Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, no offense to the 'foreigners' but do what you want

cause the only ratings that will keep the show on the air is US ones. canadian and international sales will HELP, but what'll keep skiffy's pocketbook open is people watching skiffy

so yeah, maybe a good phrase is 'watch it live when it airs for you'...and those of you that bend the space time continuum by watching it before it airs legally.....just please watch it when it DOES air
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      well, no offense to the 'foreigners' but do what you want

cause the only ratings that will keep the show on the air is US ones. canadian and international sales will HELP, but what'll keep skiffy's pocketbook open is people watching skiffy

so yeah, maybe a good phrase is 'watch it live when it airs for you'...and those of you that bend the space time continuum by watching it before it airs legally.....just please watch it when it DOES air
      That's a much better way to phrase it.

I always watch it when it's on tv.
      sigpic

Comment

In Germany it´s not even aired, not season 1, nothing So I´m happy I can watch it in YouTube. Is YouTube legal or ilegal?

Comment

i do my best to watch it on tv, and i'm glad that they repeat it at 12 because that makes it a lot easier to do.

i want to say illegal, though i've done that too...
          sigpic

Comment

YT is not a legal source for episodes.If it were,they wouldn't take down so many episodes of Sanctuary and other shows .

Simple logic ,and all non licensed sites are in the same situation.

Only sites like ITunes,Amazon ,Hulu are okay ,unless other sites can prove they pay the production companies for the right to broadcast the show.

Some sites fall into grey areas.If you ( general you ) aren't sure if that applies,ask a Mod to check with Sky and Darren ,or contact them direct in pm/e-mail.

Also don't ask publicly anywhere on GW where to find eps.Don't tell where you got 'em.

Do NOT post info re unlicenced and unauthorised sites where copyrighted episodes may be available.

Check the FAQ :Forum basics

Originally posted by FAQ
            Episode downloads. Do not use GateWorld to request, trade, or advertise illegal downloads of copyrighted films or television programs, including Stargate. Keep any such conversations in private e-mail -- no exceptions.
            ( Streaming ,torrents,YT whatever.Same rule applies.)
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

What Baggie said. If you bend the space time continuum and watch it via 'alternative means'.....don't tell us HOW you see it.

If you want to help the show, always watch it live when it airs for you. If you have a dvr and have to record it then do your best to watch it within a couple of days.

sigpic

Comment

I think that Amanda got her point across... "So you can steal a show for free..." If people want to rephrase what she says that is up to you.

Watching in US/Syfy ratings.... but the reduction of world audience by people watching by other means does directly affect Sanctuary's ability to sale their product to other countries.

Comment

It's pity that many good shows like Sanctuary do not air here, and virtually all legal sites such as Hulu, Amazon even iTunes are all restricted to stream videos only in the US. We do have Syfy Universal here but they do not air Sanctuary on a regular basis. As much as I wish to support the show I have no 'legal' way to do so.
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Let's get back closer to the topic huh?

Let's just leave it that, if there is a way to watch it legally, please do so. If you bend the space time continuum to get an earlier showing, still make an effort to watch it legally, when it counts for the ratings for wherever you are.

This shouldn't be a debate on the legality of downloads or for taking people to task for downloading. we don't want to veer too far off onto that tangent.

sigpic

Comment

Where did Amanda discuss bending the space time continuum (except in sg-1 and Carentan )?

I think the solution is simple. We must rig the Nielsen rating system to boost Sanctuary's ratings.

Would online providers support the show, though? I would have thought Syfy only cared about who watched their channel.

Comment

They do. Skiffy only directly gets money from the ads they sell during the show.

Now Sanctuary itself may get money from syndie rights and international airings, but I'm not sure if it's the show itself or the studio or how it works. Skiffy may also get a portion of that revenue since they are paying for part of the show's production costs. So they may care about international ratings simply because the higher they are the more money the show makes and the larger their share. Obviously their funding scheme has never exactly been open to the public.

However, their main concern is the ads and money they directly get, any income from the selling of the show to other markets is just a return on an investment.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                          Where did Amanda discuss bending the space time continuum (except in sg-1 and Carentan )?
                          At Armaggedon Expo VIP panel http://youtu.be/kUZ9S3zc6x8?t=3m28s
                          And at one of the other panels she asked about Monsoon (asking who had already seen it and the opinion about the ending) even though it had just aired a few hours prior to the panel in the US. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUE8Pn-aYaY Also I think she talked again about "intraweb" in one of the other panels but right now I can't find where... Maybe not Armaggedon but DragonCon?
                          She seemed quite fascinated by that discovery
                          Last edited by xgfan; 19 December 2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Syfy has just renewed Paranormal Witness. I know it's not a drama so it has nothing to do with Sanctuary but... Does that mean Syfy is making decisions for renewals and cancellations now? Does that mean we should soon know about Sanctuary?

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
                            sigpic

Comment

'the depths' ratings:

1.281/0.3

well, it went down, but not abysmal.

majorsal - 1.41/0.4
                              Steff - 1.52/0.5
                              Abn - 1.45/0.5
                              siles - 1.3/0.4
                              es - 1.34/0.4

siles won!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                'the depths' ratings:

1.281/0.3

well, it went down, but not abysmal.

majorsal - 1.41/0.4
                                Steff - 1.52/0.5
                                Abn - 1.45/0.5
                                siles - 1.3/0.4
                                es - 1.34/0.4

siles won!
                                Maybe the "Will and Magnus get stuck together somewhere"-episode becoming old... Especially for those who (have started to) dislike Will's attitude lately. If there's going to be a fifth season I wouldn't mind if they left out this theme-episode for once.

Or maybe it's because of the upcoming holidays. It's the first time since the fourth ep that we've hit a 0.3... I have a feeling that it might stick with Christmas and New Year's eve so close to the last two episodes.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X