No announcement yet.

Edward (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. They are getting better and better every week!

When I first saw Edward's mum I kind of had the feeling that this actress is related to Amanda. They looked similar. Did someone have this feeling too?

Comment

Just finished watching and have to admit I loved it but what else is new?

Lots of issues in this one that only makes you want to return to see how they are dealt with in latter eps such as Helen and Ashley's relationship and Henry's change. What I loved about this one is seeing that abbys have a hidden, unseen side that most don't notice at first glance. Most see these hideous 'monsters', but if you look closer there's also a side that can be a benefit as well. Henry struggled with this himself and found that hidden part of him that I can't wait to see him use later to help others more with and the Sanctuary.

Comment

Enjoyed this episode very much. I lot of what I have to say will repeat other comments but I'm too lazy to be multi-quoting!

Thought the guest cast did a wonderful job. Both the actor who played Edward and actress who played the mother were excellent.

Loved Helen, as always. Love her sense of humour (there is such a thing as before my time) and, as I said before, I loved "cheeky monkey". Great scene between her and Ashley. Shows how very much they care for one another and hilarious that this important discussion takes place on the firing range! So Helen/Ashley! I really like the way Ashley is handling the news. My only quibble is that I was expecting a little more about it beyond the one scene. I hope we continue to see them dealing with it.

I also loved the Helen/Henry scenes. Felt so sorry for Henry and love Helen's compassion for him. Beautiful. So Helen has cared for Henry since he was a child and had an experience with Will when he was a child. I guess that kills the urge to ship her with either of them (jckfan will be happy ) as it would be just too creepy!

The drawings were fabulous. Hope we get to see who did them or how the were done on the DVD extras. I thought the Unas drawing was a nice inside joke.

Love Bigfoot's continued care/concern for Henry but also that he clips him in the back of the head like a big brother.

Loved seeing Kavan again. I hope he continues to appear from time to time.

Liked how the story unfolded and that, in the end, it was a suicide. Nice "twist". Really like how the drawings revealed the story.

I agree it is the Cabal who took the body. I hope we get some payoff with the Cabal before the end of season 1.

Really looking forward to the next episode! Why do we have to wait two weeks? Is there some special programming on for the American Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Just a little tidbit, but did anyone else notice if when Henry had his flashback of attacking the dragon creature, his nipple piercings suddenly disappeared? I could have sworn they did but perhaps I was simply seeing things (or NOT seeing things!)

Not that I was looking!
          Yes, I noticed a "now you see the nipple rings, now you don't." I was wondering why they disappeared, too.

I was startled when I saw them, because I started thinking, do those rings say more about Ryan Robbins' personal life, or is this something that his character would have?

I thought it was an odd choice to leave the rings, if they really were Ryan Robbins. I thought it kind of ruined the effect of what he had just transformed into. "Does that werewolf really have nipple rings?" is not the first question you want your audience to be thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Really looking forward to the next episode! Why do we have to wait two weeks? Is there some special programming on for the American Thanksgiving weekend?
            Yes, most people don't watch much TV during Thanksgiving because of so much travelling and because a lot of families get together and watch football, some simple family 'G' rated family fare, or nothing at all.

I have spent many Thanksgivings with a football game on in the background while we work on puzzles, play card or board games, or just chat.

It would be a waste of a new episode to have it air during Thanksgiving. Same thing for Labor Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, etc.

I noticed that SciFi is airing a "Mork and Mindy" rerun this coming Friday. Nothing like showing a TV classic over 30 years old to say no one will be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by A Mal Doran View Post
              Yes, I noticed a "now you see the nipple rings, now you don't." I was wondering why they disappeared, too.

I was startled when I saw them, because I started thinking, do those rings say more about Ryan Robbins' personal life, or is this something that his character would have?

I thought it was an odd choice to leave the rings, if they really were Ryan Robbins. I thought it kind of ruined the effect of what he had just transformed into. "Does that werewolf really have nipple rings?" is not the first question you want your audience to be thinking.
              Nah, they were there. I checked...and I checked again. Just to be sure, ya know?

It doesn't bother me a bit that they kept Ryan's body piercings in the shot. (You can see them in The Guard, too.) So many people of my generation have body piercing and tattoos (including myself) that it doesn't really indicate a lifestyle choice to me anymore. They probably won't even mention it in the show. Kinda like when a show returns after a season and a actor/character has a new haircut or color. Unless that hair features prominently in the show, what's the point in mentioning it? And a werewolf with nipple and belly rings? They're flying in the face of tradition as far as most of these "monsters" go, anyway. Bring it on!

mfw

Comment

or, maybe he wore the rings hoping that the silver would stop his change, when it didn't work, he took them out?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                  I was wondering how much time will take for Amanda in order to make references to stargate. In this episode i saw the first: UNAS.
                  i missed the unas and the wraith!

can someone post the pics of these creatures from 'edward'?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A Mal Doran View Post
                    Yes, most people don't watch much TV during Thanksgiving because of so much travelling and because a lot of families get together and watch football, some simple family 'G' rated family fare, or nothing at all.

I have spent many Thanksgivings with a football game on in the background while we work on puzzles, play card or board games, or just chat.

It would be a waste of a new episode to have it air during Thanksgiving. Same thing for Labor Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, etc.

I noticed that SciFi is airing a "Mork and Mindy" rerun this coming Friday. Nothing like showing a TV classic over 30 years old to say no one will be watching.
                    meh....not everybody gets together and has their little 'storybook' family holiday times. Depends then who your asking if it's a 'waste' to air new episodes during these times. Personally, I just wish I could fast forward all holidays till next year all ready.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i missed the unas and the wraith!

can someone post the pics of these creatures from 'edward'?
                      Here you go Sal

Spoiler:

And if anyone is interested, over 470 caps free for use
                      08 Edward.zip
                      sigpic

Comment

Another great ep. Actually there's hasn't been a bad one so far. All the other thoughts have been said already.

I noticed the Unas, but not the Wraith. Of course now looking at those holes in the face and teeth, I see it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          meh....not everybody gets together and has their little 'storybook' family holiday times. Depends then who your asking if it's a 'waste' to air new episodes during these times. Personally, I just wish I could fast forward all holidays till next year all ready.
                          I like something to watch other than football once the turkey coma hits.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            My family likes to watch Star Wars (original trilogy) after holiday meals. That way we don't miss anything we haven't already seen and we don't have to worry about what the kids are watching as we zonk out in the easy chairs when the tryptophan hits.

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              I think the problem is that on Friday when Sanctuary would normally air, people are engrossed in the black Friday ritual of after-Thanksgiving shopping and those 'out of towner's' probably wouldnt think it polite to sneak away from granny's couch to wrap themselves up in the tv for an hour. *shrug*

Comment

Loved this episode. Everything worked so well. The best so far IMO...although I've yet to see the Five as I watched this one out of order.

Yep I noticed the Unas but not the Wraith...

About the body and files disappearing at the end....Did anyone notice that the clothing which Will and Henry were looking at ( and which Henry used for tracking) came out of a Police dept box. The same logo on the container that held the photos that Joe Kavanaugh had in the car.... So Helen does have connections at the Police Dept. it seems.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X