Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT asked for it:

PCZ: It seems like on all the conference calls I’ve been on with you guys, and other interviews I’ve seen, everybody asks about Magnus having a love life, having a love interest. I’m wondering at this point, is that sort of… does she kind of derail that because she maybe still has a torch for Druitt in some weird way?

AT: I’ll tell you what happened, is at the beginning of this season, when the writers and Martin, Damian and I were talking about potentials for the season, I said, “Y’know what would be great?” at the very end of this long conversation about story ideas, “if Magnus had a love interest this season. Y’know I don’t care what gender the person is. I don’t care where we go with it. Whether it’s just a one off, but I think Magnus, we need to show this woman is actually capable of love in a context that doesn’t involve a psychopathic murderer.” So, I just thought it would be nice to show that she’s capable of some semblance of a normal relationship outside of the weird men that she has chosen to align herself with. [In a British accent] Could I please just have a relationship with someone who doesn’t kill a lot of women.

RD: [Also in a British accent] Not a serial murderer. [shifts to normal] Could we start there and go up.

AT: Yeah. That’s not good. Could she have a real relationship. To that end, we just shot a really fun episode.

RD: It was really cool.

AT: Episode four, “Monsoon.”
    http://popculturezoo.com/2011/05/cat...d-robin-dunne/
    Last edited by kes; 12 July 2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      Yeah, she asked for Pete on SG-1 and look how that turned out, I wish she would have stuck to her original thought for Sam: write her without paying attention to her gender she'll make her feminine. AFAic the same goes for Helen (even more so). When you take into account they'll have only 13 episode that doesn't leave room for filler episode like in S3 or for forced loved interest for Helen. My advice for Sanctuary TPTB is to treat S4 like it's the last one (ratings for S3.5 are worrisome if the trend continues in S4) so make sure to tie all loose threads and solve all the plots in season 4. I don't want what happened to SGU to happen to Sanctuary

Comment

What I mean is lol I wish it was someone taller then her. So unless she's not wearing heels, that's not the case.
        Fair enough, just seemed like an exaggeration of his height to me.

Plus, we still have no idea who Carlo Rota plays, he may end up being the 'bad guy' of the episode.

Personally, I'm fine with Helen having a bit of a romantic storyline for one episode, and IMHO one episode does not make a 'ship. She's repeatedly stated that she's had several lovers over the decades, so seeing her with one in S4 wouldn't surprise me.

And honestly, I highly, highly doubt the writers will ever do anything more with Helen/Druitt, Helen/Tesla, or Helen/Will ship/flirting than they already have, and personally I'd much rather see Helen with a one-time love interest than an ongoing romantic relationship with any of those characters.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, Pete was a disaster and I don´t want that to happen in sanctuary. I think too that it would seemed somehow forced if she suddenly falls in love with a men without introducing him in earlier episodes. And for helen showing that she is capable of love, IMHO we already saw her that way and she even had something with james...so I remain sceptical.

I still have the hope it is tesla, but yeah, it´s unlikely, but that would be better than bring somebody new.

Comment

hot guy for helen in season 4!!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              hot guy for helen in season 4!!
              David Spade would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

YOU will not be allowed to pic the guy, dude!

i've been asking for this 'hot guy!' for helen since, i think, season 1.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Wait, how about they do something for Helen like they did SG-1's Point of View? Where an AR Will, who's married to Helen in the AR comes to the Sanctuary somehow, and starts a romance with our Helen?

*Runs from Sally*

Comment

May I point out the extraordinary age difference? I don't think Helen wants to date men that are intellectually her grandchildren. That's why Helen/Tesla works so well. And, admittedly, Helen/John, at times.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Dude...so not right...David Spade?? As in Joe Dirt?? Nuh uh...no way...never!
                      Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      May I point out the extraordinary age difference? I don't think Helen wants to date men that are intellectually her grandchildren. That's why Helen/Tesla works so well. And, admittedly, Helen/John, at times.
                      I agree...I think that may be one of the things that must be hard for Helen, to find a man that's intellectually close to her in age...actually aside from Tesla & Druitt that would be impossible but I just can't see her with a toy boy...I don't ever want to think or see Helen as a cougar. *shudders*
                      I think I'm always gonna be a Druitt/Magnus shipper...but I would certainly concede to a Tesla/Magnus ship if that were to happen. And though I may be the only one out there to admit this, I kinda liked Olaf...he seemed quite up her alley...intellectually speaking...and he wasn't too bad looking either. And he made her smile...so he's in my good book.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm hoping the romantic interest is just a guy she meets and it clicks. You dont always have to be intelectual equals and all that.
                        Just hormones (sp). Ever looked at a guy, without even knowing his name and purred?
                        And I'm not talking about an Adonis, just a guys that clicks.
                        Dudes can have chicks in every port but women can't? It has to have meaning and they have to talk...what year is this?

Comment

I think a great love interest (or boy toy ) would have been Forsythe (sp?), too bad his characgter died.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm hoping the romantic interest is just a guy she meets and it clicks. You dont always have to be intelectual equals and all that.
                            Just hormones (sp). Ever looked at a guy, without even knowing his name and purred?
                            And I'm not talking about an Adonis, just a guys that clicks.
                            Dudes can have chicks in every port but women can't? It has to have meaning and they have to talk...what year is this?
                            While that may happen for some people in their lives, I don't think it works well on television. The audience isn't going to feel the same 'click' that the character supposedly does. They're just left wondering why the protagonist (male as well as female) is involved with a lesser character and why that should be worth watching. I just don't think it's very conducive to interesting viewing.

Comment

I see it the same way, to make that believable, they should introduce the character a few eps and then maybe. But I still hope it is a one episode thing and then she dumps him and we see him nerver again. But it is always is the different way I want and I want her with Tesla, damned.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                                While that may happen for some people in their lives, I don't think it works well on television. The audience isn't going to feel the same 'click' that the character supposedly does. They're just left wondering why the protagonist (male as well as female) is involved with a lesser character and why that should be worth watching. I just don't think it's very conducive to interesting viewing.
                                If the actors have chemistry it works.
                                Lesser character is a little strong. Magnus never really rulled over the rest of the cast. She just has more history. Who knows, maybe we'll get some funny moments because of the difference

Comment

Working...
                                X