Normandy (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watched 'normandy' again.

that ending is just beautiful. the music, the sadness of will's grandfather losing his life, the dedication... this scene goes in my top 10 fave scenes from sanctuary.

i wonder what wil would have to say to druitt, if he ever found out that john killed his grandfather's killer?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. One of the things I liked is that though the Five were involved with D-Day they didn't mess too much with the history.
      RD playing grandpa Zimmerman was a bit off to me, but oh well.

I like Helen-Watson working together and can see that they'd have developed a romance for a while. iirc, there was some line from Watson to Druitt about "what you did to her." I have to think it was related to Helen's line in S1 in Kush to Druitt "You destroyed my heart"

Love that Nigel refers to Magnus as "our leader". Good to see more of Nigel's personality.

Comment

yeah, nigel was fun to see.

his gift is the most...humble. to be invisible and use them he has to bare all, to hide he has to reveal himself.

he seems to be the most grounded of them all, the most normal and least arrogant.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yeah, nigel was fun to see.

his gift is the most...humble. to be invisible and use them he has to bare all, to hide he has to reveal himself.

he seems to be the most grounded of them all, the most normal and least arrogant.
          I wonder if Nigel can make only part of his body invisible. must watch the episode again

Comment

Clara could. Her hand becames visible in Revalations pt2

Comment

just re-watching this episode...yet again! and listening closer to their accents, the Nazi abnormal guy's accent is something else!!! did/do they really speak like that? or is that just acting-accents?

Comment

sorry, he wasnt an abnormal, his eyes were merely burned from the elemental!

Comment

Its a very cartoon version of a german accent lol

Comment

^Hogan's Heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by MyMilo View Post
                      just re-watching this episode...yet again! and listening closer to their accents, the Nazi abnormal guy's accent is something else!!! did/do they really speak like that? or is that just acting-accents?
                      The German parts are all a bit clipped, but that´s due to not beeing their native language. Only the "Heil Hitler" they manage to pronounce fluidly.
                      Oh, and Helen is right, Watsons accent is so NOT Bavarian.

Spoiler:
                      I´m probably one of the few who doesn´t need the subs for the German parts.

I also wonder if Helen remembered Will´s grandfather and choose him because of that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Not the only one.

I also wonder if Helen remembered Will´s grandfather and choose him because of that.
                        My thoughts exactly. Helen never does anything without a reason.

Comment

Oh, and Helen is right, Watsons accent is so NOT Bavarian.

Spoiler:

I didn't need the subs, but there were moments where I read the subs simply because it was easier for me.

I can only second that Watsons accent is so NOT Bavarian , but the other guys accent had been way worse!
                          sigpic

Comment

O_O!! I'MDEADI'MDEADI'MDEADI'VEDIEDI'MDEAD!!!!!

I love Normandy....

i normally don't go for Slash but the James/John scenes were just heart poundingly good!

You could see James's pain at just being in the same room with John after the Colonel was gone.
                            sigpic

Comment

I may be a bit confused as to the time line but wasn't it a long time after the five were created. How was Nigel still alive, I thought he got no longevity stuff from the serum.

Comment

it was about 60 years or so after the creation of the five. So nigel must have gotten longevity and if he died then he must have died of non-natural causes or maybe his longevity wasn't as strong as everyone else's (watson, iirc, depended on his machine to keep him alive)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X