No announcement yet.

Edward (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought it might be Helen calling in favours, or if she has friends high-up. it strikes me as likely that she would, seeing as how she's had a while to make connections...

i thought Will was not so much surprised as... well, i'm not really sure how to describe it. I thought it was going back to the discussion he and Helen had about how "one of [them] would be uncomfortable" because Helen would cover things up to protect Edward....
    thoughts?

Comment

I'm still absorbing tonight's episode. I quite liked it. There were some really good moments in it - all the ones where Helen, Ashley, Will, Bigfoot were individually so supportive of Henry. Love the scene in Henry's room between he and Bigfoot where he stuck his foot in his mouth about "monsters" and had to backtrack, and then Bigfoot said one of the best things about being who he was was that he now had Henry for company. That was really sweet.

I was a tad disappointed that there wasn't more between Helen and Ashley about Ashley finding out who her father was. I thought that was skipped over lightly and there should have been a bit more - but I'm sure that will come in later episodes.

I did notice that drawing that looked like a Unas. It took me a moment to realize what the drawing looked like.

For awhile I thought it was Robby who had shot the father. I didn't expect the actual outcome to that. Though I was a bit surprised that it was Will and Helen who discovered the trap door. Made the police look sloppy in their investigation that they didn't find what was right under their feet (so to speak).

Edward was a good character. I suspect he and Robby will be back in a future episode or two.

I notice that Will appears to be going with the messy hair look. It's really cute.

And watching the target practice with Helen and Ashley ... well, I certainly wouldn't want to be on her bad side when she's angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
        i thought it might be Helen calling in favours, or if she has friends high-up. it strikes me as likely that she would, seeing as how she's had a while to make connections...

i thought Will was not so much surprised as... well, i'm not really sure how to describe it. I thought it was going back to the discussion he and Helen had about how "one of [them] would be uncomfortable" because Helen would cover things up to protect Edward....
        thoughts?
        Yeah that could be it too... We do know that Helen has connections at the Police Department.

Comment

i just wanted to say that about the Ashley thing... So far I like how they've handled it. I mean, Ashley's grown up with all this life-and-death stuff, and it always struck me that she's mature in a lot of ways. I like how she's handling the thing with Druitt, because it always bugs me when characters go into these sulks because they weren't told something... I know that Helen should've probably told her before John did, but I like that Ashley at least appears to be trying to consider Helen's point of view

Comment

omg! there's a unas in this episode i missed the first showing so i just started watching but i noticed the unas right away!
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

I just have to ad that the actor who portrayed Edward did a wonderfully convincing job of portraying a young man with Asperger's syndrome. Actors tend to overdo it sometimes when they play handicapped characters, but this guy's was spot on.

mfw

Comment

I really liked this episode as well, the Edward character was very interesting, and I think the guy who played him did a great job. I hope with a season 2 pick-up they can revisit characters like him and Sophie.

I liked how they showed the mystery of the case gradually unfolding, from suspecting the father was the bad guy, to the mom and Edward, to Robbie, to finally realizing that the father did kill himself and was just trying to protect his sons.

I really liked Henry's story as well, especially the library scene with Helen and the scene with Bigfoot, and how he was able to use the positive aspect of his new powers to find Robbie.

So, for everyone who saw it, what'd you think? I, personally, loved it. and I watched it with my lil sis and we rewound and watched the part with "there is such a thing as before my time" and "cheeky monkey" about 8 times.
                I loved that part, I laughed at the 'before me time' remark and giggled when Helen said 'cheeky monkey', what great lines. I noticed the Unas too, that was a cute inside joke. And some of the other 'demons' Edward drew did look Wraith-ish.

Loved the part with Ashley when she said that it wasn't the fact itself, but that she didn't learn it from Helen...
                Loved that line as well. I really like that Ashley is handling the revelation with more maturity than in the webisodes. And I just have to add that I really like the director of the episode, he threw in a great canted angle shot when Helen was trying to get Ashley to talk that was quite cool. And I thought the opening teaser was very well done, setting up the events and emotions of the crime scene without any dialog.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                I was surprised that we only saw one scene with Helen and Ashley. After last week's promo I thought it would play a bigger role in the story.
                As much as I loved the scene, it felt kinda forced into the episode since there was no follow up at the end, and it had Helen changing costumes rather quickly.

I think maybe it would have been better to defer the scene to the episode after Requiem and have Ashley be rather closed off to Helen in this episode, which I didn't really see outside of the gun scene. Then the events of Requiem, where it seems like Helen's life is in danger, could act as the catalyst for Ashley to open up a bit to her mom again.

