Requiem (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    It was a great episode. I think this relatively slow pace, with rising tension is exactly the style that fits to Sanctuary.
    I loved the interaction between Will and Helen. And I loved the word game between Will and Henry I think their relationship has changed since last two episodes, they are more friends than colleagues. And they mentioned Ashley and previous events, which is exactly what I want from a TV show.
    I wasn´t sure about Robin Dunne´s acting so far but he was really good, here. Amanda started to get rid of her Carter manerism and started to act little different which is great. I think she was very good, too
    I am so sorry they have only so few episodes because this show suddenly became from B to A show (speaking of B movies...)
    As Will said to Helen at one point, ... he felt like this was the first time in his life he had a family. So re the Will and Henry part, I can see that they are becoming like brothers. And, in spite of the near kiss between Will and Ashley in "Nubbins", I can see that they are becoming more like brother and sister. And I wouldn't say Helen is a mother figure to Will ... more like an Aunt? And while I agree about the "relatively slow pace" comment, I also thought the story moved along pretty quickly (if that makes any sense) ... maybe because of the suspense. I didn't find any part of it that seemed to drag.

Comment

Thanks to JasminaGo for the screen caps.

I made my first sig line with an image ever.

Edit: oh, fudge, it's not showing up
      Last edited by GateFanSamJack; 06 December 2008, 10:33 AM. Reason: given

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Edit: it's working now.
        Last edited by GateFanSamJack; 06 December 2008, 11:00 AM. Reason: Given

Comment

it may just take time for sigs and any changes to sigs to propogate through all of a person's posts on a forum

glad it'sworking now.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            As Will said to Helen at one point, ... he felt like this was the first time in his life he had a family. So re the Will and Henry part, I can see that they are becoming like brothers. And, in spite of the near kiss between Will and Ashley in "Nubbins", I can see that they are becoming more like brother and sister. And I wouldn't say Helen is a mother figure to Will ... more like an Aunt? And while I agree about the "relatively slow pace" comment, I also thought the story moved along pretty quickly (if that makes any sense) ... maybe because of the suspense. I didn't find any part of it that seemed to drag.
            I know what you mean. That´s why I said "relatively". It´s like one of those atmospheric horrors where is nothing going but you can feel the suspense and its climax in the end
            I was a little disappointed that Will didn´t ask about his mother. I almost expected it when Helen wanted him to ask her.
            And you are right about the brothers and sisters relationship. For me, it didn´t feel right in Nubbins where they almost kissed. There is no sexual tension between them, just pure friendship or care for each other.

I wonder what is Helen going to do when Ashley gets into her age. It would be weird if a daughter and a mother were the same age. And worse, if Helen had to watch Ashley getting old and die. I am thinking if Helen doesn´t prepare Will for her job because she knows she won´t get to this point.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

1. I thought Helen's judgment of Hoover was rather harsh. He wasn't a dummy.

2. When Helen tried to shoot Will, the chamber was apparently empty. So that would have to mean that neither Helen nor Will chambered the first round, right? Isn't that odd given the situation?

Comment

I think the round wasn't chambered because Helen was using it to coerce Will, but she (or a part of her) didn't want to kill him. Will didn't know that so he assumed it was chambered - an oversight that Helen didn't notice until she pulled the trigger.

Helen defended herself when Will went to close the hatch on her while she was underwater and protested dying in the other room although she openly invited death at other times. That makes me wonder if dying was part of the plan, but dying where the parasite could not pass to Will wasn't. There's enough ambiguous about the parasite and what the effect on her was so over analyzing just distracts from the grins.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  1. I thought Helen's judgment of Hoover was rather harsh. He wasn't a dummy.

2. When Helen tried to shoot Will, the chamber was apparently empty. So that would have to mean that neither Helen nor Will chambered the first round, right? Isn't that odd given the situation?
                  After Helen tries to shoot Will and we see that the chamber is empty, Helen walks away but the camera shows the chamber in Will's hand.
                  I presumed he'd taken it out of the gun before he confronted Helen.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    After Helen tries to shoot Will and we see that the chamber is empty, Helen walks away but the camera shows the chamber in Will's hand.
                    I presumed he'd taken it out of the gun before he confronted Helen.
                    I assumed Will removed the magazine while Helen had him pinned.

Comment

The confusion is that there should still have been one round in the gun chamber that would not have come out with the magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
                        Thanks for that explanation. I thought the cardiac arrest thing was really well done.
                        Just one thing, when I said "epi" I didn't mean an EpiPen, I meant the needle which Will turned around to grab which likely had epinephrine in it. 'Cause you have to introduce it right into the heart.. Anyways, that's what I meant, not an epipen....
                        Ah, gotcha. When I see 'epi' I think of the pens first.

The cardiac arrest scene was well done, Will even had the paddle positions pretty correct. I'm a sort of paramedic-in-training, so stuff like that jumps out at me.

And I did watch it for a third time last night.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                          The confusion is that there should still have been one round in the gun chamber that would not have come out with the magazine.
                          Ah, I understand now.
                          sigpic

Comment

The first round isn't chambered until the gun is cocked and, at least in tv shows, when a gun is going to be used to shoot someone we always see the shooter load the gun and chamber the first round. At least that what it seems like to me. If we don't see the first shot chambered, no one's getting shot.

I was impressed by Helen's strength, physically just letting Will have it. I was more impressed that Will managed to remove the clip after Helen had pinned him. It was a heads up move, as they say.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

Most points I was going to make have already been said, loved the beginning, with all of the references to the famous people, loved Henry on the communicator, and I definetely was reminded of Legacy and Machello's Goa'uld . . . bug thingies.
                            I'm glad someone else thought about "Legacy" as well.

I also really hope we get an episode of like flashes of Helen's life. I dunno, like maybe she gets in injured or concussed and needs to keep awake so someone, probably Will, will ask her about some of the things she has seen and we'll be treated to neat flashbacks. Like Helen going all BloodRayne on some Nazi's or something like that.
                            sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

best sanctuary episode ever

9/10

i wonder if those invisible things are related to those other invisible things that made daniel crazy in sg-1 , maybe machello lives in the bermuda triangle
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

What is there to say..................AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.....AMANDA..........AWESOME AWESOME.....

Amanda needs to win an award for this...something...excellent performace.......

AWESOME......

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                                Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Working...
                                X