No announcement yet.

Things you DO and DON'T want to see / happen in Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that`s the great thing about Magnus; she`s respected by nearly everyone without needing the ability to threaten them with psychic flame vision or something extreme. And even Tesla, Mr. I`m-too-good-for-humanity, worships the ground she walks on.

Comment

1.More Tesla, which almost goes without saying. But also more historial Tesla, because the real man was awesome too.
      2.More revisionist history episodes, but not another WWII ep.
      3.More Nigel, because I feel sorry for the guy when people talk about the Five and then add him in as an afterthought. And because he`s probably the most "normal" of the 5.
      Spoiler:
      The rumour of Henry and Erika having a pup to be true.

5.Kate/Garis (Gate?) relationship.

1.Druitt whining.
      2.Druitt being emo.
      3.Druitt with Magnus.
      4.Kate disappearing off the face of the Earth.
      5.Will being annoying. (To do this they`ll probably need to kill him off.)
      No offense John or Will fans.

Comment

Longevity implies a long life but it doesn't mean Magnus is immortal. Therefore, aging slowly would be a very "elegant" gift as John once put it. If Magnus was immortal she wouldn't need to train an apprentice for when she's no longer capable of leading the Sanctuary (network).

I agree though that it seems the lesser power compared to Nigel, James, Nikola and John. Especially when you take in account they were all (well, 4/5) still alive when they needed to get the source blood. Will even asked Magnus if her power was to show up after 135 years and she replied with "I'd like to see you do it". But everyone except Nigel was still alive after 135 years so it's not really that hard, apparently.*

We also know she can die after teleporting with Adam (Breach) and she can also be killed (Requiem). Both of those events kind of make me wonder why she'd go through all the trouble of finding the Mayan virus to die in a normal lifespan (Pavor Nocturnus)...

So apparently she ages very slowly, which would also be a better option than not aging at all considering this is a TV show and the actors will age... Still, I too hope there's something else she has up her sleeve. Because as has been mentioned before, right now it seems her only power is longevity and knowing her father very well. If she'd died and Ashley had to take over at that point they'd never be able to retrieve the blood simply because Ashley, unlike Clara, wouldn't be able to step in for Magnus.

Another thing that's strange is that they had so much trouble throughout the show to unravel the mysteries Gregory left behind, while he'd been a mere mortal without any superpowers and The Five were all so very smart and ahead of their time... So I hope there will be a bit more about their past as well. I'd also really like to know what exactly brought the five of them together, since their scientific specialties don't seem to have any overlap at all and yet they were all working together. Nigel for example didn't seem to know anything about the weather machine and he's hardly ever been mentioned to Will and the rest, while John, Nikola and James all have done something extraordinary throughout history.

* I do believe, however, that Magnus had something to do with their extended lifespan. In the pilot John wanted her blood to prevent him from dying and when she'd tricked him he 'warned' her the others would come. So far everything I've read suggests he thought The Five would avenge his death or something, but I can't help but wonder if he meant the rest would come for their 'fix'. Nikola wouldn't, of course, since he's immortal but Nigel seemed to be the same age during WWII and I doubt James' suit helped him stay alive that long because when it failed he only looked about 80/90 years old.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yes, that all makes sense, I just wonder at what rate she ages, if she ages slowly and when she expects Will to take over the network when she is no longer cabable. I mean how old is Will? 30? This time or perhaps 10 years later, when he is 40, would be the perfect time for him to take over but I can´t see Magnus not being able to handle the job in 10 years. Same in 20 or 30 years. I don´t think her aging process in 30 years will be so "fatal" that she is not longer capable to handle the job.
          When did they made the experiment? When she was 30 so that are 130 years since then and if she aged then apparently not very much, so she ages 1 year every 50 years?

