No announcement yet.

Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best episode of season 2 by far, I loved the story and the whole concept and the fact that John had sacrificed himself after Helen died the look on her face.

I love to see episodes like this
    sigpic
    Really wants to meet Robin Dunne so I can get him to pull his pants down

Comment

If anyone is interested, I thought I'd drop this off. It's a Zip file I made of the hose scene, it's 165 screencaps and a good quality vid of the scene- Helen's Hose Down Scene.zip

(((Helen)))

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        If anyone is interested, I thought I'd drop this off. It's a Zip file I made of the hose scene, it's 165 screencaps and a good quality vid of the scene- Helen's Hose Down Scene.zip

(((Helen)))

(((Helen)))

Thanks Rocky. Three weeks later and this is still my all-time favourite episode of Sanctuary. After this the two episodes which followed felt more like "CSI: Old City" to be honest. For me I think it's really going to take a lot to top this episode.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          (((Helen)))

Thanks Rocky. Three weeks later and this is still my all-time favourite episode of Sanctuary. After this the two episodes which followed felt more like "CSI: Old City" to be honest. For me I think it's really going to take a lot to top this episode.
          Maybe tomorrow's episode. *Spoiler for Ep 8
          Spoiler:
          Helen in the water for an hour
          , what could be better?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 December 2009, 03:05 PM. Reason: tag added .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Maybe tomorrow's episode. *Spoiler for Ep 8
            Spoiler:
            Helen in the water for an hour,
            what could be better?
            Hmmmm...maybe we should move this conversation to another thread?
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 December 2009, 03:15 PM. Reason: tagged quoted piece.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

This is the only Sanctuary ep I saw so far.

I agree that it looks too much like "I Am Legend" - the movie that I really didn't like
              I also didn't like the split screen and the overall feeling of watching a comic cartoon.

However, I liked the dramatic moments a lot: Will telling Helen how the rest of them died, and especially Helen finding out that she was patient zero (WOW, what a twist!!!).

Re: that scene when Helen was hosed down -
              AT told that she had a body double for that scene, in case nobody mentioned it here before
              (doesn't make this scene less dramatic and scary, tho!)
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                This is the only Sanctuary ep I saw so far.

I agree that it looks too much like "I Am Legend" - the movie that I really didn't like
                I also didn't like the split screen and the overall feeling of watching a comic cartoon.

However, I liked the dramatic moments a lot: Will telling Helen how the rest of them died, and especially Helen finding out that she was patient zero (WOW, what a twist!!!).

Re: that scene when Helen was hosed down -
                AT told that she had a body double for that scene, in case nobody mentioned it here before
                (doesn't make this scene less dramatic and scary, tho!)
                Are you sure about that? I heard that Amanda said that the shower scene was one of the most difficult scenes she had to do and that the water was very cold which suggested to me that everything you see in that scene IS Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Are you sure about that? I heard that Amanda said that the shower scene was one of the most difficult scenes she had to do and that the water was very cold which suggested to me that everything you see in that scene IS Amanda.
                  At AT4 Amanda mentioned that the long shot of naked Helen was a body double. She then discussed how she looked the actress in the eye to make sure that she was comfortable doing the scene. The majority of that scene was Amanda.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    At AT4 Amanda mentioned that the long shot of naked Helen was a body double. She then discussed how she looked the actress in the eye to make sure that she was comfortable doing the scene. The majority of that scene was Amanda.
                    Exactly
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Thanks for explaining, that dipsofjazz. Much appreciated. I am incredibly surprised that Amanda needed a body double just for that because...in my humble estimations...there's very little of naked Helen to see and I'm sure that SyFy would have wrapped Sanctuary's PTB knuckles very hard for showing a fully nude woman so they wouldn't have done it anyway and Amanda could still have done the long-shots herself. Very odd.

Comment

Well, there's the filming of it that she'd have to do, whether they show much or not. She's been very strict in her career about what she will and will not do. More power to her.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Well, there's the filming of it that she'd have to do, whether they show much or not. She's been very strict in her career about what she will and will not do. More power to her.
                          I totally agree.

Comment

yeah, the body double part was likely more AT's personal preferences about 'baring it all' than any nudity concerns from the n etwork

if there had been any 'accidental revealage' they'd have just blurred/effected/edited it out
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              yeah, the body double part was likely more AT's personal preferences about 'baring it all' than any nudity concerns from the n etwork

if there had been any 'accidental revealage' they'd have just blurred/effected/edited it out
                              I know that Amanda has a non-nudity clause and I understood why a body double was required for her movie The Void (*shudders*) because of the amount of flesh shown...I was just taken aback by a body double being used for so little flesh shown in Pavor Nocturnus. I remember reading about another actress who had a "nude" scene in something or other in which she did it her self but she was covered up with some sort of tape across the breasts and a I believe some flesh-coloured skin-tight leggings and was just surprised that Amanda didn't go through the same sort of thing. Maybe it wasn't her thing or maybe tape and leggings weren't practical for the scene. I dunno. But kudos to Amanda anyway for letting someone else take the job for those long shot moments in this amazing episode. If possible I have even more respect for this beautiful person than I did before.

(((((AT)))))

Comment

Considering that the in between scenes take longer before their cutting and selection of scene play in the actual show/movie that what we get to see on TV; is understandable that she would rather ask a double to make/shoot some of the scenes than her.

Also if she personally doesn’t like to do that kind of scenes she’s in her right to denied them I have read of stresses that don’t mind too much that other do. Either way that whole scene with and without Amanda was just terrific and managed to move us fans.
                                sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X