Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Watching the episode and boy do I need a drink!!!
    I second that.
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I'm enjoying my margarita...but it could certainly be worse. although it does seem to move slowly since singing takes longer than talking.

i did LOL at the conference call though....and hte thread is open now if folks want to jump in there instead of talking in this thread
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm enjoying Fugue - does that make me odd?
        Although if I never have to hear certain actors sing again, that'll be quite alright by me!

I think they introduced the 'need' for it to be a musical episode in a plausible way, and am pleasantly surprised by the musical abilities of some of the actors. Some I've heard sing in the past but most are a new experience for me

As my Mom puts it, being a fan of a show is like being a friend - sometimes you like them inspite of themselves. Tonight, I'm watching with a

Cute Cdn references btw ... and yes, I have been known to apologise that much in a single conversation before
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I ahve my speculation about Magnus' secret.

First...Druitt is alive. She was in that cave and saved him. Second, her 'secret mission' is to take down whoever or whatever is against them. Someone is pulling the strings at the UN. Someone is behind the sanctions and Villanova. Whether it's a new group of the remnants of the cabal, she's got some very secret enemies. I think, while 'real' magnus was fulfilling her timeline, 'past/future' magnus, the extra one going zen on a mountain, was studying, thinking, investigating and is working on a plan to take down these bad guys once and for all.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

First...Druitt is alive. She was in that cave and saved him. Second, her 'secret mission' is to take down whoever or whatever is against them. Someone is pulling the strings at the UN. Someone is behind the sanctions and Villanova. Whether it's a new group of the remnants of the cabal, she's got some very secret enemies. I think, while 'real' magnus was fulfilling her timeline, 'past/future' magnus, the extra one going zen on a mountain, was studying, thinking, investigating and is working on a plan to take down these bad guys once and for all.
            I basically agree with that.

1. I believe at least part of her "secret" definitely has something to do with John being alive. (Seriously, John can't be dead or I'll be sobbing uncontrollably! )

2. the "secret" also would need to have something to do with the previous allies of the Sanctuary network, or she wouldn't have decided to immediately sever all ties with them, she would have worked some way to a compromise. You could tell that she already had a specific agenda. Maybe she's trying to flush out a mole.

3. I still am under the firm belief that Helen spent at least some of her extra 113 years down in Hollow Earth or at least getting her hands on the HE database. A woman with her scientific mind & thirst for knowledge would have somehow at least tried to study more of the information since she knows her "original" self would still be sacrificing that database in order to escape from evil vampire queen again.

4. I'm also figuring that the return of the Migoi (Icebreaker) and the new abnormal grown from Abby (Fugue) are more of her plan for the season finale.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I think she does know that John is alive and where he is, but he's still got the energy creature and she doesn't know how to get rid of it. That's the impression I got from the way she looked when Will said, "What's the point of all this anyway if we can't save the people we love?"
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I sure hope Druitt's still alive. The show has not been the same without him this year. If the power voltage he received from the coils in Hallow Earth didn't drive out the energy creature I don't know what would. I actually would like to see it gone and John having to deal with trying to figure out who he is afterwards. He's lived over 150 years as a violent person and I don't think he'd turn into a cuddly teddy bear overnight. He'd still be capable of extreme violence if provoked. Difference is he'd be completely responsible for his actions. He'd still have a wicked streak so he would still retain his bad boy image.

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                I think she does know that John is alive and where he is, but he's still got the energy creature and she doesn't know how to get rid of it. That's the impression I got from the way she looked when Will said, "What's the point of all this anyway if we can't save the people we love?"

Comment

To be honest, I prefer he keeps his energy creature. It may be numbed, like before after Nikola's "help" but I like John far too much the way he is. There's something sinister about him and I just love my angst!
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    To be honest, I prefer he keeps his energy creature. It may be numbed, like before after Nikola's "help" but I like John far too much the way he is. There's something sinister about him and I just love my angst!
                    Yeah, I love the evil bunny. *sigh* I wish there were more John this season.
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
                      Druitt's absence is one of the reason I'm not finding this season as enjoyable as last season, which had a few episodes with three of The Five. Really liked Tesla and Druitt scenes of them working against Adam.
                      Yes, we need to get Druitt back and we need more Tesla.
                      I do like that Henry is getting more to do this season though.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

The good thing about John with the energy creature is that he's unpredictable and doesn't take crap from anyone with the exception of other members of The Five. The downside to having the creature is that I'll never get my John & Helen pairing because, seriously, what woman is going to want to kiss a man possessed by a violent monster? Good thing I'm a Tesla fan too and will get to enjoy him & Helen together.

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                        Yeah, I love the evil bunny. *sigh* I wish there were more John this season.

Comment

Druitt and Tesla have such an interesting dynamic. They can't stand each other yet are able to put aside their differences if needed, especially if it involves Helen. They both feel themselves to be immortal, are arrogant and look down upon the rest of the Sanctuary team [aside from Helen] as "the children." I can't understand why tptb cut out that scene with John & Nikola from Pax Romana that was included as a bonus scene on the season dvd. That one short scene was far more interesting that some of the other trapped and running for cover scenes down in Hallow Earth. Same thing for the scene where Tesla warns Adam not to touch Helen again. Think that one was in Hallow Men?

Each season Henry just get better and better. He's funny, adorable and totally loyal to those he loves. He would stand by Helen and Big Guy, the only family he has, until the bitter end. The only way he'd leave is if he had to to protect his new family with Erika. Will, on the other hand, I can totally see bailing on the team by the end of this season. He is such a whiner sometimes.

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                          Yes, we need to get Druitt back and we need more Tesla.
                          I do like that Henry is getting more to do this season though.

Comment

With regard to Druitt...I honestly don't think we've seen the last of him. I like to think he escaped the destruction of Hollow Earth. I don't think he is part of Helen's big secret but I do hope the Helen doesn't leave the Sanctuary and hand over control to Will...that's one thing I'm worried that will happen in the season finale. S much as I adore Robin Dunne & at times Will, I just don't think Will is ready to undertake such a task. He's too emotional. JMHO
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
                              Druitt and Tesla have such an interesting dynamic. They can't stand each other yet are able to put aside their differences if needed, especially if it involves Helen. They both feel themselves to be immortal, are arrogant and look down upon the rest of the Sanctuary team [aside from Helen] as "the children." I can't understand why tptb cut out that scene with John & Nikola from Pax Romana that was included as a bonus scene on the season dvd. That one short scene was far more interesting that some of the other trapped and running for cover scenes down in Hallow Earth. Same thing for the scene where Tesla warns Adam not to touch Helen again. Think that one was in Hallow Men?
                              I liked the Druitt/Tesla scene too, but thought it was best the Tesla/Adam scene was cut because in my opinion it was OOC for Nikola.

As for them referring to the rest as kids... can you really blame with their genius, life experience and age?
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                With regard to Druitt...I honestly don't think we've seen the last of him. I like to think he escaped the destruction of Hollow Earth. I don't think he is part of Helen's big secret but I do hope the Helen doesn't leave the Sanctuary and hand over control to Will...that's one thing I'm worried that will happen in the season finale. S much as I adore Robin Dunne & at times Will, I just don't think Will is ready to undertake such a task. He's too emotional. JMHO
                                He's too young! Will can't be thirty yet. There's no way he's ready to run an organization of that size and complexity. Certainly in the real world he'd never be given that responsibility yet because he wouldn't have the experience necessary. Declan is in his early forties, and that's much more realistic.
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X