Breach (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I *don't* want to necessarily see how she learned to fight. I like that we don't know *everything* about her.
    I'm not only interested in seeing some of how Helen learned to fight (I'm sure we'd never see it all), but also Helen learning other things such as the different languages she speaks. We know she knows Latin, she has spoken Japanese, Zulu, a little bit of Italian. How many does she actually speak fluently?

I don't mind learning more about Helen because there is simply no way for us to know everything about her!

Getting a bit off-topic, I saw an interview with Chris Hyerdahl a while back that was done in Montreal, in French, regarding the Twilight movie. I don't speak French at all, but I found the whole thing incredibly hot. I'd so love to see him and Amanda speaking French to each other.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      ooops! Didn't mean for it to sound like I was correcting anything, sorry.

Though the 100 year thing had me thinking if what he said was accurate, Helen would have been about 60 in 1910 or thereabouts, maybe older, since she now should be about 160 years old.
      I just meant that they would have known each other for many years, from the time of the book up to WW1.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Guess the site I checked had it wrong, it said 1894.
        DDC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          in firewall, kate is asking for money to pay off a source

well, if helen has enough money to pay what i think to be thousands to sources for three hundred years...and Kate even rattled off at least 4 banks where helen has her money, i think 'more money than god' could be an accurate statement.....and certainly makes 945 dollar boots a possibility
          Wow, thanks for the info, Sky.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          LOL, that's for sure! Helen's clothes/shoes are quite designery. I'm sure she pays a pretty penny for most of them. I LOVE Helen's shoes. I was just mildly jealous that my sister actually had the boots I was lusting after, even for a brief time. I will settle for my considerably less pricey Timberlands which were apparently knock offs of the Tods. Who knew?
          Out of everything women wear, shoes are the thing I pay the least amount to no amount of attention to. The only time I've looked at Helen's shoes is when Amanda talked about them in an interview. But yeah, she has great fashion, and isn't that a lot of Amanda's own clothes?

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
          Breach
          Wow, loved the ep. My favorite kinds of sci-fi stories has always been about messing with time somehow (time travel, time paradoxes, time bubbles, you name it) so this was right up my alley
          And IMO this ep is also right up there with Requiem and Pavor, my fav eps.
          I think most things that was on my mind about this ep already have been mentioned, but I’ll have to mention the amazingness that is the combination of IT and AT, wow wow wow. I’ve seen Ian in quite a few things before so I already knew he was fantastic, but this, wow. And did I mention wow?
          So, you didn't like the episode?

The fighting! Helen sure knows how to take a punch and give as well. Some of that stuff was plain brutal.
          And the stunt work and the work Amanda put in was brilliant, very well choreographed and edited. While watching the episode in regular fashion I couldn’t spot the difference between AT and her stunt double at all. However I did some frame by frame watching and I did spot some things (not to so I could nit pick, but because I’m genuinely interested in how these scenes are choreographed and filmed) but I’ll put this in spoilers, so not to burst anyone’s bubble
          The first hit Helen took made me and I was like that until the commercial. I'm glad Helen gave as much as she gave, and won the fight.

Amanda vs. Stunt double
          Spoiler:

Firstly I have to say the match between Amanda and her stunt double was near to perfect, if I couldn’t see the face, I couldn’t tell the difference.

All the throws as far as I can tell, the one where she’s running and thrown against the wall, the one where he kicks her in the stomach and she’s thrown back and when she’s thrown over the counter are all made by a stunt double.

In all the fighting it was sometimes hard to tell, but as a general rule, when it’s full frame (you see them from head to toe fighting it out), it’s stunt double work. When it’s closer framed, like from head to waist or head to knees, it’s Amanda.

But I really think it’s a mix of it all with a little bit of Amanda and a little bit of stunt double. And Amanda still had to learn all the moves to make it look good.

And there’s several places when Helen takes a hit and crashes to the hard concrete floor where it’s impossible to tell if it’s Amanda or not.
          So yeah, excellent work on the fights!

And I couldn’t help thinking that Amanda finally got use for her baton twirling skills on screen
          I still want to hear the podcast and commentary for this episode so we can find out which stunts Amanda did herself. In an interview she did at CC, she said she did most of her own stunts, so... we'll see. And yeah, as to the skill of hers, I hope it was her twirling that rod.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I may be in the minority here, but I *don't* want to necessarily see how she learned to fight. I like that we don't know *everything* about her.
          She's 159 years old she has so much story to tell, she's seen the best and worst of human history, and probably been a part of a lot of it, so... yeah, maybe not know everything about her, but she still has a so much to tell. And yeah, I still want to see how she learned to fight like that.
          Last edited by Rocky89; 29 November 2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post

I don't think she just picked her skills up. For that she moves too confident. That looks like massive trainigssessions ( for Amanda as well) Someone thaught Magnus how to fight, but I'm willing to bet there was more than one teacher involved due to different styles.
            i'm envisioning helen living in japan for a while, under the tutelages of a kungfu master.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

The fighting! Helen sure knows how to take a punch and give as well. Some of that stuff was plain brutal.
              And the stunt work and the work Amanda put in was brilliant, very well choreographed and edited. While watching the episode in regular fashion I couldn’t spot the difference between AT and her stunt double at all. However I did some frame by frame watching and I did spot some things (not to so I could nit pick, but because I’m genuinely interested in how these scenes are choreographed and filmed) but I’ll put this in spoilers, so not to burst anyone’s bubble

Amanda vs. Stunt double

(snipped, and THANK YOU for the list! oh, and i unspoiler tagged it, b/c what i left in isn't spoilery)

And I couldn’t help thinking that Amanda finally got use for her baton twirling skills on screen

now *that* didn't enter my mind, but that had to have worked in amanda's favor!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

are they even doing podcasts this year? I haven't heard about any
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  are they even doing podcasts this year? I haven't heard about any
                  as much as i love them, i don't mind if they 'don't'... it's basically like they do two commentaries for each ep, so the first one (podcasts) gets kind of the best of it... to me.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Ha!!! Two great minds my friend!! I was thinking the same thing while watching her twirl that pipe - just needed some frills on the end.
                    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    as much as i love them, i don't mind if they 'don't'... it's basically like they do two commentaries for each ep, so the first one (podcasts) gets kind of the best of it... to me.
                    I love the podcasts - I also love the commentaries...but I reckon the podcasts are just goofy fun. I want both - the more the merrier!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Has anybody heard or read what the ratings were for "Breach"?

Comment

not yet
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          not yet
                          I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come out tonight
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come out tonight
                            i know. ratings guy is only up to weds ratings now. :/
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ratings are delayed due to last weeks holiday. Travis only recently posted Wednesday's so I'd say tomorrow sometime.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Out of everything women wear, shoes are the thing I pay the least amount to no amount of attetion to. The only time I've looked at Helen's shoes is when Amanda talked about them in an interview. But yeah, she has great fashion, and isn't that a lot of Amanda's own clothes?
                                This is normal given you're a guy and all. Most of my straight men friends don't notice shoes either. I happen to have a thing for shoes, and quite a boot fetish, alas.
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X