Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
    He is getting better. exploring the dark, life not worth living, end of the world, will was a bit of a stretch, but he is getting better.
    Yes, but I thought did he excellent in REQUIEM.
    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Yes he did.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Oh please! Will you stop with your passive aggressive garbage. You expressed your opinion (multiple times) and others expressed theirs. Please extend the same courtesy to others that you are demanding for yourself.
        I am really just trying to explain myself to slurr and not ruffle feathers.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
        Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          Ooooh!
          -
          And yeah, the shower scene was like half the length the second time I watched. Funny the tricks our minds play on us!
          Definitely! First time viewing it seemed like it was going on a long while. You know how long that entire scene takes from the moment Helen gets thrown to the ground to the two men leaving her alone? 50 seconds. That's it. For us it felt a lot longer in watching...how long must it have felt like for Helen to experience?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Absolutely FANTASTIC episode. This might even be my favourite in the entire series to date.

The 'feel' of the whole thing, the kind of Resident Evil/post-apocalyptic thing was bloody brilliant. When they were ripping off Helen's clothes I was absolutely mortified that it was going to be some kind of horrific gang rape, and then it mutated into a not-quite-as-bad (but still unpleasant) Planet of the Apes hosing down. The ruined city and ruined Sanctuary were wonderful to behold; really the entire colour palette/lighting of the episode was wonderful.

Besides that, awesome. (And Druitt had an off-screen Dr. Strangelove demise, that's hilarious )
            Again, same here. Since watching the show from the start, I've never been more shocked or mortified, I actually feared for her, I was covering my mouth with my hands.

Sure it ended up being something not quite as bad, but still.

(((Helen)))

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5210/vlcsnap00009x.jpg

In the background on the right is the Brooklyn Bridge and the glass reflective buildings in the background on the left is the World Financial Center in lower Manhattan (though the Wiki picture is taken from Jersey rather than Brooklyn), across the street from where the WTC used to be.

It seems the Sanctuary is in Brooklyn
            Actually going to the Innerspace special of the show (which I taped and put on YT) Sanctuary takes place in "New City". Check it out- InnerSpace- Behind the Scenes: Sanctuary Pt. 1 of 3

That was the saddest part of this eppy. Druitt taking his life two weeks after Helen. Course in my mind that just solidifies how much he loves her, he wasn't willing to go on with out her.

but more than anything i loved the whole REsident Evil feel of this eppy. The darkness was played just right and AT was superb.

All in all the best eppy so far... lol!!
            I agree with everything you said.

I actually find what he did beautiful in some way, he had lost Ashley and then Helen, and I think he knows he's as bad as people say he is, but maybe to him Helen and Ashley represent the good in him, and when they "supposedly" died he lost his will to go on.

I believe he does love Helen and a world without her or Ashley isn't a world he'd want to live him, he really be all alone, with no one to remind him of the good in him.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            She almost made it sound like this was the first time she'd gone looking for a cure, but you have to wonder if she did at other times in her life too. Or maybe even if she went through dark periods she still had her work etc. But with the loss of Ashley she felt like it wasn't worth it anymore. (And of course she'd also recently lost her long time friend Watson, and Druitt and Tesla are basically nuts. ).
            I think Helen had been looking for a way before to end her longevity, but she hadn't put it on the top of her list of things to do. But when she lost Ashley, I think she had enough and got tired of watching people she cares and loves die all around her. I don't think she'd ever take her own life, but I think now she wants to find a way to remove her longevity and life out a normal life.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i rewatched the ep... wow.

and the shower scene was *much* shorter than i remembered! but i think that's b/c when i first saw it, i was so blown away i was holding my breath or something. hehe.

amanda was won.der.ful!!!

the only thing i didn't care for were the zombies, but that's how they moved and walked around. but that was a small thing and i think the ep was great!!
            Totally. I also rewated it and i was like OMFGS!!!!! NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO HELEN!!!
            Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            When that shower scene came on I was like.....WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING??? I was ready to jump into the TV and smack them one
            Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Definitely! First time viewing it seemed like it was going on a long while. You know how long that entire scene takes from the moment Helen gets thrown to the ground to the two men leaving her alone? 50 seconds. That's it. For us it felt a lot longer in watching...how long must it have felt like for Helen to experience?
            OMG you 4 are so right. I also went back and saw that scene () and I agree, it wasn't as long as when I first saw it, but it was still very *intense*. I'm like you Sally, I was holding my breath and when it was over my heart was racing, I kinda blacked out the next few minutes of the episode because I was just in shocked. Then when it seemed like Will was going to start torturing Helen I was like "Oh God, no more."

