Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes View Post
    I'm hoping the romantic interest is just a guy she meets and it clicks. You dont always have to be intelectual equals and all that.
    Just hormones (sp). Ever looked at a guy, without even knowing his name and purred?
    And I'm not talking about an Adonis, just a guys that clicks.
    Dudes can have chicks in every port but women can't? It has to have meaning and they have to talk...what year is this?
    Considering Magnus was born, raised, educated, etc. in the Victorian Era, presumably in a higher strata of society, I think she would have a...particular taste of men. I also don't see her as a "man at every port" woman. Magnus seems like a person that only cares about a deeper relationship, not just a one-night stand.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      Considering Magnus was born, raised, educated, etc. in the Victorian Era, presumably in a higher strata of society, I think she would have a...particular taste of men. I also don't see her as a "man at every port" woman. Magnus seems like a person that only cares about a deeper relationship, not just a one-night stand.
      Well she had no probs doing it without being married so.
      Plus romantic interest doesnt meen one night stand.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        I agree about the no 'man at every port', but I wouldn't say 'only' deeper relationships since she didn't seem too opposed to a romantic weekend away with Olaf. She didn't go because of Ashley, not because she never does such things.

Is it a one-night stand if it happens to be someone who's been an acquaintance/friend of Helen's for several years? We the viewers may never have met this character before, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're a stranger to Helen.

sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping the romantic interest is just a guy she meets and it clicks. You dont always have to be intelectual equals and all that.
          Just hormones (sp). Ever looked at a guy, without even knowing his name and purred?
          And I'm not talking about an Adonis, just a guys that clicks.
          Dudes can have chicks in every port but women can't? It has to have meaning and they have to talk...what year is this?
          ~reposting for agreement*
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            I think a great love interest (or boy toy ) would have been Forsythe (sp?), too bad his characgter died.
            omg...

sally

sigpic

Comment

I still like Olaf as a love interest...he made her smile...I like him.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

If the actors have chemistry it works.
                Lesser character is a little strong. Magnus never really rulled over the rest of the cast. She just has more history. Who knows, maybe we'll get some funny moments because of the difference
                Seriously can you imagine Sanctuary going a couple of episodes or even seasons without Helen like SG-1 did without Jack? The reason I'm watching me Sanctuary is 65% AT(Helen), 25% Henry, 10% Tesla and 5% the rest of the cast...

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  Seriously can you imagine Sanctuary going a couple of episodes or even seasons without Helen like SG-1 did without Jack? The reason I'm watching me Sanctuary is 65% AT(Helen), 25% Henry, 10% Tesla and 5% the rest of the cast...
                  That's not what I ment to say.
                  Yes, Magnus is my fave character too. I would not watch the show without her.
                  What I ment was that Magnus was never , brain wise, that far ahead of her team.

Comment

Helen's got such a stick up her bum most of the time, a good 'one night stand' would do her well. Some lovely endorphins to mellow her out a bit (and my gutter mind refuses to go further because I could but then it'd be tasteless and crude and...well you get the picture)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                      I don't think it would be Sanctuary without Helen.
                      The reason I'm watching Sanctuary is 80% Helen, 50% Tesla, 50% Druitt, 50% Kate, 40% Henry, 40% Declan, 50% Biggie, 50% all the abnormals, 25% Will...please don't tell me the math don't work out but thats just how I watch it. That & coz I just love most of the story arcs.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I don't think it would be Sanctuary without Helen.
                        The reason I'm watching Sanctuary is 80% Helen, 50% Tesla, 50% Druitt, 50% Kate, 40% Henry, 40% Declan, 50% Biggie, 50% all the abnormals, 25% Will...please don't tell me the math don't work out but thats just how I watch it. That & coz I just love most of the story arcs.
                        Does math

Yea, AT is the only reason I gave Sanctuary a try, and the character of Helen is what keeps me coming back. We've had episodes which were Helen light, and I didn't like those very much...One Night anyone
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Amanda is what brought me into it. And, overall, I like the premise and plot. My biggest issue is when they 'stargate' it, so to speak. things like One Night. Emphasis on the boys and dating life. I wouldn't mind it if the dating was a b story. but when it's the focus? I just don't care for it. If i want to watch 'date of the week' I'll watch the bachelor

Overall, I enjoy the show, I wouldn't still be watching it if I didn't.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I watch primary because of Helen and then Tesla. I somehow hope her love interest will be a one night stand, but would that be considered as a love interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Does math

Yea, AT is the only reason I gave Sanctuary a try, and the character of Helen is what keeps me coming back. We've had episodes which were Helen light, and I didn't like those very much...One Night anyone
                              While Helen is the main draw for me, I also like the other characters. While I prefer lots of Helen, my problem with One Night was not so much that it was Helen light but that it was a bad episode.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                While Helen is the main draw for me, I also like the other characters. While I prefer lots of Helen, my problem with One Night was not so much that it was Helen light but that it was a bad episode.
                                And really, no one can put it more succinct than this...One Night was simply a bad episode.
                                I love the other characters too...I even like Abbey...but I really think Kate is really cool & I love her being on the show...she adds spunk to it. Will & Henry as of late have been my sleeping pill...I almost doze off when I watch them...Henry's too cute though to actually fall asleep without him invading my dreams
                                I'm slowly getting over the whole Hollow Earth thing...just like I really got bored with the Cabal but I'd rather the Cabal come back than Hollow Earth...it just hasn't tickled my fancy yet.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X