No announcement yet.

Instinct (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it. I wasn´t sure about it and it took some time to get used to it. I don´t like this shaky camera style. Zach was really annoying at first but how he started to flirt with Ashley, it was OK.
    I liked how Will handled the situation - it´s a nice character development since episode 1.
    But I will probably always love Henry I don´t understand why Ryan Robbins isn´t between the main cast because he is just great.
    I loved the ARG in the beginning

The trick in the end was predictable but nice.

I am so sorry that Sanctuary has only 13 episodes. Now, when SGA and BSG are going to end, Sci-Fi really needs some hit.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

not the worst eps by far, but i'm not a huge fan of hte 'cops' type of show. I always feel that the people are just playiing to the camera.

kinda cool to see a different pov and all but it's not one i'll rewatch any time soon.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic episode as usual.

Also, they make silencers for Desert Eagles?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
          Fantastic episode as usual.

Also, they make silencers for Desert Eagles?
          its not a desert eagle that ashley uses. Some custom weapon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            not the worst eps by far, but i'm not a huge fan of hte 'cops' type of show. I always feel that the people are just playiing to the camera.
            I know what you mean, but I didn't really feel that way this time.

kinda cool to see a different pov and all but it's not one i'll rewatch any time soon.
            for the first 15 minutes or so I kept expecting (hoping) the POV would change back to normal.

Comment

I thought this was a fun episode, I too wasn't sure about the way it was shot at first, but it really worked! I got used to the camera shot and Zack talking behind it. I liked seeing the team work together in the field, and Henry being nervous about it being his first time Ashley and Zack, I thought was cute, at first I thought she was just humouring him; I liked it that she was serious, and we see that yes Ashely is a 'normal' 23 year old with her own insecurities about dating. It's just too bad Zack didn't make it

I"m not sure if the reporter was something new to Helen having to deal with, or if she's dealt with many just like her. I think Helen was spot on, having to deal with the giant insect and the reporter (not sure which one was worse )

Even though the camera shots were shakey, the episode went smoothly from the gripping edge of your seat bug hunt, to the ending scene, where we find out they were watching the tape. I really liked the way they did that.

And of course no one puts anything over on Helen...she's been around the block a few times
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Loved-
                The way it was shot, the use of single takes for a few of the scenes rahter than chopping about.
                The ARG at the start... took me a second to realise that was what i was looking at.
                Ashley's bike just randomly placed outside during the teaser.
                Zack shame they killed him.
                Ashley's look just before Zack's untimely demise
                Her lock picking skills

Not so sure about-
                How in the blazes did the team kil the second bug then get past the surrounding cops with the container?

Re- on location or green screen.....

They did film a vast amount on location in the warehouse... but some stuff was done on set with green screen, the small room with the bitten guy was a set with a green screen outside the door.... didn't pick up anything else being green screen though.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

maybe the creatures that look like species 8472 were camra shy, they seemed to have it in for zack the camra guy
                  i noticed that, and thought maybe the creature thought the camera was a big weapon perhaps?

sharing a couple more things i enjoyed:

loved helen tricking zack that the creature was behind them or something, and then said about not liking to be eavesdropped on.

also, when helen told zack to make sure to film/get shots of the creature's body and such, but in super technobabble. mom and i
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    And of course no one puts anything over on Helen...she's been around the block a few times
                    Funny...I was thinking the same thing today at work...Helen has obviously picked up a lot of skills as she's been around a lot longer than most...well ok, all of us!! But one would expect her to be prepared for just about anything after all she has lived through.
                    I love her reaction when they caught the mother bug...so, she still gets excited when she bags one!!! Go Helen!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Forgot to add my favorite Henry bit:
                      Spoiler:
                      After the reporter kisses him, says "call me" and leaves, Henry tries to be all nonchalant and then does that little jump and yells "awesome!". That had me laughing for a good minute.

Actually, probably my fave moment of the ep, but then I'm a sucker for Henry.
                      Otherwise, I loved the Ashley/Zack interation and how quickly she melted for him. Bittersweet.

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        also, when helen told zack to make sure to film/get shots of the creature's body and such, but in super technobabble. mom and i
                        me too! Mandibles & pincers etc. wonderful.

Comment

Good ep. I was hoping Zach woulda made it; I had this idea that maybe he would delete the footage before Stacey(?) used it.
                          I thought maybe the worker guy was going to turn out to be a Cabal agent (you know, get an inside guy at the warehouse to pick up the eggs) it would have explained how the critter didn't kill him right off. And I was glad they didn't do the "bug implanted it's eggs in people" thing; that gets old real fast.

I noticed the bug had an effect on Zach's camera; I also thought that perhaps exposure to the bug might erase the HD, or they would end up using Zach's camera as a detector/bait for the critter!

So, the Cabal in importing killer mantisoid eggs AND turning Profilers into mini-hulks? What is their game, anyway?

Having two bugs running around made all of it make more sense: The one that got fried ran off to heal, bug #2 stepped up and attacked again. Bug #2 gets hit with tranq darts, #1 comes back out while #2 shrugs it off. To us, it looks like nothing hurts the bug(s), but it's all working, just not that we can see.

Ok, so we all saw that Stacey(who looked so hot in that suit!)was going to double cross the team, but what if she hadn't? She would have needed to edit that footage to complete her part of the deal (even though I doubt you could erase all evidence of the team), and if she wasn't a back stabbing glory hound, she would have thought Magnus had screwed HER! Then her next call woulda been to the cops. ("Yes, that old church on the edge of town, officer. They travel all over the place bringing 'people' for 'treatment'. They even have a guy that makes special weapons for them. And, they have a private sub? Yes, I do think they might be terrorists. Just let me know when you perp walk them out, ok?")
                          OH, and it looks like people don't know about abnormals (or, at least Zach didn't).
                          Still, a great episode. Too bad it's all over in 3 weeks. (Then it's BSG,and who knows what else)

Comment

The reporters name was Amy apparently.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Oh man the shaky cam! As mush as I appreciate what they tried to do in this ep, I got so dizzy around half-way through I had to give it up as I was literally close to vomitting.
                              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                                Oh man the shaky cam! As mush as I appreciate what they tried to do in this ep, I got so dizzy around half-way through I had to give it up as I was literally close to vomitting.
                                Yeah, my eyeballs were getting a little freaked out in this one too. I'm pretty sure this is a one-off, though, so we won't have to worry.

One interesting thing that this ep raised for me was the fact that it seems more and more people are finding out about the Sanctuary. I wonder if this is normal for Helen or if this is a new and problematic issue for our team to deal with?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X