Pax Romana (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't re-watched the ep, this is what I remember from watching:

Starts off well, we get a bit of Druitt and then nothing till the end (SUCKS!). No Tesla and I would have been ok with that if I believed the next ep followed up with what happen in Pax but pretty sure it doesnt.
    Spoiler:
    And Tesla will be AWOL (sp) till ep 16

I wonder who is still alive. Way to leave the door open for the character to return. Hope they have a good explanation to why Druitt didnt skin him alive.

But...
    The ep itself isn't bad, it just isn't WOW and that's what I expected from the 1st ep after a 4 month break.

Why was Kate there again? Oh right for some reason she went down there with them and keeping her dead when they reanimated everyone else would've looked bad.

EDIT : Forgot to mention lol that Helen and Ranna scenes were the best thing in the ep.

Comment

I have this continuing frustration with how shows treat psychopaths....they will never reform, so why do you waste time trying to reason with them? how come you don't just bloody well kill them and put us all out of your misery???

It just annoys me when shows have people like Adam, who is allowed to terrorize and meddle for months/years on a show, just because no one seems to have the cajones to kill them. I find it tiring. Every time I saw Adam I was like 'ok, so the city can't just incapacitate him? the guards won't kill him? y'all can't start a rock fall to trap him in an airless chamber to die?

it's very frustrating to watch
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I have this continuing frustration with how shows treat psychopaths....they will never reform, so why do you waste time trying to reason with them? how come you don't just bloody well kill them and put us all out of your misery???

It just annoys me when shows have people like Adam, who is allowed to terrorize and meddle for months/years on a show, just because no one seems to have the cajones to kill them. I find it tiring. Every time I saw Adam I was like 'ok, so the city can't just incapacitate him? the guards won't kill him? y'all can't start a rock fall to trap him in an airless chamber to die?

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
          Liked this one. Worth the wait.
          I noticed the similarities with stargate, but I guess I'm OK with it.
          The problem with this episode is that it's not easy to understand. I need a re-watch.
          Anyway, to discuss the episode.
          It was indeed well worth the wait. I got 3 Stargate references.

1. When Helen said "Jaffa"
          2. When they said "nanites"
          3. When... Helen or Ranna said "continuum"

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          It was good...very good...very very good. I still love Kate...she has some really cool one liners....as does Henry. I like that Polly Walker's character is good...didn't like her at first but appreciate her now. Gregory....yay! Nuff said.
          Must watch rest of it before I can say more. But yay...they're back!!!!!
          Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          It's nice to see Helen kicking a$$ all over the place again. The scenes between her and Ranna were definitely my favorite.

I do wonder what John meant at the end, "All debts paid in full". Can't wait to find out!

Adam should have probably stayed with Helen after she shot him, it would have been less painful.

All in all a pretty good episode, and a good set up for continuation of the story arc in the future.
          I loved Helen and Ranna working together, it started off a it rocky (mind the pun ) but they were able to gain a mutual trust, and I loved their "bloody hell" line. I also think this episode and the whole Hollow Earth storyline has set the tone for more stories like this in the future.

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
          Boy was in trouble!! john was going to so throw him a beatin!! lol! Loved it!! Course I was distracted by the ripper being all evil and blood lusty and what not!!! lol!
          OMG! I was squeeing a bit when I saw John, and I knew Adam was done for. The look on Adams face was priceless, but I would have still like to see him die.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks Adam isn't really dead?
            nope... he's the kind of character that hides in the shadows for a little while then comes back to cause trouble again... Even though Druitt did catch up with him, Adam does have a track record of people thinking he's dead and actually not being so...
            "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
            -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              It was indeed well worth the wait. I got 3 Stargate references.

