Next Tuesday (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I look at this episode on two levels. As an episode on its own its good. But as a contribution to the season I was massively disappointed.

As an episode as a whole I liked how we saw Helen and Will interacting with another big abnormal hunt. I for some reason found myself compelled to agree with Will about the whole vacation debate. Given what they do they seem entitled to a vacation. Even after Helen tells why she wants Will to stay (which is totally understandable) I still find myself agreeing with Will. His happiness is just of merit as Helens.

Now to the season part. I'm starting to getting a little aggrevated about all this Helen and Will only episodes like this one. Thier are other characters too you know. It seems like thier is this massive development for two characters while Henry, Kate, the late Ashley, Bigfoor among others background is limitied. It reminds me of SGA in a lot of ways and I was hoping Sanctuary would fix this problem in S2. Given Pavor Nocturnus and Next Tuesday I guess I was wrong.
    I think the Helen/Will episodes are a cost savings measure. They don't have a big studio backing them, so they've had to scramble to get their financing together. One way to save money is to sign some regulars for 11(or fewer) episodes. Not ideal, but you do what you have to do to get the season produced.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by sandra-carter View Post
      I loved this episode, it was surreal ... I noticed and loved the reaction from helen because ashley's birthday when she got stuck in the conduct of the platform was scary, after the Will was there to save her (as always) and she tried to leave it there, then I think the desire to die helen was not dissipated in her mind.
      due to ashley? I do not know! maybe
      the bald man just shows that she still has a pretty big drop by Druitt ... although he is more sexy, beautiful and seductive ... love those two ... I've read the synopsis of episode 10 called "haunted"
      Spoiler:
      will be romantic and revealing in part because of them that will get stuck together in a cell ... I can not wait to see!

Henry and the big guy was surfing ... ahhh very funny

this season is more surprising, is getting better, I love now is just wait for the subtitled episode because there are times when I can not understand what they are talking about because of the noise ... ashley by the statement in each episode is sure they will get it back next season, "I sure hope there is another season," thought

Anyone can write the excerpt of the conversation when Will tells magnus he knew about Olaf ... I can not understand
      Where did you read about this? I know that episode 10 will be called Sleepers
      Spoiler:
      and will be with Nikola and not John. John will appear in episode 11, as far as I know.
      I hope Olaf is not as serious as it looks, I'm personally a H/N shipper, so Druitt is enough trouble for me, I don't need another baldy.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 December 2009, 10:50 AM. Reason: Spoilers for future eps tagged.:)

Comment

OK, I'm finally here to write my review.

First starters I thought it was a really good episode, I loved how we were able to see a little more chemistry grow between Helen and Will and that they are now able to talk about more personal things with each other. I liked the editing, I like how it kept going back and forth revelling a little bit more of the real reason the squid went nuts, and how the scorpion on the helicopter.

One thing I really thought was cool was finding out that Helen was on board the Titanic, as soon as she said that date and Will's reaction I knew right away what she was talking about. The little things I found cute like the way they kept going at each other for wanting to go get away from the Sanctuary, and I loved how Helen wanted to go and see another man in her life. I loved seeing the 2 abnormals go at it, and seeing Helen throw that knife at the scorpion was wicked.

The big thing on my mind was why Helen really didn't want Will to leave, and when she told him that "Next Tuesday" is Ashely's birthday. I was like "Awww" because that one moment to me proves that she's tired of shutting people out and she realizes Will can help her do that. Ultimately she's just a mother who's lost her child, and she doesn't want to spent Ashley's birthday alone, which is what she did for decades before she was born.

I thought the cliffhanger was wicked, I can't believe it ended like that, I was expecting more helicopter or boats to show up and save them, but they didn't, so I'm really eager to see how they get out of there.

Oh, and of course the wet Helen was most DEFINITELY the highlight of the episode for me . Which is why I made this Zip file- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMALKJPA

I'll review more in my replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterfan View Post
          Although there's more, but I've gone on long enough, the single MOST important thing I've learned this episode is that Amanda Tapping must have been a water baby.
          Or just keen to put costars through this horrible water-experiences. I don't think they can be considered fun water play... I bet there's a limit of how long one can spend doing water scenes. And there was not much dry land in this one either...

Originally posted by kes View Post
          Throw history out the window my friend , this is sci fi lol
          As far as the Titanic goes - sorry, not something I want to throw out of the window. Because the things they used were facts in history, not twisted like the Tesla-character or the Ripper-character to put to good use. The Titanic still sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic. 1500 people, give or take a few, still died on board it. Molly Brown was indeed a passenger on the Titanic, and quite the excentric one for that day and age too. But she just didn't haul people into lifeboats since she never went back after the ship had sunk.

If Helen was in the water, then someone else saved her, and kept her warm through the night until they were picked up by the Carpathia early the next morning.

