has to go back into him!
      I felt so bad for him, but at least for a brief time he was free and Helen had the man she loves back. But you kinda don't expect him to stay cured, I'm mean the show is still young and him being Jack the ripper is what a lot of fans love. Maybe one day he'll be free forever, but not yet.

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
      A totally totally good and awesome episode. 9/10

That fight was really painful to watch and you couldn’t stop to feel bad for Helen since she is the one “killing” John.

Henry was really good; fighting the entity and reclaiming his “turf “was funny good.

Will almost burn to a crisp LOL

Kate is growing more every time, she is funny in a way and she has some kind of chemistry with all the team.

Helen and John; my hat’s off to them; they can do mushy, loving, hateful and aghast in just seconds.

So what now? Where’s he gone? And Helen can’t rest a second she is losing them and she is feeling it.

Only complain; that last scene when they are in front of the lab’s door; that scene looked awkward, I guess the green screen didn’t do what it was suppose too.

This is it so far there are lots I can talk about but need to see it again.
      It was hard seeing them fight because I don't like seeing Helen get hit , but seeing her shoot John and him trying to kill her was intense. And I loved seeing Henry and the abnormal go at it, no one messes with Henry.

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
      awesome episode! I am glad that druitt is innocent. Hopefully, they intend to free him one day forever of this parasite. Druitt kinda reminds me of what peter parker ,aka spiderman, would be like if the symbiote venom had taken him over completly.
      When you said 'parasite', I thought of a Goa'uld.

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      the entire line nearly made me cry... nearly.

John: I love you. For all eternity. Remember that...

For like a split second I thought Sane John was going to reach out and caress her cheek.
      Originally posted by yessika View Post
      In my deluded mind I thought he was going to kiss her
      I also thought they were going to kiss, but again, it's probably too soon for that. But the cheek idea could have worked.

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
      I loved this episode (but not as much as Sleepers xD), I was a little dissapointed that John became good while they were enclosed together xD That's why I LOVED THE BEGINING! I love Jack not John! But I guess, it was good to see his good part.

OMG, poor Will xD I was scared for him as for Kate and Bigfoot, and I liked Kate in this episode, very, she was fun with the Bigguy... her voice still horrible but, the charactere is better than in the first episodes ^^ Hope to see more of her in the two last episodes. ^^
      I also think I liked Sleepers just a *bit* more, but both eps were great. I just wished they weren't filmed out of order.

IMHO, they were aired out of order. it was supposed to be haunted, then sleepers. and then helen's comment about 'john's disappearance' would make more sense
      Agreed, I'm still not sure why they did that. Also I hard Sleepers was supposed to happen earlier in the season, like after Hero or something.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Hee, that was good. I really enjoyed the Kate and Bigfoot stuff.

Overall a good episode, I especially like how they finally explained how Druitt's madness is connected to his teleporting. My guess is the energy monster jumped into him when he first began teleporting and it gains in strength every time he jumps. Though while Tesla temporarily curing him in The Five now makes sense, I now wonder why he wanted Helen's blood in the pilot.

The different pairings were fun, and yay to Henry and Will for mostly saving the day. And great stuff between Helen and Druitt, esp at the end. I'm sure we'll see more Druitt in S3, though I do hope that they don't 'cure' him anytime soon, he's much more interesting conflicted IMHO.
      I never really thought of why Tesla's shocks cured him, but now it does make sense. I also like how every now and then we get a different pairing of the team together, but what I'd really like to see is a big Helen and Henry episode. H&H.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      another wonderful ep.

i'll start off telling about my fave scene... helen runs around the corner and gets clobbered by john, and then kicked. i couldn't believe it! it wasn't overly graphic, just a heck of a surprise, and it 'did' feel cold coming from someone that loved helen and that helen still loves. but i think my shock and wow was what made it stick with me so much. and helen whump.
      Again, I was shocked when I saw Helen get hit twice by John. I don't like seeing Helen get hit.

lots of cute pairings moments, with will-henry and biggie-kate. the helen-john stuff was far from 'cute', but was the soul of the ep.

i'm not really a helen/john shipper, but i liked what they did in this ep to make the possibility of them getting together happen. there was no way helen would ever get back with john, after what he'd become and brutally murdering women. but they created a type of 'get out of jail free card' scenario for him... i like that, for john, for helen, and for a future for them someday. that was quite ingenious.

chris h is really a good actor.

i'll comment more once i read everyone else's comments, but all in all, quite a good episode.
      Wow Sally, you have a way with words. I'm glad there's now a way to truly free John of his huge pain in his heart. I hope to see him free one day, and maybe him and Helen can be together.

i thought they were going to kiss.
      *Squee*

i think that's the question we're all going to be asking.

i think john was saying as much, but helen stopped him, saying it was too convenient (?) to blame all of it on the creature inside him.

i do wonder if this thing just enhances what's already there (like pms and menopause ), or if john was this nice and gentle man and the thing recreated the monster within him? and when exactly did it go into him?
      ??????

