Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    *faints*
    Like, out of their own pockets? Quite a costly hobby!
    *faints again*
    From what I remember, yes.

Comment

MAD covered the production costs, if not all, then most. the downside to them, they did prove that while studio free productions can happen, they are not profitable ventures. Despite many fans being beyond respectful, other viewers weren't and the webbies were pirated all over the place. To a certain extent, I dont' think MAD minded too much in this case, more exposure is more exposure. and there is no press better than 'this is so good this many thousands of people watched it'. However, for something like this to last, it has to turn a profit. and it wasn't.

So while they did prove that a web only series can work, they also showed that - due to piracy and file sharing - it's very, very hard to actually sell enough to pay for it.

Skiffy might give them a movie, might not. Depends on the money involved. Skiffy ain't gonna do a thing if there's not a profit in it. just like any other network.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        MAD covered the production costs, if not all, then most. the downside to them, they did prove that while studio free productions can happen, they are not profitable ventures. Despite many fans being beyond respectful, other viewers weren't and the webbies were pirated all over the place. To a certain extent, I dont' think MAD minded too much in this case, more exposure is more exposure. and there is no press better than 'this is so good this many thousands of people watched it'. However, for something like this to last, it has to turn a profit. and it wasn't.

So while they did prove that a web only series can work, they also showed that - due to piracy and file sharing - it's very, very hard to actually sell enough to pay for it.

Skiffy might give them a movie, might not. Depends on the money involved. Skiffy ain't gonna do a thing if there's not a profit in it. just like any other network.
        Paying to air a movie (and considering what @Syfy said about canceled shows going up in rating for the last few eps) I dont doubt that they'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
          Personally, (and I realize that what I will say will be very unpopular), I would like to see the rest of the Five dead by the end of the show. Their story is what drives the show, so it should end when their stories do. I realize that I'm advocating killing by favorite, Tesla, and my other favorite, Druitt, but to me, the only time Sanctuary shines is when it involves the Five.
          I see absolutely no reason why The Five should all die at the end. All it would do is end the series with an extreme downer and probably make a lot of loyal fans unhappy.
          sigpic
          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

acolyte got: 1.505, with 0.4

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/113483/

it went up.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
              I see absolutely no reason why The Five should all die at the end. All it would do is end the series with an extreme downer and probably make a lot of loyal fans unhappy.
              i'd hate that ending too!

(i've never watched another ep of 'xena' since they killed her off. dumb, dumb, and did i mention dumb move? )
              sally

sigpic

Comment

What do you think, could Sanctuary go back to webisodes (to give the show a couple of eps to wrap things up) in case it is cancelled?
                i've been wonder that too. it would be work, since the actors have experience with it and should willing to do it again.

i hope it gets renewed not sure how the rating are comparing to other shows.
                sigpic

Comment

I was devastated when everyone but the head vamp died in the finale. It might have made sense to the writers to end the series that way but as a fan I felt completely jipped. All that time invested in watching the show only to have it end that way sucked big time. I sure hope Sanctuary doesn't go that route.

I think Sanctuary is too light a show to kill off their main cast in the finale. Altho I see the point of doing so. (And I definitely loved the finale of Forever Knight where everybody died because it was the only finale that would make sense for that show.)

What do you think, could Sanctuary go back to webisodes (to give the show a couple of eps to wrap things up) in case it is cancelled?

Comment

I hated the forever knight ending too.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I dunno if its just me, but i feel that this season is lacking the spark that the other seasons had, not alot of arc's, which with 13-14 episodes is a hard thing to do, but still.. i'm not to sure that there will be a 5th season and if there is i think that will be the end of it.
                      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
                        I was devastated when everyone but the head vamp died in the finale. It might have made sense to the writers to end the series that way but as a fan I felt completely jipped. All that time invested in watching the show only to have it end that way sucked big time. I sure hope Sanctuary doesn't go that route.
                        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I hated the forever knight ending too.
                        if i'm remembering right, that ep wasn't supposed to be the series finale, but just a season one. then they were canceled.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          acolyte got: 1.505, with 0.4

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/113483/

it went up.
                          OMG I didn't see that coming! I'm speechless!...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
                            OMG I didn't see that coming! I'm speechless!...
                            yes, it was great news!

there really doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to these ratings, in that they don't seem to be reflective of the episodes themselves.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              yes, it was great news!

there really doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to these ratings, in that they don't seem to be reflective of the episodes themselves.
                              Seriously, the show's stability keeps surprising me. It always rebounds after consecutive weeks of low numbers when you no longer expect it. Phew!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
                                Seriously, the show's stability keeps surprising me. It always rebounds after consecutive weeks of low numbers when you no longer expect it. Phew!
                                i know! it's like you can't even do guess-work on the ratings.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X