Pax Romana (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I have this continuing frustration with how shows treat psychopaths....they will never reform, so why do you waste time trying to reason with them? how come you don't just bloody well kill them and put us all out of your misery???

It just annoys me when shows have people like Adam, who is allowed to terrorize and meddle for months/years on a show, just because no one seems to have the cajones to kill them. I find it tiring. Every time I saw Adam I was like 'ok, so the city can't just incapacitate him? the guards won't kill him? y'all can't start a rock fall to trap him in an airless chamber to die?

it's very frustrating to watch
    This is one of the reasons why I do hope Adam is really dead. I think the show has handled Adam fairly well so far, he was shown to be outsmarting the city's defenses and had hidden allies to help him. Out of the Sanctuary team it was really only Will who kept trying to reason with him I thought, which I think makes sense for the character since he doesn't have the perspective Helen and Druitt have and was more likely to see the victim in Adam.

But by the end of this episode, I see no reason why Druitt of all people wouldn't just kill Adam outright and be done with him, esp after what he did to Helen. I suppose if his minions found his body they could bring him back to life again, but that would feel like too much of a reset to me.

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering. Are fallon's eyes are they suppose to look like cat's eyes or a reptile's or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
        You know, I wondered that too. Wonder if Hyde showed up at a good time. You'd think Helen could spot whether the "signature" (it's so big, can you call it that?) was legitimate or not, though... right?
        you're right, helen would notice.

unless john was 'forced' to write that...

Harmony over conflict, I think it was.
        i think that's it too. i liked the saying

I haven't noticed this, although I refuse to watch sports on NBC for much the same reason. Can't hear the actual dialog over the background noise. I'm pretty particular about the sound. Maybe you should check the settings on your TV? Could be they are sending you one signal and your set is treating it like another. I'll go check it on Hulu.
        i thought maybe it was our tv (since one of the speakers is out), but when i got to hulu and still had probs...

it might just be that the tv and my computer speakers aren't sophisticated enough to handle the higher quality audios? them filming on the red camera; maybe the audio is recorded for better quality, but doesn't come out too well with cheaper type speakers?

i don't know what i'm talking about.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I have this continuing frustration with how shows treat psychopaths....they will never reform, so why do you waste time trying to reason with them? how come you don't just bloody well kill them and put us all out of your misery???
          I also don't like when they either forget that Will is a "forensic psychiatrist" (though sometimes referred to as a forensic psychologist), or that when he tries to say someting ~insightful~ related to his 8/10+ years of university study and practical experience, he always just sounds... stupid. It kind of bugs me from a realistic perspective (as someone who is studying Psychology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist); like doctors who can't watch shows like Grey's Anatomy

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          *ranna was alright, but for someone running the city, it sure seemed like helen was the one figuring stuff out .
          Yeah, I don't get this. For a civlisation of advanced humans and abnormals dating back at least 8,000 years, you think they would be a lot smarter, and more importantly, WISER. But instead they're acting like a bunch of rigid control freaks. (Like for example, in terms of SG-1, compare the Tollen to the Asguard...). It's a bit cliched that these advanced civilisations are always so cruel and anti-outsiders, and this whole "you're being sentenced to death for turning up" or "I have to do it because of the senate" thing is so :/

BTW, we found out why when Ranna executed them, the other people in the room were only hollograms - the senate were hiding in a bunker...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            *how do we know john who really wrote the 'all depts have been paid'? it could have been adam...
            For that part, I was flashing back to when Helen found John stoned out of his mind in Tokyo(?) earlier this season. He said, "leave me alone. I owe you nothing."

And also to the fact that it was John who helped Adam stay alive (for a while, at least) in the water after he had fallen off the cliff after Helen shot him. I'm guessing John felt he owed Helen for 1) not telling her about it, and 2) because it ultimately did keep Adam alive. Thus serving up a whole lot of grief, pain, and illness for Helen in the past few months.

It also probably also goes back to the beginning where John arrives at the sanctuary & forces Helen to give him her blood to keep him alive. Or it could still be that he has felt the need to offer her penance for all of the killing he's done through the years, and all the heartache he's caused her.

Knowing these two, there's a very LONG list of reasons that he's had debts to repay to her.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
              For that part, I was flashing back to when Helen found John stoned out of his mind in Tokyo(?) earlier this season. He said, "leave me alone. I owe you nothing."

And also to the fact that it was John who helped Adam stay alive (for a while, at least) in the water after he had fallen off the cliff after Helen shot him. I'm guessing John felt he owed Helen for 1) not telling her about it, and 2) because it ultimately did keep Adam alive. Thus serving up a whole lot of grief, pain, and illness for Helen in the past few months.