1. When Helen said "Jaffa"
              2. When they said "nanites"
              3. When... Helen or Ranna said "continuum"
              Are u sure she said "Jaffa"???
              I guess I missed that. When was it?
              I don't really consider "nanites" or "continuum" stargate references coz they exist outside the Gate-verse. I know "Jaffa" does too, but it has a different meaning. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                Are u sure she said "Jaffa"???
                I guess I missed that. When was it?
                I don't really consider "nanites" or "continuum" stargate references coz they exist outside the Gate-verse. I know "Jaffa" does too, but it has a different meaning. Just my opinion.
                When Helen ws talking to Ranna, she says "Gephallis bertallosso You can hear "Jaffa" in there, or at least I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  When Helen ws talking to Ranna, she says "Gephallis bertallosso You can hear "Jaffa" in there, or at least I can.
                  U have got to be kidding me!!!!
                  And I thought it was really said.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    Yay, I'm glad I no longer have to sit on my hands regarding this ep since iTunes released it early.
                    Same here, I avoided all the speculation threads because I had to keep quiet.

I am so glad Sanctuary is back!!!

There were so many great one-liners: Wills skills in naming things , I love Henry when he freaks out about some toy, "keep a lid on him" so sweet !!!

Adam was a little bit anoying. And I am really sure he will be back. His face when he sees Druitt was simply great. Why are they always trying to reason with him? Stunn him, put him in the SHU, tie him up really thight and ask questions later

One question from my part: Kate's hair ??
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Am I the only one who thinks Adam isn't really dead?
                      No, your not alone. And I think the scene between the team hints to that....
                      Helen-"It's not like John to take his victims with him."
                      Will-"Unless there wasn't much left of him to return."
                      Helen-"And yet the search team found no trace of his remains."

Worth said "you and your tribal alliance in the Senate"..so Fallon wasn't working alone."

Combining what was said in this episode and some spoilers we know (which I'll leave for the spoiler thread)...yeah I don't think he is dead or stays dead.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      The stuff that didn't work so well for me was Adam's part of the episode, I guess I wish he wasn't on his own being up to no good for so much of the ep, and the part with Will trying to reason with him was rather weak. We never got a good answer to what he was really up to, and since Druitt appears to have killed him I'm not sure if we ever will.
                      I think it would have worked better if they showed both Adam and Hyde like they did in Breach. The conflict between the two personalities is what made the character interesting and allowed for some sympathy for Adam and his illness. I do think we got some clues to what Hyde was doing....they just weren't handed to us and left for us to figure out. What it is; I think is probably best for the spoiler thread or PMs....

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Frustrating or just redundant? Seen that action adventure can we go more in depth to it please? As I said to Evenstar, I think they needed to show Adam's side to bring out the complexities to the illness. I agree that just having Hyde run rabid is just......well boring.

I think the securities team plan was to just kill him; but Will convinced them into allowing him to talk to Hyde in hopes to find out what Hyde was up to. (and to give us a clue to what he was planning to do with the device).

Loved the opening Helen/Ranna scene, team's reaction to being "reanimated", and Henry's geeking out .
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was odd that when Ranna and Helen were on top of Kanaan after Helen had helped Ranna back up, that Helen was the one saying it wasn't Kanaan's intention to throw them off, that he was trying to help by stretching out for them. Right, who is the one with a 'neural interface' (that's what the slit-eyed girl said, right?) to Kanaan? I think sometimes they try too hard to make Helen the one with all the answers. It's ok, PTB, we know she's the hero.

ETA: I also wanted to say that I've never been so happy to see John than when he showed up unshackled and ready to pounce on Adam. I really enjoyed that bit. I found it interesting that he wrote "all debts paid in full". It's obvious that he's always been in love with Helen... does this clear a path for them to try to trust and love each other again more intimately? I'm thinking that from his perspective, it does.
                        Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 16 April 2011, 12:14 PM.
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                          I thought it was odd that when Ranna and Helen were on top of Kanaan after Helen had helped Ranna back up, that Helen was the one saying it wasn't Kanaan's intention to throw them off, that he was trying to help by stretching out for them. Right, who is the one with a 'neural interface' (that's what the slit-eyed girl said, right?) to Kanaan? I think sometimes they try too hard to make Helen the one with all the answers. It's ok, PTB, we know she's the hero.
                          Well since Kanaan hasn't been responding to Ranna's calls for some time, the 'neural interface' obviously wasn't working, probably another side effect of the parasite inside him (plus I doubt they're connected all to time and know each other's thoughts). I thought a bigger stretch was Helen making the diagnosis, first in the city and then with the parasite.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh I missed that bit. Ok, I remember her saying he'd not been answering their calls. Watched it twice and still didn't put that together. Hmm, must need to watch it again... oh darn.

