Sanctuary For All (101-102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post

In the second half, Amanda flipping had me twisted around her finger. Well, first off, my jar LITERALLY dropped when she went to "talk" to the mermaid. From any scene on with her, she was soooooooooooooo hot, but I was also very entranced in the story.
    i loved that scene too, especially because it was so unexpected after seeing the webisodes. it was very cool to see her doing that, and it gave a wonderful impression that some of her, uh, inmates are, indeed, there because they want to be.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Loved it. So worth the wait.

I enjoyed the expansion on the backstory, and the slight plot changes that made it that little bit richer.
      ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

I already have my theories about Helen's blood.

please share! (in spoilers of course )
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
          Most of the webisodes began with a flashback into her life.
          i can not wait to see her life's journeys shown to us!!! helen's such an enthralling character. she kind of reminds me of xena, in only that she's lived and seen some dark things that have shaped her to someone very intense.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I think helen is going to be far from a 'lily white pure and always right heroine', i think she's going to be very flawed. i think she's been doing what she thinks and feels is 'right' and doesn't quite care if it's really the best choice overall.

I think, more than once, she's going to have to face the fallout from her decisions. and pay the price for her beliefs. (snip)

i LOVE this idea!!

(i would have went into this more, but i'm trying to hurry so i can watch the ep with my mom )

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              I really enjoyed the tension in the final scene between Will and Helen about her not keeping things from him if he's going to work for her. After so many years Helen is probably so used to guarding her many secrets that it must be difficult for her to be completely honest and open with anyone.
              loved that scene!, with helen saying she just told him her deepest and darkest secret. wonderfully played by amanda!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

i think helen almost started to collect secrets. not meanly, just kept one to help this person, another to help this, better off if they don't know that, let's not tell them this...and after 157 years, those little white lies have added up.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think helen almost started to collect secrets. not meanly, just kept one to help this person, another to help this, better off if they don't know that, let's not tell them this...and after 157 years, those little white lies have added up.
                  I agree, and I also think she probably justified it to a certain extent because her longevity allowed her to take such a long term view on situations that most people couldn't.

She can keep a secret from someone knowing that 10 or 20 years down the road it may not be as big a deal anymore to that person, but it'll still be a burden Helen has to bear, and would affect how she interacts with that person.

It makes me wonder if there's ever been someone with whom Helen could have had a completely honest and open relationship and not be hiding something.

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, like maybe a telepath? someone she CAN'T keep a secret from?

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, like maybe a telepath? someone she CAN'T keep a secret from?
                      Oh....that would be very interesting to see. Maybe something for season 2?

sigpic

Comment

well, there's always the possibility that something from one of the current resident's pasts comes back to 'haunt' them

we can slowly learn backstories of the current residents

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it! Of course there are things I liked and missed in the webisodes but the episode are just another awesome variation. Really liking Henry's addition (hush Ann). John and Helen scenes do definitely rule. So why did it take me so long to post...well anyone interested in some caps?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            I really enjoyed it! Of course there are things I liked and missed in the webisodes but the episode are just another awesome variation. Really liking Henry's addition (hush Ann). John and Helen scenes do definitely rule. So why did it take me so long to post...well anyone interested in some caps?

"Hey I can't help it if Jan likes my new smart ... alec ways"
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 04 October 2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

i enjoyed the premier even more the second time!!

and a scene i'd not picked up on the first time was when john had just taken ashley away and helen quickly went to the computer to look at the monitors to find ash... i LOVED how amanda acted this scene!! i was with my mom and as soon as the scene was done, i asked her if i could rewind it to see it again. i'd not noticed it last night, but this time... wow, amanda's voice, that inflection of fear and the look on her face... wonderful!!

and one of the scenes i said had odd or poor editing (john grabbing ashley and helen seeming to be suddenly upset) didn't come off that way the second time. maybe because i was knowing what to expect? i don't know, but i feel differently about it now.

sometimes something has to be seen a second time to pick up on things and to feel the full essence of it. watching it again has made me fall for it. and by the time the last scene had finished playing, and i saw just helen's face on the screen... i'm falling in love with this character, just the way i did with sam.

my score's went from 4 to 4.5. yes, the extra half means something.