I prefer the idea of her being immortal, also not aging at all. It´s more dramatic. And that doesn´t mean that she is not able to die by accident, just not a natural death.
          Last edited by Altariel; 02 October 2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Perhaps she'll still be physically able but mentally? It might be that in a few decades she feels she's had enough and can leave her Sanctuary network in her apprentice's safe hands. Although I doubt she'd be able to stop working at the Sanctuary, with abnormals or just science in general, considering she only takes a vacation every seven years and would probably be bored out of her skull within a week but it is still possible. Or at least something she considers for the future, a contingency plan if you will.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Perhaps she'll still be physically able but mentally? It might be that in a few decades she feels she's had enough and can leave her Sanctuary network in her apprentice's safe hands. Although I doubt she'd be able to stop working at the Sanctuary, with abnormals or just science in general, considering she only takes a vacation every seven years and would probably be bored out of her skull within a week but it is still possible. Or at least something she considers for the future, a contingency plan if you will.
              Contingency plan. Most definitely. I think it's a "just in case" thing, you know? Cuz she's had protegees before, but she's remained in charge anyway...

One of the things I'm actually kind of hoping to see in Season 4 is Will having to assume leadership on a what he considers to be undetermined duration. With Magnus... where she is at the end of last season, he'll have to take her place, and I think it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure. Cuz so far his stints as Head of House has been on a temporary basis, with the certain knowledge it's only til Magnus gets back. But what if he doesn't have that reassurance? What if he has to go on with business as usual, with the knowledge that Magnus may never be coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                \

One of the things I'm actually kind of hoping to see in Season 4 is Will having to assume leadership on a what he considers to be undetermined duration. With Magnus... where she is at the end of last season, he'll have to take her place, and I think it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure. Cuz so far his stints as Head of House has been on a temporary basis, with the certain knowledge it's only til Magnus gets back. But what if he doesn't have that reassurance? What if he has to go on with business as usual, with the knowledge that Magnus may never be coming back?
                i'll be interested in that too. i imagine he'll have to take over right away since helen is missing. i imagine we'll see this, since they are also in the middle of a crisis with the hollow earth people.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, folks. Particularly FromOutside... Here it is!

I wrote the crack!fic about 'what if Magnus had another ability'. It's posted on sanctuaryfiction.net, and will soon be up on fanfiction.net as well.

Here's a link: http://sanctuaryfiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=1058

It's called "Leverage". Lemme know what you all think!

Comment

Poor Will is gonna have his hands full. Just remembering that other time Helen was gone and when she came back he said, "Your job is hard." Somehow though I think he'll do okay, perhaps with a little help.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Do want to see more

of Will's character develop and regain his purpose/intelligence.

More John/Helen but I would like to see John Druitt distance himself from Helen emotionally as a result of Into the black. Even if John disappeared for a while till he is needed. I want the John/Helen relationship to move forward or change but not for the worse.

More team player episodes.

More Henry and occasionally more Declan

More abnormals that aren't just creatures/bugs and more of the Sanctuary and it's sanctuary areas.

Helen but of course that goes without saying.

Don't want to see
                      Tesla with Helen (flirting is fine but no serious relationship) or Will with Helen just absolutely no.

Anymore military / sanctuary jurisdiction conflict. I really hope Magnus does make her own rules.

No more superhero suits

Comment

"Tempus" was everything I wanted to see. Utter brilliance! I loved it!

More episodes like this, please!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                          "Tempus" was everything I wanted to see. Utter brilliance! I loved it!

More episodes like this, please!
                          I second that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milui Elenath View Post
                            Do want to see more

of Will's character develop and regain his purpose/intelligence.
                            That is one of my biggest "wants". To see more of Will and less of Robin. Sometimes I feel like Helen is having to babysit him instead of him becoming the work professional Helen needs. grrrrr

Comment

I keep thinking about this:
                              With the show already in S04 I really want an ep where we see The Five meet.
                              They've proven they can do an ep that takes place in the past and is still pretty interesting. Normandy and Tempus are in the top 5 best eps. Just one more lol

And hell, they can just flashback to when the characters meet.

Comment

Oooh, good idea, kes! I wanna see that too!

Comment

Working...
                                X