It also probably also goes back to the beginning where John arrives at the sanctuary & forces Helen to give him her blood to keep him alive. Or it could still be that he has felt the need to offer her penance for all of the killing he's done through the years, and all the heartache he's caused her.

Knowing these two, there's a very LONG list of reasons that he's had debts to repay to her.
              wow, you're good! i believe this now.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Ok, watching on Hulu to listen for your audio issues, majorsal, and heard the conversation between Adam and John again.

John: Here's the thing, my dear, sweet little Worth - you best off me now, because when I escape, I'm going to use you to redefine suffering.

Since there isn't an audience here (Helen, Will, etc.) John has no reason to say anything he doesn't mean. So, I'm thinking he tore Adam to shreds - or at least has whisked him away somewhere in order to do so. Let's hope Adam didn't get free in the process.

Also, I do hear what you are talking about. I'm able to understand them, but I do with the sonic atmosphere could be turned down a bit. I'll keep watching and see how it sounds when the girls talk - at least there will be more separation in the pitch so it should be better.
                Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Ok, watching on Hulu to listen for your audio issues, majorsal, and heard the conversation between Adam and John again.

John: Here's the thing, my dear, sweet little Worth - you best off me now, because when I escape, I'm going to use you to redefine suffering.

Since there isn't an audience here (Helen, Will, etc.) John has no reason to say anything he doesn't mean. So, I'm thinking he tore Adam to shreds - or at least has whisked him away somewhere in order to do so. Let's hope Adam didn't get free in the process.

Also, I do hear what you are talking about. I'm able to understand them, but I do with the sonic atmosphere could be turned down a bit. I'll keep watching and see how it sounds when the girls talk - at least there will be more separation in the pitch so it should be better.
                  thanks for what john said, b/c i didn't know he said that!

i seem to have the most prob with female voices (mom too), and i could barely understand anything ranna said! my mom said it's when you add the accent that it makes it even worse.

so, i might be very alone in this, but i hope adam isn't dead. i think the actor (ian tracy?) did a great job with the roll, and i like the reaction we get from helen b/c of him.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Ranna says, "We both believe that harmony is preferable to conflict."
                    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

My favourite part was the turbo lift thingy going up through to the surface...well the underground surface if you know what I mean.
                      Ian Tracy continues to blow me away...I kinda hope that Adam isn't dead if only to see IT on Sanctuary again. But I kinda hope that Adam is dead...finally.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm sincerely hoping he eventually - and sooner rather than later - joins the ranks of the really, truly and most sincerely dead. If he survives this season and becomes some sort of Murdock to Helen's MacGyver, i'm gonna get really fed up.

bad guys need to die. Our characters aren't stupid, but you sometimes see them acting that way to make a plot work...like Will trying to talk down the psychopath.

I can respect the 'give people a chance to redeem themselves', however characters like adam/hyde aren't going to. I mean, at lesat, if you feel the need to talk to them, stun them and tie them up and THEN talk.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sal, I'm not having the trouble that you are in hearing the folks talk. I can see how it can be difficult to know what they are actually saying though, especially if you aren't accustomed to hearing those accents and word choices very often. I have some natural exposure to South African and Australian English on a regular basis, so I think I've been inoculated. (I've come to the point where the words I use have been altered - I say 'basil' the brit way, among others.) So I'm going to recommend for your course of treatment maybe a bit of Top Gear (the real one, not the American version), maybe some BBC news, and of course a strong dose of Sanctuary past episodes.

Oh, and drinking lots of tea. (Actually that's just a way to commune with Helen. )
                          Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 16 April 2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

you want a horrible to understand brit accent..one of the characters on Law and Order UK....he talks to fast and his accent is so thick you have to concentrate....or just catch what you can and ignore the rest
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ranna says, "We both believe that harmony is preferable to conflict."
                              thanks again, woman.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Sal, I'm not having the trouble that you are in hearing the folks talk. I can see how it can be difficult to know what they are actually saying though, especially if you aren't accustomed to hearing those accents and word choices very often. I have some natural exposure to South African and Australian English on a regular basis, so I think I've been inoculated. (I've come to the point where the words I use have been altered - I say 'basil' the brit way, among others.) So I'm going to recommend for your course of treatment maybe a bit of Top Gear (the real one, not the American version), maybe some BBC news, and of course a strong dose of Sanctuary past episodes.

Oh, and drinking lots of tea. (Actually that's just a way to commune with Helen. )

even when i tweaked the sound on my computer (in the speaker enhancements section, i'm using 'equalizer: soft'), i 'still' had probs hearing things ranna said.

it's prob my ears. and mom's. and dad's. forget it.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X