Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'sanctuary for none - pt 2' (season finale)
    viewership - 1.288
    adults - 0.4

not bad.

not 'great', but not bad.

i hope that's enough for a renewal. of course, we could always go over to syfy's twitter and harass and nag and belittle them into a season 5 renewal. that always works.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

are sanctuarys chances looking good for a season 5?
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
        THE question.... I'd say 50/50... We'd be very lucky to get a finale season!
        sigpic

Comment

@Syfy Heya #Sanctuary fans, thx for your enthusiasm! Please note though that tweeting me over & over again will have no impact on a renewal.

Other things were said to fans in following tweets, but I won't post them.

You know, fans don't tweet Syfy as much about other shows, so they should see that as fans who care.

Comment

What it might have an impact on, however, is if @Syfy will reply to your questions in the future

I can imagine seeing the same names with the same question over and over again might make them a bit tired of you.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

What Craig likely sees is a handful of people continually banging the same drum over and over and over, which makes it more likely for him and others to simply scroll past any other tweet with the sanctuary tag.

It's one thing to support a show with honest and sincere comments, it's another to harp about it, systematically and automatically saying the same things over and over until they become ignorable.

ANd those that do 'harass' via twitter simply stand to be blocked or, if someone is in a really bad mood, reported as a spammer.

While Skiffy will bear in mind that a show has a fanbase, they will not spend millions of dollars renewing a show based on tweets or the vocal nature of a fanbase.

If we get a season 5 it'll be because S3M and Skiffy come to an understanding about profit and loss and whether or not they can make money off season 5.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know when we can expect to find out if the show will be renewed or cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Does anyone know when we can expect to find out if the show will be renewed or cancelled?
                  I think we'll know for sure by the end of this month

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Nope. Although someone mentioned on another thread that we got news of renewal last year on January 18th. Hopefully that means we hear soon.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

If we get a season 5 it'll be because S3M and Skiffy come to an understanding about profit and loss and whether or not they can make money off season 5.
                      I would think Sanctuary has done pretty well for them and it would make sense to give it another year. Especially rather than having to find something else (unknown commodity) to fill the slot. hopes...

Comment

I think green screens are a mixed blessing. They are great for saving money, but also practical sets end up being cheaper. SUch as magnus' office, Henry's lab, etc

there's a lot that they do practical. Such as the FBI/SCIU headquarters, addson's office, Homeland, etc.

The one visual giveaway to something being green screened, it's massive. Like Magnus' bedroom....who has what looks like a 50x50 bedroom? The entry hall of the Sanctuary. A lot of the rooms are unnaturally big.

But, beyond that,
                        Spoiler:
                        yeah, they have the chance to start all over, which can be good, can be bad. But I think it adds a new element to the show....instead of the 'government ignores us and lets us do what we want', they'll have to sneak in and sneak out, fixing things on the sly and then vanishing. It adds more intrigue and mystery to the whole thing....and maybe takes us back to how it was in the beginning, finding and fixing monster of the week rather than dealing with a season long plot arc of government conspiracy.
                        Re: the spoilered stuff. Hallelujah if it's what they do.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                          Before the New Year, I was like 50/50, now that we are in Jan, I think there is about a 20% Chance, even if that.

But what do I know. lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

what is S3M?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Before the New Year, I was like 50/50, now that we are in Jan, I think there is about a 20% Chance, even if that.

But what do I know. lol.
                              x 100!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                what is S3M?
                                Stage 3 Media. Not so sure they (Martin, Amanda, Damian) are still calling themselves that but that's what they were when Sanctuary was started.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X