Jack the Ripper is one of the great mysteries of the 19th Century, and all I know about it is what my cousin used in her work for school last year, about criminals in history, and criminals today.

But when it comes to Titanic... I am a total geek!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            So she can be alone with the memories of her daughter on the day of her daughter's birth? How horrible.

I think she just wanted *someone* there. Who might be able to provide a distraction when needed. But didn't know how to ask. She fumbled that badly. She's human.

suse
            Oh, ok. Make sense. Thank you.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by cutecat93 View Post
              Spoiler:
              and will be with Nikola and not John. John will appear in episode 11, as far as I know.
              I hope Olaf is not as serious as it looks, I'm personally a H/N shipper, so Druitt is enough trouble for me, I don't need another baldy.
              The order of the episodes depends of where you live...I think in the US the Tesla one comes first, anybody know for certain? (I forgot )
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by cutecat93 View Post
                Spoiler:
                Re episode airing order :
                Spoiler:

Ep 10 is Haunted and Ep 11 is Sleepers. Syfy will be airing them out of order, Sleepers first then Haunted, and ITV4 in the UK will not.

Well, seeing as Helen said that she hadn't seen Olaf in decades...

I liked this episode, nice character bits. Though as much as I like the two hander episodes for their great characterisations I do wish that the show had a bigger budget so we could get a deeper look at other characters and not just Magnus & Will.

I'm willing to fund a 20 ep Season 3 but I just need to win the lottery first
                *wanders off to buy a jackpot lottery ticket*

I actually liked how they were just left in the oil well and didn't waste time from the ep explaining how they got out. It fit with the ep being more about the characters than the situation.
                Last edited by RealmOfX; 06 December 2009, 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling
                -

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I look at this episode on two levels. As an episode on its own its good. But as a contribution to the season I was massively disappointed.

As an episode as a whole I liked how we saw Helen and Will interacting with another big abnormal hunt. I for some reason found myself compelled to agree with Will about the whole vacation debate. Given what they do they seem entitled to a vacation. Even after Helen tells why she wants Will to stay (which is totally understandable) I still find myself agreeing with Will. His happiness is just of merit as Helens.

Now to the season part. I'm starting to getting a little aggrevated about all this Helen and Will only episodes like this one. Thier are other characters too you know. It seems like thier is this massive development for two characters while Henry, Kate, the late Ashley, Bigfoor among others background is limitied. It reminds me of SGA in a lot of ways and I was hoping Sanctuary would fix this problem in S2. Given Pavor Nocturnus and Next Tuesday I guess I was wrong.
                  Very much agreed on the bolded part. Perhaps this won't be a popular opinion, but I've had quite enough of Will-Magnus heavy eapisodes this season. Never mind I'm not a huge Will fan to begin with, I can still appreciate their interaction. Alas. Everything in moderation.

Also, the reason she gives, while valid and understandable, I would find much more so had Henry been there instead of Will. Who knew Ashley longer (and thus was probably closer to her)? Not to mention the fact that we never did get a real insight into how Henry dealt with her death.

That said, it was a fun episode to watch on its own. I just can't help but think I'd have enjoyed it much more had it been a Henry-Helen one, and it would also serve nicely to further Henry's character.
                  you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

i get it

while will and helen are fun to watch, it would be a nice change to see some of the others interact with them too.

be nice to break up the 'monotony' so to speak
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

someone that made me laugh was when they talked about helen always working hard being because shes british, as a lazy british person i found that funny

Comment

As far as the Helen being saved by Molly Brown. According to wikipedia(which obviously isn't 100% reliable) Molly brown's lifeboat did go back in search of survivors. If that is the case then she could have rescued Magnus.

Comment

The Abnormal fight reminded me of Godzilla Two creatures duking it out while the human's watch.
                          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                          ---
                          sigpic

Comment

Will: ''WHAT IS IT ABOUT ME THAT THESE THINGS SEEM TO HATE!!''

CLASSIC Will line!

Edit: Will SyFy be taking a break with this too? Or is 02x09 still airing next week?

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
                              As far as the Helen being saved by Molly Brown. According to wikipedia(which obviously isn't 100% reliable) Molly brown's lifeboat did go back in search of survivors. If that is the case then she could have rescued Magnus.
                              The lifeboat did, she didn't.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i get it

while will and helen are fun to watch, it would be a nice change to see some of the others interact with them too.

be nice to break up the 'monotony' so to speak
                                I agree. Have an episode where that focuses on Helen/Henry or Helen/Big Guy or even Helen/Kate interaction. To that extent I thought Helen had much stronger friendship with Henry and the big guy than with Will. So how come she let them go and didn't insist they were there for "next tuesday"? For that matter how come neither Henry, nor the big guy realized that Ashley's birthday is coming up and chose to go "surfing" instead of staying home and taking care of Helen if needed.
                                On a side note am I the only one projecting Teal'c over the big guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X