BRING ON MORE SANCTUARY!!

BRING ON MORE HELEN!!!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

OK guys, sorry it took so long for me to reply, I saw the show last night, and
                                WOW!!!

The opening shot of the city was amazing, it looked so wicked and real, like something out of a PS3 video game , and as I was watching it, I thought "Oh wow, this is real, it's finally here" . I of course payed close attention to the opening credits, looking for Amanda's name, and BOOM, and big smile came to my face when her name came up first, it just made it official that yup, she's the star . For a good part of the start, I was waiting for Helen to show up, and I was a little impatient I thought the shots of the "murder" scene was cool, mostly after Will shows up to check it out, I liked how he was smart about it, and how he didn't miss anything, but a big surprise was seeing Lorne, eh Sky, your man . But one of my favorite scenes/moments of the show was when Helen hit Will with her car , I'm thinking "She's 157 years-old and she still doesn't know how to drive? I hope Amanda's not like that ."

Now this is gonna sound a little silly and corny , but this is my most favorite moment in the whole series right now, and I'll never forget it, up until last night, I had never really seen Helen before, only Amanda with dark hair, and in promo pics and vids and stuff like that, but when I saw her for the first time, as she looked down at Will, a big smile came to my face again, I was just so happy to see her, and I actually said, out loud too, "It's nice to finally meet you Helen " just before she said "This is not how I hoped we'd meet". At that moment I said "It's fine with me" . I hope that didn't sound corny .

Anyway, the scene outside the hospital with Helen and Will was cool, the scene where they arrive at the Sanctuary was wicked because the look of the sky, stars and moon was really cool. And the shots inside the Sanctuary and of the creatures were really cool. Most of the time I was like "Wow." Every time I saw the "snake" coming out of the boys chest I kept think it looked like a goa'uld . I really liked the scene with Helen and Will talking in a room, and I really liked her speech, and I thought "Wow, she's really the star, this is her show" .

One part that stuck with me was when Helen and Will were on the roof, and she was trying to convince him to join, and she said "It's a massive leap of faith". As soon as she said that, I kept thinking of all the times in interviews Amanda said leaving SG and coming to Sanctuary was a big big leap of faith on her part. I really do think that was definitely a reference to Amanda. Anyone else think so?

The scene with Helen and the Mermaid was really calm and sweet, and how could I forget the scene with Helen and Ashley teaming up to find the boy. The part that scared me a little was when Helen and John were talking, and he started getting mad and yelling, I thought he was gonna hit her , and I'm thinking "oh, don't you dare, don't you dare." And the last scene with her and will was really sweet, and I liked that scene with her and an 8 year-old Will, it was really touching.

The show really met my expectations very nicely and although I wanted more-- a lot more Helen scenes, of course . Amanda was amazing, and top-notch, it was a fantastic feeling to see her staring in her own show, being the lead, the boss and I really can't wait for some Helen centred episodes. I'm really looking forward to requiem. I thought the show was amazing, and even though some my not see the pilot episode as super, I thought it was a way to start the series, and best of all, the premiere was only 90 minutes for me, because The Movie Network has no commercials . You know, I never saw the pilot episodes of SG-1 or Atlantis when they first came out, and I'm really, very proud and happy that I got to see this shows pilot, Amanda's show .

And as the show went on, I kept looking at Amanda/Helen's hair, it was really cool seeing the new Amanda and Helen for the first time, and I loved it. Oh, and I loved the ending credits, the music was creepy and wicked, and mysterious, and I liked that, and the best part of the ending credits was when I saw Amanda's name under the Executive producer title. *Wink* Can't wait to see the opening credits next week, and more Amanda/Helen screen time.

Ok, I've like posted this same thing on 4 threads now .

Comment

Working...
                                X