I guess it would had to have gotten into him shortly after he got his powers, since he started going evil in the 1800's.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        Pretty good tribute to Magnus's outift.

http://fangirlonamission.blogspot.co...uss-style.html
        Awesome, that girl knows style. But she's still no Amanda.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        You have to wonder if the parasite/entity was not only attracted by Johns teleporting but maybe something within John himself? Or the teleporting could have attracted it but something deep within him could have caused it to become attached (if that makes sense)? It could be the entity needed a certain type of person and John, though seeming gentle, could have had a deeper darker personality that he kept hiddedn even from himself?
        Wow, that's something to think about. I'm not sure the entity thinks like that, I think it's like a Goa'uld, it needed a body to survive in and somehow got into John. After more than 100 years in his body, it got used to living in him and over time made him darker and darker.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Thank goodness for Comcast On Demand! I was thinking I wouldn't see this for a few days time as I was working when it aired and I havent found my alternative way of watching as of yet. So far, every ep has been complimentary on On Demand which rocks.

This is definitely ranked as one of my favorites! I loved the suspense and danger of the unknown factor the energy creature brought and the desperation everyone felt as a response. 'Edge of your seat' story lines, no matter the show (or book for that matter) have always held my interest.

The different pairings and their isolation from each other was well crafted too. They played well off each other and the creatures attempt to keep them separate and defenseless was enthralling. Both in how it was done and how they kept thwarting its efforts left and right. Even if I wasn't a huge fan already of the show and characters, Haunted was so well written, you couldn't help rooting for those trapped and potentially fearing for their lives. Survival is such a basic need and the common denominator which TPTB used skillfully to draw the viewer in.

I loved the Kate/Biggie interactions the best I think. Kate's constant chatter as opposed to Biggies restrained impatience kept me laughing throughout. Heh, Biggie mates every five years too, huh? Now there's a plot bunny for you.

Loved Will's near death scramble in the heating ducts and John's neckbreaker move on Helen and kick to the abdomen had me cringing in it's realism. Definite kudos for that scene.

Though I've never shipped John and Helen, I couldnt help but feeling sorry for them at the end. For two people to obviously care so much for each other, to share such wonderful memories, but be unable to act on their feelings due to circumstances beyond their control had me wishing thinks could be different for them. I do hope to see more of John again. His sacrifice for everyone totally rocked. The ending of Sleepers and Helen's comment concerning John, suddenly makes more sense now considering how they were aired out of order.

Lastly, geeks FTW! Couldn't help cheering Henry on being a gadget guru myself. I do love the way his mind works!
        Wow, thanks for writing all that, you saved me the trouble of writing it myself.

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
        best episode so far. Loved all the Helen/John moments except of the very last scene where he teleports away. Helen is losing way too many people this season. Beginning with her daughter close friends (Michael shanks character) and her one ture love( I know he isn't really dead). I know it's sci-fi and nobody really dies but it would be great too see Helen happy for once.
        I've seen a lot of great episodes this season, I can't pick a best. And yeah, Helen's losing a lot of people, but then again she's been losing for over 100 years, but still I don't think she's used to it.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
        I give it an 8/10

I thought the beginning was a little boring. Might also be, cause I watched it without subtitles and couldn't understand everything.

I thought the CGI looked bad a couple of times and that really pulled me out of the story.

I didn't know anything about this ep, except that John would be in it. I was slighty dissapointed how that played out. Evil -- Good --- Evil ... it all happened a little too quickly for me. The scene where John kicked and was about to kill (?) Helen though ... awesome, unexpected.

I liked the interaction between the other pairings. I never minded Kate and I thought she was just fine in this ep. Her and Biggie were funny.

I liked Helen's clothes
        Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        The poor CGI at times is very easy to spot, especially the scenes where the camera widens to take in a shot of a room/hallway for the viewer to gain the enormity of the Sanctuary. Usually there isn't much more than talking going on at these times, so perhaps the CGI is more easy to spot for me as my eye wanders around the screen. During the action sequences, I'm hardly aware of any CGI at all sometimes, but again, there's too much going on to even consider what might be fake or not.
        one reason for the cgi to 'fail' is in wide shots like you said, or hallway shots...cause it's hard to maintain proper depth of field when the background is a keyed in image

the other time is when the characters are holding flashlights and they are illuminated in a way that's not recreated in the background
        I never really pay attention to the CGI, I focus more on the people and the story. I'll admit sometimes I do see something that looks like it is CGI, but I overlook those things and just enjoy the show. Overall the CGI is very good.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Why will Helen snap?

