Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the 29-30 weeks thing before, but the SFN was only shot in August and it aired four months after that. Also from what Gillian Horvath posted on twitter it seemed like they were only doing the final audio mix/master for Fugue a fortnight before that aired.

My issue with Sanctuary is they seem to spend so long on the post-production but not as much time on the pre-production etc (i.e. in terms of plots and scripts).

Comment

'if' there's a season 5 (better be!)...

what if a season 5 took place in the future? say, 75 to 100 years. or more.

just thinking and pondering and so on.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

And they could be protecting the abnormals on Babylon 5?!?

Hmmm... Ivanova meets Helen, now that could be interesting.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          And they could be protecting the abnormals on Babylon 5?!?

Hmmm... Ivanova meets Helen, now that could be interesting.
          As long as she's not meeting Captain Kirk, that's a Kirking I don't want to see

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
            IF it does take that long to produce an episode the show is no where near as cheap to produce as it's being reported... Not saying your wrong, just that something has to give. 29-30 weeks is an excessively long post-production period and that's gonna eat up $'s. When did Damien say there was a greater than 6 month post production period, was it last season or before?

I also said it depends on when the show would air. For example they could potentially renew in May and production starts in June that means it could air NEXT year. My point, there is no really necessary time for it to be renewed. We may put a time limit on it, but given it's a cable show there really isn't one, apart from contractual ones - that's where Sanctuary could be in trouble, more so than a show with a studio behind it.
            Just clarifying that it wasn't a post production time but total production time and it was an approx. average. He's mentioned it several times over the years.

As for it being reported as being cheap well that depends on what you've heard and the source. Some people have taken the producer's cheaper than other shows (Caprica, SGU) to mean cheap. Last I heard from the producers was that it was costing just under $2 mil an episode and that was last year.

And yeah they have a huge number of factors to juggle so I'm expecting an answer when we get it and won't be surprised with a decision either way.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Just clarifying that it wasn't a post production time but total production time and it was an approx. average. He's mentioned it several times over the years.
              So the 29-30 weeks concievably includes pre-production, production and post? Actually that's pretty believable in this case. It could potentially be cut down if necessary, but then again maybe not. Cheers for clarification though, I thought you meant post solely!

Last I heard from the producers was that it was costing just under $2 mil an episode and that was last year.
              That could be a workable $ amount actually. I don't necessarily take producers word for total costs but they do give a fair idea.

And yeah they have a huge number of factors to juggle so I'm expecting an answer when we get it and won't be surprised with a decision either way.
              That's pretty much where I am too. The season finale could act as series finale if necessary so it is what it is at this point.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Well, that would certainly take care of some Will/Abby issues for me...
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Exactly what I thought when I read that!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    not if abby was visiting down under (that's the new sanctuary ), and some device caused everyone to be frozen, and years passed and they were defrosted, and everyone's now 100 years into the future, including will and abby.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i wouldn't like that because that would mean no henry either .
                      Last edited by blueray; 23 January 2012, 08:18 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

not if abby was visiting down under (that's the new sanctuary ), and some device caused everyone to be frozen, and years passed and they were defrosted, and everyone's now 100 years into the future, including will and abby.
                        I would like to think that if there was such a device (which I doubt, since apparently it isn't Praxis and if Helen could have gotten her hands on it then she could've used it when she got stuck in the past) Helen wouldn't be so selfish to use it on them, since she knows the curse of her 'gift' is having to watch those she cares about die. She might have considered using it on James, the rest of The Five (if necessary) or someone equally brilliant, but not just another protege and certainly not his girlfriend. Besides, I didn't hear Will say Abby had quit so she's not even supposed to be there!

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        i would like that because that would mean no henry either .
                        I have no idea what the natural lifespan of a HAP is...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i am getting worried that is end , just a theory of myself , how come warehouse 13 get a 20 episode season for season 4 and the 7 aditional episodes have just been granted , could contract negosiations have fallen down ?and sy fy have gone with plan b ? i fear that sy fy might be replacing sanctuary with warehouse 13 and haven although good in its self . i really hope that i am wrong. can not wait for artic blast

Comment

Originally posted by sg1victim View Post
                            i am getting worried that is end , just a theory of myself , how come warehouse 13 get a 20 episode season for season 4 and the 7 aditional episodes have just been granted , could contract negosiations have fallen down ?and sy fy have gone with plan b ? i fear that sy fy might be replacing sanctuary with warehouse 13 and haven although good in its self . i really hope that i am wrong. can not wait for artic blast
                            If negotiations have collapsed, the show would be canceled and we'd already know. W13 extension is an independent hint of this.

Comment

TBH I find it weird though that W13 gets a 20 episode order when apparantly Syfy weren't doing that anymore, and that's why with S04 of Sanctuary we got 13 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                                TBH I find it weird though that W13 gets a 20 episode order when apparantly Syfy weren't doing that anymore, and that's why with S04 of Sanctuary we got 13 again.
                                Policies change and also nothing has been officially announced yet.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X