Requiem (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Oh Sally, this one's for you , Helen talks about going to see the "Mer folk" and that the Mermaid they have at the Sanctuary told them somethings wrong, and Henry tells them how they named the Mermaid-- you reread for this-- Sally . Contrats hon, you have a Mermaid named after you .
    i thought that was what the mermaid was called. i'm honored, i'm on sanctuary!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

and YES, i heard helen's accent revert to her original origins/youth.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

What a terrific episode! Amanda and Robin both delivered powerful performances. Best episode so far. Well done, kudos to everyone involved.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i don't think i'll ever get past the fear that helen's own personal sanctuary is her death....so helen saying to will about her passing it on to him when she's not around anymore.
          I have another 6 hours to wait!
          Assuming Helen wants to pass the Sanctuary onto Will after her death, Helen must be planning on dieing before Will...which has me assuming she definitely doesn't want to be around to watch Ashley grow old and die...so how could this possibly happen?? Unless she has plans in place to end her life or a cure to her immortality??
          From what I have read about the ep...btw, thank you Rocky!! ...I think we're gonna be hard pressed to find another ep better than this one...for this season at least!
          6 freakin' hours...I can't believe I have to wait 6 more hours...D'oH!!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

lol, i was semi-disappointed about the name for Magnus' submarine. Surely they could have gone with something abit less cliched than the Nautilus - hell Magnus could possibly have been on one of the various British or American subs that have been named Nautilus. Something more personalised would have suited better imo.
            Also, that begs the question of what does teh US Navy know about her? Surely an unknown sub cruising around the Atlantic ocean over the years wouldn't have gone unnoticed right in the US navy's backyard - certainly not during teh Cold War when the US submarine forces were at the top of their game tracking Soviet subs.

Also, lol at Magnus' involvement in WW2. There better be an episode with a flashback to her fighting Nazis in WW2. Abnormal Nazis. ZOMBIE NAZIS. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Comment

This seems to be a standard way for me to start a post, but... WOW!!!!!

I was really looking forward to this episode for a long time, but it went beyond anything I expected. Everything was just perfect. The writing, the directing, the music...but Amanda's performance simply blew me away. Again WOW!!! Helen slowly loosing her mind, trying to hold on and figure out what's wrong, (when the pain started the second time and she had tears in her eyes I just wanted to hug her. ), her interactions with Will, the feelings about Ashley and what her longevity means to her...not to mention every single crazy moment she had. It was all brilliant.

Also Helen seemed very strong physically, not just that she slapped Will around a few times (), but when he tried to close the hatch, he had his weight on top of it, and yet Helen pushed it away with one hand, without much trouble.

Watching this episode makes me want to see Amanda play a bad guy...girl in a movie.

All in all, congrats on the Sanctuary team for another amazing episode.

Also I made around 500 caps, free to use them for what ever you want. 09 Requiem.zip

p.s. I just wanted to add another WOW!!!
              sigpic

Comment

WOW!! Best episode of Sanctuary by far! You don't need all the green screen and special effects for a fantastic episode. Amanda and Robin were amazing! Bravo to them and Martin Wood and Damian. I also loved all the character moments that others mentioned. I hope we get more of this in Season 2.

One thing that I miss in Sanctuary so far, is that there is little shown of what Helen did in the past. Yes, there was a little in The Five, but that was just 1 moment, when "the 5" injected themselves. I am waiting for a episode where we see Helen during WW1 or WW2 or the Great Depression where we see what she was doing, how she is dealing with her friends and lovers getting old and dying (what does she tell them when they see she is not aging).

Comment

Well, I guess my only comment is I hope whoever is in charge of award nominations (Gemini, Saturn?) was watching this episode! Both performances were award-worthy.

Comment

I agree with you, Hedwig! Amanda and Robin were both simply phenominal! I've never seen AT act like that! Incredible!

Most points I was going to make have already been said, loved the beginning, with all of the references to the famous people, loved Henry on the communicator, and I definetely was reminded of Legacy and Machello's Goa'uld . . . bug thingies.

The only thing that keeps this from being my favorite episode is the lack of Ashley, Bigfoot, and Henry for most of the ep. I like teamy episodes, where every character has a substantial part ("The Five" did a pretty good job of using every character), but that's purely my own preference.

Kudos to both Amanda and Robin, as well as Martin and the other PTB. Wonderful ep!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Holy Hannah! What a fabulous episode.

I agree with all the previous comments - loved all the historical references, the claustrophobic feeling in the sub, the cgi, the dialogue, and especially the acting.

The looks and glances Amanda makes all through the episode shows that she can play evil so well!

I was blown away by the acting, especially in the death scene and the resuscitation scene, and the timing of Helen grabbing Will's arm was spot on.

I'm off to watch it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just when I think I couldn't love Sanctuary more, an episode like this comes along and truly blows me away. Amazing episode all around!

I tend to stay away from the interviews and such because I don't like spoilers, but people keep referring to Amanda saying this was some of the bravest work she has ever done. When did she say that? Is it a video interview? Audio? Print? Now that I've seen the ep, I'd like to hear what she had to say about it.

I need to go back and watch it ASAP!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

The grins...

Liar! You bloody liar!

This was too good. I'm at a loss for words.

Like a drug...I'll bet Magnus knows from experience.

I just have to see more evil AT. It's like sunshine.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Ah, agonal respirations are deep, gasping breaths a person makes just before they go into cardiac arrest. I don't often see actors do that just before they 'die' (they usually act like they're choking on something) so I was impressed to see AT doing them.

I couldn't see what med Will was going for, but I doubt it was an epipen, since that doesn't do much good for a person in cardiac arrest.

Oh, I must have missed Helen blinking, thank goodness I've got the ep recorded. Hmmm, is watching it three times in one night too much?
                            Thanks for that explanation. I thought the cardiac arrest thing was really well done.
                            Just one thing, when I said "epi" I didn't mean an EpiPen, I meant the needle which Will turned around to grab which likely had epinephrine in it. 'Cause you have to introduce it right into the heart.. Anyways, that's what I meant, not an epipen....

Comment

Oops, and I was just gonna say: 3 times in one night, not too much

Comment

It was a great episode. I think this relatively slow pace, with rising tension is exactly the style that fits to Sanctuary.
                                I loved the interaction between Will and Helen. And I loved the word game between Will and Henry I think their relationship has changed since last two episodes, they are more friends than colleagues. And they mentioned Ashley and previous events, which is exactly what I want from a TV show.
                                I wasn´t sure about Robin Dunne´s acting so far but he was really good, here. Amanda started to get rid of her Carter manerism and started to act little different which is great. I think she was very good, too
                                I am so sorry they have only so few episodes because this show suddenly became from B to A show (speaking of B movies...)

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X