Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      time folding?

Tessering?

suse
      gotta love Madeleine L'Engle
      Last edited by suse; 28 November 2010, 04:57 PM.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

For those who were as enamored by Helen's boots as I was, I was talking about them today with my sister, and she said to me: "Oh, I know those boots. I had those boots, but I decided to return them because I wasn't sure how often I would actually wear them. They are $945 Tods boots."

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        So Helen has her bum gun and now she has her bum baton - did you notice her pulling it up and out of her derriere?? Bum baton!!!
        She had the chain wrapped around her waist and the baton tucked into the chain at her back. Not quite as miraculous as the gun bum.

Originally posted by llp View Post
        If he wasn't an abnormal, then how come he's still alive!
        He mentioned accelerating time. I don't think he was only talking about in the building.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

I've heard Damian or Martin (or both) say this is the episode they've wanted to make since Sanctuary started. Why? To make AT do lots of stunts and show a kick-a$$ Helen? To do a time dilation show? To explore the "inner earth" theory?
        I'm guessing it had something to do with the very traditional comic-book feel and the kick-ass fighting. They always talk about the show being like a graphic novel, and this episode was one of the most graphic-novel feeling ones they've ever done IMO.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

well, kate did say that - in not so many words - helen has more money than god

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            it was creepy, along with the scene when she first goes up on the roof (not the intro scene, but the real time one)... she goes up, but just stands there and looks around. the way it was filmed made me feel like adam was suddenly going to pop out at any time. i kept waiting to flinch
            What would have happened if she had jumper, would she have been frozen in time too?

i hope we get a flashback (season 4 hopefully ) that shows just how and when helen learned these fighting skills.
            I still want to see where, when, and how Helen learned to fight. They did an episode of Xena where we saw her learn to fight and use physic powers or something. She went to a female ninja or something.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I'd like to see Helen's workout room in the Sanctuary. She must spend a lot of time there to be in such good shape.
            That is an EXCELLENT idea. A good gym scene would be good.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            well, kate did say that - in not so many words - helen has more money than god
            When was this?

Comment

in firewall, kate is asking for money to pay off a source

Magnus: So, are we financially ruined?

Kate: With your net worth, we'll limp along for about another 300 years.
              well, if helen has enough money to pay what i think to be thousands to sources for three hundred years...and Kate even rattled off at least 4 banks where helen has her money, i think 'more money than god' could be an accurate statement.....and certainly makes 945 dollar boots a possibility

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                in firewall, kate is asking for money to pay off a source

well, if helen has enough money to pay what i think to be thousands to sources for three hundred years...and Kate even rattled off at least 4 banks where helen has her money, i think 'more money than god' could be an accurate statement.....and certainly makes 945 dollar boots a possibility
                LOL, that's for sure! Helen's clothes/shoes are quite designery. I'm sure she pays a pretty penny for most of them. I LOVE Helen's shoes. I was just mildly jealous that my sister actually had the boots I was lusting after, even for a brief time. I will settle for my considerably less pricey Timberlands which were apparently knock offs of the Tods. Who knew?
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

ah heck, i'm too cheap to even own real uggs

I simply cannot imagine paying that much for a pair of boots.

that said, yes, helen does dress well. she's someone who's grown up to appreciate quality, and has always been in the situation to be able to afford it. quality but not ostentation.

sigpic

Comment

Again, I'm wondering about the title "Breach". Was it a reference to breaching time? To the other side getting to this one? To Adam getting into the Sanctuary like Helen's father breached and relayed information to the Cabal? To a breach in Helen's armor of invincibility for screwing up Adam? Could be several or many things, just like Animus.
                    Good ideas. I'm thinking a combination of a breach in time by Adam and breach in Helen's armor.

I've heard Damian or Martin (or both) say this is the episode they've wanted to make since Sanctuary started. Why? To make AT do lots of stunts and show a kick-a$$ Helen? To do a time dilation show? To explore the "inner earth" theory?
                    IIRC, in an interview DK said that MW had been after him since the webisodes about a story where Helen gets left behind after a mission, encounters some kind of abnormal, almost dies after fighting it, then catches up with the others who have no clue what happened to her. I think DK kept saying that that wasn't a story it was just a dream directing exercise for MW, and then he finally found a way to make the story work with Adam as the villain and the hologram city.

sigpic

Comment

i hope we get a flashback (season 4 hopefully ) that shows just how and when helen learned these fighting skills.
                      Joins you in hoping that shows up in season 4 or sooner. I think it would be very interesting to see.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        She had the chain wrapped around her waist and the baton tucked into the chain at her back. Not quite as miraculous as the gun bum.
                        Actually she had just dropped the chain by the bathroom door and heard Adam as he was wrapping his injured arm and saying "it's alright"...she bent down and got her bum baton out of her belt and crept up to watch what Adam was doing.
                        Might not seem so miraculous but still...it was kinda cool.

