Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I loved this ep. I loved everything about this ep It was so much better than last weeks ep, That's all I got
    It was all dark and twisty... I loved it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      It was all dark and twisty... I loved it.
      Oh I knew there was a reason why I loved it

p.s. I see you Rocky I bet your fave part was Helen on the roof in the rain all wet
      sigpic

Comment

By far the best we have seen.
        sigpic

Comment

p.s. I see you Rocky I bet your fave part was Helen on the roof in the rain all wet
          The roof is kind of Helen's place isn't it? She was up there for practical reasons this time, but they've definitely followed through on the idea from the very first episode that she goes up there regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            The roof is kind of Helen's place isn't it? She was up there for practical reasons this time, but they've definitely followed through on the idea from the very first episode that she goes up there regularly.
            i loved helen on the roof, despite her being pummeled with rain.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              shocked, frightened, scared, horrified, humiliated
              Originally posted by shel View Post
              scared, ashamed, nervous, anxious, humiliated, terrified, panicky.
              Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              humiliated and degraded, and probably afraid she was going to be killed.

i'm sure she realized at the very end, she wasn't going to be raped. but the men were brutal and unfeeling, and she might have wondered if they were just going to off her to make sure of no contamination.

brave, brave scene to film, and an outstanding accomplishment all around.
              Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              violated
              I knew why they were doing that.... but it was still... WHOA... and I had to look away briefly.
              Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
              It make me kinda anger, she was being manhandle and stripped of her clothing.
              Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
              I was thinking the same thing after we got a cut to the commercial because I was so mad to see Helen treated like that. I am always wary of females being given scenes like this so I was wondering that too.
              Yes on all the above. I believe all those things we going through her mind, and maybe she thought she was going to be left down there for ages and become a prisoner. I can't even begin imagine how low and hurt she must have felt, she was completely mistreated, manhandled and violated. There's more than one form of rape, and this was one of them. Can you imagine what that can do to a person?

That scene still gets to me, IMO it was one of, if not *the* most powerful and saddest Helen moment so far. She wasn't raped, but the way it was going, I'm sure some of the audience and Helen believed that it was going to happen to her. They shot her, took her to a dungeon, aggressively stripped her clothes off, then hosed her down with need respect or decency at all. Throughout the whole scene, she wasn't treated like a woman, she was treated like a piece of dirt, and the whole time she had that look of fear and terror on her face and her voice, she was practically fighting for her life. She's not someone you can take advantage of, she's a human being with a soul and feelings, and I believe no man should ever lay his hands on any woman. It's wrong.

(((Helen)))

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Now a year later for the first time since before the first episode of the first season I was really geared up for an episode of Sanctuary judging by what I saw in the trailer, promo, and pics...only this time I wasn't disappointed. Pavor Nocturnus was a great episode! Amanda was just amazing! The shower scene was a shock to see and I applaud Amanda and TPTB for being brave enough to bring that sequence together. I hope this isn't the last time we get to see Helen out of her depth and put through the ringer like this.
              I agree Alan, that one scene just further shows how brave an actress can be, I've never been that shocked when watching her on screen, my hands were shaking and my heart was bating like a rabbit on steroids.

when i was watching this ep... before wil showed up, and she's going around finding things to use... i can't tell you this glee that came over me, that this was a HELEN episode!

amanda is not only a strong actress, she has a charisma that pulls you totally in.

thus ends the fangirl squee.
              That's right, that once scene was this seasons Requiem. I believe in Amanda, I believe and trust that if she's given a role she'll play it to the best of her ability, and which is pretty darn good from what we've seen. She'll make you smile, cry, laugh and she won't let you down. I also believe that whatever is written for her to do, she'll give more than what she was supposed to. I think God there's someone like her around.

*fanboy squee*

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
              I do I do!
              And yes Amanda did a wonderful job, and as many of you have say she deserves some awards for a job well well done...do you hear PTB?

Totally agree PN is a great episode and AT did awesome

About Will; we have to considered he didn't went through what Helen had, he was his normal self and then more reserve in his opinions or comments; so for him the day was just that a regular one, maybe they haven't had problems for days so he just appreciated the time.

As for Helen, you can see she is still perturbed about the whole ordeal; but she wasn't hurt that Will didn't press her on the trip thing; if anything she just took a breather and just walk to the window but not getting to close to Will.

I take that scene as kind of symbolic; a new bright day staring in the Sanctuary and a new chapter in her life now that Ashley is not there...
              I will be equally as shocked if she's not nominated for at least 1 award for anything this season.

You know it's funny you should say that- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwj5ECW4vY

Last edited by Rocky89; 24 June 2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                I was thinking the same thing after we got a cut to the commercial because I was so mad to see Helen treated like that. I am always wary of females being given scenes like this so I was wondering that too.
                Oh, yes me too!
                sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I really liked this one for the dark over tones and the essential end of world feel to it.

Helen went looking for a way to kill herself, well shorten her life, and she ends up causing the infection. Cosmic Irony at it's worst.

I enjoyed the Resident Evil feel to this eppy and the Zombies were way cooler.
                  irony indeed!

so she wanted to shorten her life, and ended up shortening everyone else's but hers!

i mean, (((helen)))

but still
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

irony indeed!

so she wanted to shorten her life, and ended up shortening everyone else's but hers!

i mean, (((helen)))

but still

Totally. Not one of her better idea's. But at least at the end she had the chance to right her mistake and not cause the death of Humanity.
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=AresLover452;10817985]
                      Spoiler:
                      Helen went looking for a way to kill herself, well shorten her life, and she ends up causing the infection. Cosmic Irony at it's worst.

QUOTE]

Helen pretty much have death laugh in her face.
                      sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Yeah, she did.
                        sigpic

Comment

I watched the eps again and when i saw that shower scene i was like they cant do that to her though it was just a prection given the virus it was pritty brutal and hard to watch to .

I loved seeing those Zombie guy's and thing that came out of there mouth it kind of reminded me of Aliens sort of like there extra mouth kreepy .

Will was so stong in this eps i loved seeing that and realy loved seeing Helen make that spear and them fighting the zombie guy it's so cool seeing Amanda kick a**

I agree Aries it was sad hearing what John done but he loved Helen so much he couldnt contiue to live without her that bit blew me away hearing what he done very Romeo,Juliet style Druitt is definatily her Romeo with a very cool darkside
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Absolutely FANTASTIC episode. This might even be my favourite in the entire series to date.

The 'feel' of the whole thing, the kind of Resident Evil/post-apocalyptic thing was bloody brilliant. When they were ripping off Helen's clothes I was absolutely mortified that it was going to be some kind of horrific gang rape, and then it mutated into a not-quite-as-bad (but still unpleasant) Planet of the Apes hosing down. The ruined city and ruined Sanctuary were wonderful to behold; really the entire colour palette/lighting of the episode was wonderful.

My only complaint here is that they really went overboard on the multicam. It's something you all know I'm very displeased with to begin with, but in this episode it felt like they were throwing it in every 5 minutes just for the hell of it. Very jarring.

Besides that, awesome. (And Druitt had an off-screen Dr. Strangelove demise, that's hilarious )
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Yeah she does like to go up on the roof. But with that view can't say I blame her

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              You know it's funny you should say that- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwj5ECW4vY

I knew it

It must be hard knowing and living through outliving everybody you love How much can one go through it before it becomes too much.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh and hey, did anyone else notice that the city backdrop behind the Sanctuary is CLEARLY New York?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X