Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Yeah, I've been sort of figuring those might be his eps. BTW I just confirmed Tesla is in Chimera. Here's the episode description :

Magnus and Nikola Tesla become trapped in a virtual Sanctuary world at the mercy of the evil avatar of Adam Worth.
    AWESOME!

I want Druitt back too. Bad Druitt because CH is just sooooooo good at him being bad. Also AT & CH in those scenes together are dynamite
    True that

Comment

guys

helen killed 'future' adam who'd traveled to the past. 'past' adam, teh one that found imogene dead in the streets could still be alive.. who knows how his future played out.'

so there could still be an adam worth. but it's the one from this timeline, not the one that went back in the past
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No, 'past' Adam who found Imogene dead in the streets lived the subsequent 113 years (while 'future' Helen was on vacation) and then opened the time portal to go back to 1898 and 'past' Helen presumably went after him so 'future' Helen could take her place. Then their cycle begins again.

In my previous post I was talking about 'past' Adam and 'past' Helen. But RealmOfX pointed out either of the two Adams could have made the virtual Sanctuary before they went back in time... although I doubt he had the time or intention to do so, as his attention was focused on going back to save his daughter.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I`m just not thrilled about the concept no matter which Adam created it. It sounds like the token 90`s-early 00`s-era cheesy "trapped in video game" gimmick. Sanctuary is better than that.

And frankly I`m sick of Adam in any timeline. When they showed "Breach" in the "previously on" for Resistance, I groaned because I thought that meant Adam would be running the facility or something. They need to let this plotline die, figuratively if not literally.

Comment

I'm not sure about Adam. This adam didn't just blame helen for imogene's death. he specifically blamed Helen and Watson. And it wasn't as much for not curing Imogene. It was likely for Helen's - to him - callous attitude towards him when Imogene was kidnapped.

This adam likely has no need to go back and save Imogene (cure her) as much as revenge on Helen and Watson

sigpic

Comment

If he hadn't gone back to the past to save Imogene then where did PastHelen (whose place FutureHelen took after 113 years) go?

FutureAdam already blamed Helen (and Watson) for not helping Imogene, because they couldn't cure and/or Helen refused to use her "blood experiments" on a child. Now PastAdam simply blamed them for not finding her sooner after she was kidnapped (by his future self).
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Helen A went back to stop Adam A from saving Imogene and altering the past. Helen A killed Adam A after Adam A's reckless shot killed Imogene. Helen A hid while Adam B saw Imogene dead, with Helen B and Watson over her, blaming them for not finding Imogene before she was killed.
                Helen A went into seclusion for 113 years while Adam B lived out some sort of life yet to be revealed.

We do not know if Adam B also hatched the go back in time plot that required Helen B to follow him. We can presume that but we don't know for sure. We don't know if Adam B also tried to hold London hostage, creating the FIve, and with all the other events we've seen in For King and Country. But it can mean that Adam B could have been around for the past century fulfilling his quest for vengeance, perhaps not only against Helen, but the Sanctuary as a whole.

sigpic

Comment

I disagree because of the ending of Tempus, with Adam B blaming Helen B (and Watson) for not saving Imogene. He even did that scream-thing we know Adam A did when Imogene died and it's presumably the start of his split personality (Jekyll&Hyde). Both times he blamed Helen (and Watson) so it's very likely Adam B's life continued in a very similar fashion of Adam A's.

Also, where's Helen B in your post? She had to go back in time for Helen A to be able to take over and we know we're dealing with Helen A at the end of Uprising.

The Five had already been created when Adam A and Helen A went back in time, so there's a good chance they were still recruited by the Queen and everything went more or less the way it should have (otherwise the Sanctuary Network probably wouldn't exist).
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

we don't know where Helen B is (that could be part of the secret mission for all we know)

as to the five, they existed in one way. But in FK&C, the King said:

Spoiler:

Prime Minister: Well, of course, in and of itself, that is, uh, odd. But no, I was thinking more of your work with strange and dangerous creatures. Abnormals, I believe you call them. You see, we know all about your father's Sanctuary, and you taking up his mantle.

Magnus: Prime Minister, I'm afraid you've been misinformed. I really don't understand--

Prime Minister: Oh, excuse me. That'll be the others. Nigel Griffin... Invisible man. Doctor James Watson, Detective supreme, and Nikola Tesla, vampire, genius, and Montague John Druitt... Menace to society. So... Down to business? You see, we've known about you and your colleagues for some time, and we've given you your head because we thought the day would come when the five of you might prove useful.

Druitt: Well, I'm flattered.

Prime Minister: That day is here. I'm proud to offer you now the opportunity to serve your country.

Tesla: I'm Serbian.

Watson: Just ignore him.

Magnus: Why are you here, exactly?

Prime Minister: You are aware of a gentleman called Adam Worth?

Nigel: You mean the pipsqueak from school?