We still haven't had confirmation for season 4 have we??
                        Did Amanda do all the stunts in Breach or did she also have a stunt double for the really hard stunts?
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

regarding fighting skills, wouldn't that just be something she picked up off hubby? or maybe Ashley taught her.

Comment

I would love to see how she learned all the fighting stuff and her daily workout to stay in shape ( does she use big guy as training partner?)

I don't think she just picked her skills up. For that she moves too confident. That looks like massive trainigssessions ( for Amanda as well) Someone thaught Magnus how to fight, but I'm willing to bet there was more than one teacher involved due to different styles.
                            sigpic

Comment

Breach
                              Wow, loved the ep. My favorite kinds of sci-fi stories has always been about messing with time somehow (time travel, time paradoxes, time bubbles, you name it) so this was right up my alley
                              And IMO this ep is also right up there with Requiem and Pavor, my fav eps.
                              I think most things that was on my mind about this ep already have been mentioned, but I’ll have to mention the amazingness that is the combination of IT and AT, wow wow wow. I’ve seen Ian in quite a few things before so I already knew he was fantastic, but this, wow. And did I mention wow?

The fighting! Helen sure knows how to take a punch and give as well. Some of that stuff was plain brutal.
                              And the stunt work and the work Amanda put in was brilliant, very well choreographed and edited. While watching the episode in regular fashion I couldn’t spot the difference between AT and her stunt double at all. However I did some frame by frame watching and I did spot some things (not to so I could nit pick, but because I’m genuinely interested in how these scenes are choreographed and filmed) but I’ll put this in spoilers, so not to burst anyone’s bubble

Amanda vs. Stunt double
                              Spoiler:

Firstly I have to say the match between Amanda and her stunt double was near to perfect, if I couldn’t see the face, I couldn’t tell the difference.

All the throws as far as I can tell, the one where she’s running and thrown against the wall, the one where he kicks her in the stomach and she’s thrown back and when she’s thrown over the counter are all made by a stunt double.

In all the fighting it was sometimes hard to tell, but as a general rule, when it’s full frame (you see them from head to toe fighting it out), it’s stunt double work. When it’s closer framed, like from head to waist or head to knees, it’s Amanda.

But I really think it’s a mix of it all with a little bit of Amanda and a little bit of stunt double. And Amanda still had to learn all the moves to make it look good.

And there’s several places when Helen takes a hit and crashes to the hard concrete floor where it’s impossible to tell if it’s Amanda or not.
                              So yeah, excellent work on the fights!

And I couldn’t help thinking that Amanda finally got use for her baton twirling skills on screen

Comment

Couldn't quite place the time for Adam's gas mask, but I'm thinking WWI era. Anybody know for sure? That fits with the "100 years" reference, close enough anyway. I'm wondering if Adam didn't come along 50 or so years after the Five and learned of them through Helen's father or Helen's work with him. I guess I don't think he necessarily has to be a contemporary.
                                I don't think the era of the gas mask has anything to do with when Helen originally knew Adam. If Adam was the inspiration for Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde it was well before WWI. Stevenson's novels were written in the late 1800s (J&H in 1894, just looked it up). That would fit with Adam knowing The Five in the late Victorian era. From the way they're dressed in the flashback it looked like she "killed" him early 20th Century, probably in Africa or the Western US based on what she's wearing and the arid, canyon area.

We know The Five had connections in the literary world who were in on at least some of their secrets (Conan Doyle and Watson; Griffith and whoever wrote The Invisible Man). It's probable that they knew Stevenson since from what Helen says it sounds like he based Jeckyl & Hyde on Adam.

Again, I'm wondering about the title "Breach". Was it a reference to breaching time? To the other side getting to this one? To Adam getting into the Sanctuary like Helen's father breached and relayed information to the Cabal? To a breach in Helen's armor of invincibility for screwing up Adam? Could be several or many things, just like Animus.
                                I thought it was a reference to "Once more into the breach" (Shakespeare, Henry V). Once again Helen confronts Adam who she thought she'd killed and seen fall into a canyon - a "breach" in the earth giving the title a double meaning.

Several people have referred to the podcast for this episode. Are they doing them for this season? If so where are they available?
                                DDC

Comment

Working...
                                X