Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't we have that discussion already last week or the one before?
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      Why confused? If there was anything to report we would already know. I wonder how many fans are (uselessly) tweeting Skiffy about Sanctuary like it'll make a difference or speed up the decision making process.
      especially since Craig isn't the person making the decision, he's just the PR person that runs that @syfy account. The decision will likely be made far, far above his pay grade. Harassing Craig is like taking the McDonald's clerk to task on a daily basis because McD's stopped making your favorite sandwich.

And I'm sure filling his feed with relentless spam makes anyone else's 'real' messages harder for him to see as he just scrolls past the 'spam'. So while one person can congratulate themselves for their multiple daily tweets, what they're really doing is drowning out everyone else's messages.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        @Syfy Tuesday afternoon Q&A. 5 Qs get 5 As. To start, no word on #Sanctuary or an air date for #DestinationTruth yet. What else is on your mind?

Rocky Rocky Rocky......
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          Why confused? If there was anything to report we would already know. I wonder how many fans are (uselessly) tweeting Skiffy about Sanctuary like it'll make a difference or speed up the decision making process.
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          especially since Craig isn't the person making the decision, he's just the PR person that runs that @syfy account. The decision will likely be made far, far above his pay grade. Harassing Craig is like taking the McDonald's clerk to task on a daily basis because McD's stopped making your favorite sandwich.

And I'm sure filling his feed with relentless spam makes anyone else's 'real' messages harder for him to see as he just scrolls past the 'spam'. So while one person can congratulate themselves for their multiple daily tweets, what they're really doing is drowning out everyone else's messages.
          I've seen more spammers on twitter regarding the 3rd SG-1 movie. I don't think the movie is in the cards anymore, yet they still spam or MGM.

I don't see as many people asking about S5 anymore, and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I mean on one hand fans have backed off a bit, and on the other, it could mean some are just waiting now. I just hope something comes out soon.

Comment

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/02/excl...-chrome-pilot/

"What is guiding the decision on whether or not a series will be ordered? I’ve been told that, as with most things in Hollywood, it comes down to money or to quote a source “the economics of the situation.” The project would, apparently, be shot (as the pilot was) almost entirely on green screen. The network already has one costly series that takes a similar approach, Damian Kindler’s Sanctuary and as such they are keen to ensure that the money is there before pulling the trigger on the series. I have also been told that Mark Stern’s office have been looking into what the overseas market would be for the series and if that made it more viable, financially speaking. And Sanctuary fans take note, an insider at Syfy also said “whether or not Blood & Chrome is picked up may be more closely linked to the future of Sanctuary than you might think.” I’m told a decision is expected to be made within the next six weeks."

Interesting.

Comment

the decision is to be made in the next six weeks, i guess they are taking a while to discuss it.
              sigpic

Comment

That article tells us nothing that we didn't already know about Sanctuary. It's once again another supposition of when we may get news... I wouldn't hold your breath.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Okay, I give. What is Blood and Chrome and who is in that? Never heard of it and if it replaces Sanctuary, I probably won't watch it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Blood and Chrome is another Battlestar Galactica series. Eh.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Blood and Chrome is another Battlestar Galactica series. Eh.
                      After what happened with Caprica, they feel they need ANOTHER reboot?

Comment

Comment

It's not a reboot and the pilot has been worked on for ages. Also don't necessarily believe the article as they are quoting unnamed "sources".

Ask Syfy if it's true, I have on Twitter.
                          -

Comment

After what happened with Caprica, they feel they need ANOTHER reboot?
                            A reboot is a show that is being remade/reimagined. Like Battlestar Galactica or the movie footloose.

Blood and Chrome is a spin off from the rebooted BSG. Caprica was also a spin-off.

Last thing I had heard about Blood and Chrome was they were thinking of booting it back to a webseries. As for it replacing Sanctuary, that's not how it works. Shows aren't so much replaced as they end or are dropped because they underperform. New shows are picked up to fill the schedule. In the end that's what any network wants, a well performing schedule.
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

iirc, caprica was pre cylon war and was supposed to end with the cylon war, but the show lasted only a season. B&C was to be the telling of the war.

caprica wasn't bad, but it suffers from being a prequel. we all know the ending, so there's not much mystique in telling the beginning.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Interesting.
                                Uh... Does it say something we didn't already know? I must have missed something then...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X