Prime Minister: Well, once, perhaps, but now a genius mind warped by rage and mania, and, I might add, quite a headache for our secret service bureau.

Druitt: A man after my own heart.

Tesla: And I would dispute the term "genius."

Magnus: Yes, we did know Adam years ago, but we've not seen him since then. What's he done?

Prime Minister: Well, our service agents tell us that Mr. Worth has amassed the funds and the technology to enact a great and dangerous crime upon this city.

Magnus: Which is?

Prime Minister: A rather deadly toxin has been stolen, and a great many Britons may die as a result.

Nigel: Well, surely the crown has a means of stopping him?

Prime Minister: Well, I'm afraid Mr. Worth's organization has grown roots deep inside British society, and, I am sorry to say, deep inside my government, too.

Magnus: You need a group of independent agents.

Tesla: With special talents.

Watson: Who are acquainted with his past.

Magnus: How certain are you of this threat?

Prime Minister: The stakes could not be higher.

Spoiler:

Magnus: This comes from the King himself?

Prime Minister: His majesty's orders were quite specific.

Druitt: Well, Victoria was wrong about him. Old Edward certainly does have a backbone.

Watson: Surely you must have misheard.

Nigel: Sounds like we've been hired for a job.

Druitt: Like a theatre troupe.

Tesla: Kill Worth just because his lordship says so?

Watson: He's not a lord, he's a King. And, no. Go to hell, Mr. Prime minister.

Druitt: Seconded.

Nigel: Right, do it yourself, you lazy squids.

Magnus: Indeed. We are not assassins. Not for political gain, at least.

Druitt: Darling.

Prime Minister: Pity. Undertaking this project would be in your best interests.

Nigel: How do you figure that?

Prime Minister: Let me be frank. Some of you are criminals. Mr. Druitt here is very badly wanted down at Scotland Yard, and Mr. Tesla, although a foreign national, is facing several charges on illegal acts pertaining to the misuse of electricity.

Tesla: My work is illegal?

Prime Minister: It needn't be, and much the same thing pertains to you, Miss Magnus.

Magnus: Doctor Magnus... And I've committed no crimes.

Prime Minister: Not exactly, no, but you do carry on your father's work in the dark of night. The King could change all that for you.

Watson: Sorry... Are you bribing us?

Prime Minister: There are tremendous benefits in bringing to an early conclusion this Worth affair. Benefits for you all. A full and unofficial pardon, for you, Mr. Druitt, and the same for your indiscretions, Mr. Griffin. provided no more banks are pilfered from, of course.

Nigel: Well, a man has to make a living, doesn't he?

Prime Minister: And as for your endeavors, doctors Watson and Magnus, full financial and governmental support for your Sanctuary. Also unofficial, naturally, but stalwart nevertheless. I'm sure you can see how your all-important work would flourish under our protective wing.

Druitt: And if Mr. Worth does not come quietly?

Prime Minister: I'll leave you to talk about all this amongst yourselves at your leisure, although the King would appreciate a firm answer by tomorrow morning, please. Thank you for your time. I shall convey
                    your respects to the King.

so, Adam had to have been up to something to get the Sanctuary network its initial backing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I'm not sure about Adam. This adam didn't just blame helen for imogene's death. he specifically blamed Helen and Watson. And it wasn't as much for not curing Imogene. It was likely for Helen's - to him - callous attitude towards him when Imogene was kidnapped.

This adam likely has no need to go back and save Imogene (cure her) as much as revenge on Helen and Watson
                      He blames them both the 1st time around too.
                      I agree with fems, the past Adam always needs to go back in time.

Comment

Wasn't it also Adam's device that caused the openings to the surface from Hollow Earth? So Adam B had to activate the device for the events in Uprising to take place... he might as well go through the portal to the past then!
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          What about Druitt? I wonder what happened to him after Magnus went back in time because it looked like it was too much electricity even for him/his creature. Am also curious if Magnus kicking his ass in Tempus instead of letting her past self threaten him with her gun (which she had taken) has made any difference...
                          i'd like to think it made a difference, but i'm not sure helen's long time-out is even going to have much of an impact on the storylines *or* her.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've been sort of figuring those might be his eps. BTW I just confirmed Tesla is in Chimera. Here's the episode description :

Magnus and Nikola Tesla become trapped in a virtual Sanctuary world at the mercy of the evil avatar of Adam Worth.
                            oh, that sounds fun!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

"Sanctuary for None" is a weird title for the last two episodes... it's a parallel of the first two episodes; perhaps further indication that they're wrapping up the story this season and are not confident about getting a renewal for S05?

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                                "Sanctuary for None" is a weird title for the last two episodes... it's a parallel of the first two episodes; perhaps further indication that they're wrapping up the story this season and are not confident about getting a renewal for S05?
                                i've thought the same thing, 'only' b/c of that title
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X