I thought that it was Helen pulling strings to get things covered up... do you think the Cabal was slowed down by the events in Rome? losing a bunch of people?
                I thought it was the Cabal picking up the body, since Kavanaugh mentioned several black vans and Will seemed surprised by that. From the description of the Calab in Fata Morgana, 'one James Bond film from global domination,' I think it's a big enough organization that the dozen or so guys it lost in Rome won't really slow them down.

The promos for Requiem look great, I can't wait. I don't think I've ever really seen AT act 'crazy', which should be fun to watch.

sigpic

Comment

as always, i'll give my full review tomorrow. stupid getting up at 4:30am is death

this was a well done ep, but it felt like an episode of law and order or cold case, with some scifi thrown in.

is it wrong to want all 40 something minutes to be just helen?

i'll read and review tomorrow. night all!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Just gotta be quick - very tired. But I LOVED the episode - it was really packed with so much!

Best part was Bigfoot and Henry together - the 'gifts' talk. I really liked that, then to see Henry use his gift of heightened smell to find the boy...that was a nice arc for the character in this episode. I really felt for Henry, but also for Bigfoot.

I also really like Edward, the actor did a great job. I didn't mind seeing only a little of Ashley - she's a strong character and she would have overpowered this episode since so many other things were going on. It was good to see Kavan Smith again. I'm convinced it was the Cabal who took the body, suggesting more trouble from them down the line. I thought it was a well-balanced episode with personal struggles and soul-searching, a mystery, and mild action all wrapped into one.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

pretty good episode, i enjoyed this one alot

im enjoying seeing wills power manifest
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

WOW. Great twists in this ep. While before it wasn't always too hard to figure out who the bad guy/girl was, this one had me all wrapped up. Edward's dad went from the abusive husband and father, to just a guy with problems in dealing with his abnormal powers, and trying to protect his family from it all. The end wasn't something I expected either. There was no killer... Turned out to be a suicide after all...

Also loved Henry's story. Fighting to accept who he is and what he'll become. I really hope that in the future we get to see exactly how and why he ended up in Helen's care. The scene between the two of them in the library, was very touching. As was the scene between Henry and Biggie. And the one between Henry and Ashley.

For the Ashley angle. I liked how they handled it. There are still issues to be solved, but Ashley is adult, and while she is hurt, she works through it, in her own way, without letting it affect her work, or turn into a bratty kid that throws a tantrum all the time.

I'm still torn as to who took the body at the end. Was it Helen or the Cabal?

Favorite lines:
                        'There is such a thing as "Before my time"

Really?

Cheeky monkey.'

Lovely to see KS again. Cool nod to Stargate with the Unas. And amazing performances all around. Especially that kid that played Edward.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          as always, i'll give my full review tomorrow. stupid getting up at 4:30am is death

this was a well done ep, but it felt like an episode of law and order or cold case, with some scifi thrown in.
                          Getting up that early is bad, but without you, how would they get the place started off right? . And yeah, it did feel like an law and order story .

is it wrong to want all 40 something minutes to be just helen?
                          You may get just that in Requiem .

i'll read and review tomorrow. night all!
                          I can't wait for your review .
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 29 November 2008, 06:13 AM.

Comment

how old is henry?

cause it looks like he may be almost as old as helen, going by his clothing in the flashbacks
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I totally enjoyed this episode!!

The acting was great, the artwork was beautiful, and the story engaging.

I love that Henry has more backstory, and Ryan Robbins did a great job!

Were-person? Yipes. Pineal gland and pituitary gland abnormalities. Perfect. Circadian rhythm abnormalities and crazy growth/ abilities. Just what a werewolf needs hehe.

OT a bit:

Spoiler:
                              I wondered in this episode and the last one (?) why the primitive brain structures are what Helen considers responsible for the next step in human evolution? I think Helen said the first brain change seen in abnormals is a change in the hypothalamus? (or thalamus, I can't remember). Either way, the thalamus and hypothalamus are some of the most "primitive" brain structures we have. The cortex, frontal lobes, etc... supposedly came later. Anyhoo, I just wonder what twists and turns Egan and Kindler have up their sleeves, and it makes me curious where they will go with this. Primitive is relative, I guess.

Biggie has a soft side! He was so sweet taking care of Henry and talking him down from his anxiety.

The actor playing Edward did a fantastic job!! Cool overall premise, and nice plot twists at the end.

I also liked that the cast seemed to really gel in this one - the comfort level and interactions seemed much more natural this episode.

I wasn't expecting to like this episode (don't ask me why ), but I really liked the story, the acting, the whole thing.

The episodes just keep getting better!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                how old is henry?

cause it looks like he may be almost as old as helen, going by his clothing in the flashbacks
                                Good question.

I need to re-watch.
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X