But yeah, that scene for me was the most intense scene of the whole series, and it was so sad and hard seeing Helen be humiliated, degraded, disrespected and violated like that. Oh and Alan to answer your question, I'd imagine it would have felt longer to her than it actually was.
            Spoiler:

(((Helen)))

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Oh and Alan to answer your question, I'd imagine it would have felt longer to her than it actually was.

(((Helen)))
              I was actually asking a rhetorical question there...but thanks for answering anyway Rocky.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/y...=Page_1-24.png
                Ahh, guys, what is a mullet????????? I'm french and I'm not a living dictionary! XD I've been looking for a while, without understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                  Ahh, guys, what is a mullet????????? I'm french and I'm not a living dictionary! XD I've been looking for a while, without understand.
                  A mullet is a haircut (typically a male haircut) that is short in the front and very long in the back. Sometimes people describe it as being "business in the front, party in the back." In north America, it was very popular in the 1980's. It's the hair cut MacGuyver had in his show.

So, Will kind of had a mullet going on with his hair in the last episode because it was so long in the back and kind of short in the front.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                    aww..you poor thing.

go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullet_(haircut)

and then according to Robin Dunne, he looks like Bono circa 80's...so go here next and enjoy the music as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBnyHFemZA

of course Amanda, Damian and Martin think his mullet is more like this guy's mullet....http://forladiesbyladies.com/wp-cont...yrusmtgzoa.jpg

I hope that helps.
                    sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      Khentkawes is right. Will says Magnus died 3 years ago. And Magnus says it was 10 years ago, a little after Ash died.
                      Yay for me! I can't always trust my own memory.

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      I guess if you dont like end of the world stories, or plague stories you wouldnt like this ep. Its normal, we dont all like the same things. I happen to love zombie, plagues, end of the world stories and I'm 26.
                      I like end of the world stories, but not zombies. Take that as you will. But I agree with you that the style of this episode probably wasn't for everyone. Nothing wrong with that... that's just the way it works some times.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      As for Khent's point about it being slow--I thoughtit was a little at the beginning too. But I guess I was willing to go with the flow of the ep.
                      I might have been willing to go along with it... if I had gotten into the "mystery" in the beginning. I think that was the key. If, as a viewer, I had felt as confused as Helen by her mysterious surroundings, then I might have gotten into the story. As it was... I didn't. I knew she was in the future (thanks to the previews) and I was waiting for zombies to appear (just based on the lighting and effects, there had to be zombies, right? ). I think it might have worked for me if they had compressed the first 20 minutes into about 8-10 minutes, and then spent a bit more time on the resolution at the end. I've noticed some comments that people wanted it to be longer, so maybe that would have solved that problem too. *shrug* It would have been my preference anyway.
                      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

It's been a while scince i last watched PARVOR NOCTURNUSand i cant get that shower scene out of my head i keep imaging how scary it was for Helen .

I have the shower scene on my cell phone but i cant watch it , Amanda done that scene so well you can feel how scared Helen is i feel it each time i watch the full eps .
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post

I might have been willing to go along with it... if I had gotten into the "mystery" in the beginning. I think that was the key. If, as a viewer, I had felt as confused as Helen by her mysterious surroundings, then I might have gotten into the story. As it was... I didn't. I knew she was in the future (thanks to the previews) and I was waiting for zombies to appear (just based on the lighting and effects, there had to be zombies, right? ). I think it might have worked for me if they had compressed the first 20 minutes into about 8-10 minutes, and then spent a bit more time on the resolution at the end. I've noticed some comments that people wanted it to be longer, so maybe that would have solved that problem too. *shrug* It would have been my preference anyway.
                          I can agree with you there. They seemed to want to show as much zombie as possible (the least interesting to me) at the expense of more character issues like why Helen got herself into this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                            It's been a while scince i last watched PARVOR NOCTURNUSand i cant get that shower scene out of my head i keep imaging how scary it was for Helen .

I have the shower scene on my cell phone but i cant watch it , Amanda done that scene so well you can feel how scared Helen is i feel it each time i watch the full eps .
                            Totally.

It's hard to watch that scene even now, I still can't get the look of fear on Helen's face or voice out of my head either. That must have been one of *the* lowest and degrading moments in her life.

(((Helen)))

Comment

At AT4, AT said the shower scene was the most difficult scene she's done in her career. It really affected her mentally and not just physically. It was extremely wet and cold but pretty scary too.

I really like the episode. Although, I kept wondering how they were going to get back to 'normal' by the end. Quite a difference seeing the Sanctuary in the beginning and in the last scene.

Comment

maybe, at the end, it would have been nice to have helen, with will gone, writing in her journal, something about her grief driving her to extremes...she writes it all down...then she burns it, keeping her secret
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X