Yes, that second diagnosis was a little too convenient. As was Gregory being the only one of his men left alive. Oh well, we'll see if anything comes of it being too easy.
                            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

i rewatched this today on hulu, so i can give a better review. (yes, i only rewatched it for the review )

in random order -

*ranna was alright, but for someone running the city, it sure seemed like helen was the one figuring stuff out .

*how do we know john who really wrote the 'all depts have been paid'? it could have been adam...

*i wish more time or detail could have been done for helen's cure.

*when helen first was revived, the sound was odd. you could tell cateye girl was talking to helen before helen could hear it properly. but there was something in the background, some sound or a person talking from helen's perspective... i wonder what/who it was, and what was being said?

*fantastic visuals of the city. they've come a long way in making it seamless.

*it really wasn't nice to execute them. you'd think for such an advanced society, they'd be more civil with each other. but ranna (and lavaslug creature) both felt that kindness was better than chaos. that's not the right words, so if anyone remembers, type up.

*i understand why wil wanted to talk to adam first, but wil is an idiot when it comes to this guy, so give it up, dude.

*neat visuals or not, operating on lavaslug seemed a bit cheesy.

*i wish helen didn't have a dad, but instead a mom. this feels too close to sam/jacob to me.

*speaking of dad: he died, freezing to death, then was revived by the cabal. so when did all that happen if he was spending time in hollow earth?

*the guy that didn't like henry playing with the tech; he's cute.

my one huge niggling prob... ~below~

*the sound is just awful for me (and my mom). but when i rewatched it on hulu today, the sound was just as bad! i did some adjustments to reduce the background blaring/muffling sound and make the dialog easier to hear. this is a constant problem with this program for me. my mom doesn't even want to try watching anymore, when she misses 50 to 75 percent of the dialog. :/

so anyhoo, not a WOW ep, but a solid one. it's setting up for future relations with the hollow earthers, and left some things dangling to revisit in the future.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                <snip>

*how do we know john who really wrote the 'all depts have been paid'? it could have been adam...
                                You know, I wondered that too. Wonder if Hyde showed up at a good time. You'd think Helen could spot whether the "signature" (it's so big, can you call it that?) was legitimate or not, though... right? Plus, Adam and Hyde are so arrogant, you'd think they wouldn't give up that colorem device and their plans to make a big boom so easily.

*i wish more time or detail could have been done for helen's cure.
                                I think Helen's cure was explained "better" (not that it was actually explained) in the scene with Adam using the same thing on himself. Kind of a shame, but at least she's not facing death at this very moment anymore. There was a lot of speculation that a cure could be handed to them once they got to Hollow Earth, and it was. A little bit lame, but no more so than the instant diagnosis and treatment of Kanaan.

*it really wasn't nice to execute them. you'd think for such an advanced society, they'd be more civil with each other. but ranna (and lavaslug creature) both felt that kindness was better than chaos. that's not the right words, so if anyone remembers, type up.
                                Harmony over conflict, I think it was.

my one huge niggling prob... ~below~

*the sound is just awful for me (and my mom). but when i rewatched it on hulu today, the sound was just as bad! i did some adjustments to reduce the background blaring/muffling sound and make the dialog easier to hear. this is a constant problem with this program for me. my mom doesn't even want to try watching anymore, when she misses 50 to 75 percent of the dialog. :/
                                I haven't noticed this, although I refuse to watch sports on NBC for much the same reason. Can't hear the actual dialog over the background noise. I'm pretty particular about the sound. Maybe you should check the settings on your TV? Could be they are sending you one signal and your set is treating it like another. I'll go check it on Hulu.

Comment

Working...
                                X