She'll outlive them all eventually... at least she would have Ashley, and Clara. And Will, Henry, Kate... and all the other normals and abnormals with a lifespan comparable to normals.

It's not who dies - it's how they go, I imagine that might have her snap along the line.
        I really want to see Helen snap, just go nuts, throw things around and maybe try to do some self harm.

(((Helen))) I'm sure Amanda would be awesome.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        ^well, "for all eternity" was what he said back when they were first getting engaged. so he still feels that way (when the entity isn't in charge ). I loved how he blurted out "I love you" in the middle of the whole thing.

I think it's left pretty open as to what happened to Druitt. I took the "no destination in mind" to mean that he knew there was a good chance of getting killed. On the other hand, would the entity die with him? he may have to keep it to keep in under some control. Lots of possibilities for the future.

It was a little hackneyed to have people locked in an elevator, etc. But I thought they did it pretty well. One of the best moments, imho, was when Magnus realizes she's just been locked in with EvilDruitt. Great look on AT's face--not overblown fear, but definitely an "oh crap" moment.
        I loved that moment when Helen knew she was locked in with John, and the look he gave her, plus the light added that extra creepy effect.

druitt's fate wasn't the same as ash's

ash teleported while the EM shield was up, so she - theoretically - splatted on the iris

on the other hand, druitt teleported without a destination in mind...he did the equivalent of randomly dialing hte gate and stepping through, with no idea where he was going or if he'd even make it there
        Wow, awesome analogy.
        Last edited by Rocky89; 26 February 2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Finally got the chance to watch this episode. Fave part was when Henry booted up the security system and then said "Who's your Daddy?" I was like you are.

*Annie runs to the Gutter*
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I thought this episode was pretty brilliant for the simple fact that I have very much disliked Druitt throughout series one and most of series two - very interesting character for sure but I just couldn't seem to take to him. By the end of this episode - I suddenly felt bad for him and warmed to him a bit.

I think what did it for me was that at the end is that he was showing he was willing to sacrifice himself - "I have nowhere in mind" in order to protect Helen and everyone else too. Just that fact that instead of choosing to carry on killing people behind Helen's back, he actually seemed to decide to stop himself in the only way he could see possible - to kill himself.

But then Druitt being Druitt you just never can be certain if he is still out there somewhere.... I'm still undecided about that one....
            sigpic
            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I think, like AT said in the podcast, a LOT of people just didn't/don't understand that Druitt WAS NOT "Jack the Ripper" when Helen fell in love with him, and this episode was supposed to show a bit of that.
              ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

This was one of my fave episodes. It was an intense episode for Helen & John.

Spoiler:

Cuz when John (or u could say the Darkness) kicked Helen in the stomache and she had to shoot him. But the ending was a bit sad for me too.
                sigpic
                My tumblr

Comment

Yes, much angst at the end. Poor Helen. And John. Almost free.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Yea. Wish it didn't end with sadness. But..
                    it does make the story interesting. To see what's next.
                    sigpic
                    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      hopefully S3 will bode well for some sort of happy endings... That would be nice.

And some happiness for Helen and John would not be remiss for all they have suffered. This episode was done well and it illustrated some of the hurt/love that still lingers.
                      sigpic

Comment

hopefully S3 will bode well for some sort of happy endings... That would be nice.

And some happiness for Helen and John would not be remiss for all they have suffered. This episode was done well and it illustrated some of the hurt/love that still lingers.
                        Well said Ares i totaly agree with you

This one of my many fav eps of the season i love seeing John boath good and bad and then end scene between Helen and John wow! i went all teary eyed watching it again
                        Enitity: I feel that when John said he had no destination in mind i was thinking perhaps the creature in him has thought of one there is still hope sort of
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

That frakking creature had better think of an destination.... lol!!
                          sigpic

Comment

That frakking creature had better think of an destination.... lol!!
                            Close to the Sanctuary to

That look he had at the end when we see that evil smile again said to me Druitt i dont have a destination in mind but the creature within does .
                            It also reminded me of web 4 when he goes to teleport and Helen says for him not to but he does it's very same look
                            sigpic
                            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

That creature is definitely crafty and I bet john counted on that and made the creature pick a place to go.... lol!!
                              sigpic

Comment

That creature is definitely crafty and I bet john counted on that and made the creature pick a place to go.... lol!!
                                Yeah that entity better have lol
                                That Entity is so bad i hope they find away to control it

I love seeing John doing that Ripper look (melting) hehehe

And the scene at the end when he say's to Helen '' I love you'' my heart goes into overdrive but it's so sad at the sametime
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X