Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm looking forward to the musical!

(i can't wait to hear amanda sing. or try to sing. hehe!)
    sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm really interested on how they are gonna pull of the musical episode should be good considering its danien kindlers script ... *has a scrubs flashback*
      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

I can't wait to see the tousle with the bustle...sounds like fun!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          If you watch one of the YT vids from the panel you can hear Amanda sing...so cute!!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Didn't Damian also write One Night? Yea, I'm not so sure about a musical, since he thought that was a good episode too
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Article in today`s Globe & Mail about the musical episode:

The feisty, brilliant Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) can run a sanctuary for abnormals like no other 160-year-old around. But can she sing. Fans of Sanctuary will find out this fall, when the Canadian science fiction series joins the ranks of Grey`s Anatomy, Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and airs a musical episode.

Announced at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday, the episode will explore the power of music as it relates to the brain.

``The basis of the story is the idea that there are certain harmonic frequencies that people respond to better than others``said Tapping, who is one of the show`s executive producers, told The Globe and Mail. ``And it gives them heightened abilities.``

In the episode, called Fugue, Abby Corrigan (Pascale Hutton, a trained singer) becomes possessed. Music holds the key to her rescue.

Series creator Damian Kindler, also an executve producer, was the driving force behind the episode. He co-wrote the music with Toronto-based composer Andrew Lockington, as well as the script, and also directs the episode.

When he pitched it to the networks - Space in Canada and Syfy in the U.S.- as a ``scary Exorcist dark rock opera,``Kindler figured they would likely turn him down. ``But they did the exact opposite`` he says. ``They bit down like a starving child on it.``

The show was taped earlier this summer at the show`s Burnaby, B.C. studios. ``In the very first take, it was very nerve-wracking,`` says Tapping. ``But after that, we just got into it.``

The musical episode will air during Sanctuary`s fourth season this November on Space in Canada.
              Last edited by EH-T; 25 July 2011, 09:58 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hmm, I was really curious about the episode, but I don't really like Abby... Not sure what to think of it, hope it won't evolve entirely around the FBI Bimbo.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Article in today`s Globe & Mail about the musical episode:
                  Thank you for this information.
                  Does anyone know anything about the cast of this episode?
                  sigpic

Comment

*sigh* I wasn't over enthused about a musical mainly because they are so hit & miss (manly miss IMO) and lots of shows have done them but as the Sanctuary team has a habit of putting a nice twist on things I was willing to give it a chance. Now they tell us it's an Abby episode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*note to self - go into ep with no expectations*
                    -

Comment

I was fairly intrigued by the musical idea (because I figured the Sanctuary twist to it would be interesting) however, I'm much less enthused by it now that I hear it revolves around Abby. But as long as AT gets to sing at some point, I guess I'll be happy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
                        You are welcome.

Based on what was said at CC, I understand AT and RD will be in it and singing. I think they also mentioned RR would be singing. Obviously PH as Abby but I don't know who else will be in it. Definitely do not see John singing! Hard to imagine Biggie singing. But they could be involved in non-singing roles. Who knows about the others.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        *sigh* I wasn't over enthused about a musical mainly because they are so hit & miss (manly miss IMO) and lots of shows have done them but as the Sanctuary team has a habit of putting a nice twist on things I was willing to give it a chance. Now they tell us it's an Abby episode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                        I was fairly intrigued by the musical idea (because I figured the Sanctuary twist to it would be interesting) however, I'm much less enthused by it now that I hear it revolves around Abby. But as long as AT gets to sing at some point, I guess I'll be happy.
                        Look on the bright side, maybe Abby is in a coma due to the possession! However, given the reference to PH being a professional singer, I'm guessing she is conscious during the possession. Maybe the thing possessing her will make her evil and not a bimbo. That would be an improvement.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Based on what was said at CC, I understand AT and RD will be in it and singing. I think they also mentioned RR would be singing. Obviously PH as Abby but I don't know who else will be in it. Definitely do not see John singing! Hard to imagine Biggie singing. Who knows about the others.
                          I could see Biggie doing background grunts and howls.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                            i'm really interested on how they are gonna pull of the musical episode should be good considering its danien kindlers script ... *has a scrubs flashback*
                            Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I can't wait to see the tousle with the bustle...sounds like fun!
                            Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Didn't Damian also write One Night? Yea, I'm not so sure about a musical, since he thought that was a good episode too

I'm quite excited about the episode, Damian has written some really good episodes, and Andrew makes good music, so I'm happy we'll get an episode like this. For those skeptical about the music ep for they did that for Buffy, Xena and Scrubs did music eps, and Scrubs was awesome, I was smilling the whole time. They were classic episodes, and as fans, I think we should give the ep a chance, and so what if Abby is in it? This is still Sanctuary, and we'll get to hear Helen, Will, Henry and I think Kate.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
                              DK tweeted this on Jun 18:

"Amazing recording session today with the incomparable Jim Byrnes and the uber talented Pascale Hutton. @SanctuarySeries is in for a treat!"

Could it be? Gregory Magnus singing? LOL

I could see Biggie doing background grunts and howls.
                              Yeh, Abby ruined it for me too.

Comment

You are welcome.

Based on what was said at CC, I understand AT and RD will be in it and singing. I think they also mentioned RR would be singing. Obviously PH as Abby but I don't know who else will be in it. Definitely do not see John singing! Hard to imagine Biggie singing. But they could be involved in non-singing roles. Who knows about the others.
                                Originally posted by kes View Post
                                DK tweeted this on Jun 18:

"Amazing recording session today with the incomparable Jim Byrnes and the uber talented Pascale Hutton. @SanctuarySeries is in for a treat!"

Could it be? Gregory Magnus singing? LOL
                                Thanks again. I hope that if JY was in this episode, it would not be a mystery.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X