Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    there is one character that i feel is the weakest link. i like the performer, but the character... (i say this mainly b/c too much time can be spent on the character sometimes)

anyone that knows me knows i'm not talking about amanda.
    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    The problem with more Abby is you will probably get more Will, at least with Kate we got Biggie or Henry.

In the few interviews with RD I could watch (I find him as well as his character very annoying) he mentioned Will starting to doubt his decision in the pilot, to join Magnus at the Sanctuary. Maybe we'll get lucky and at the end of the season he and Abby go off into the sunset!

Originally posted by kes View Post
    I think they always tried to shove her down our throats. With all the end of the ep talks with Magnus and pats in the back.
    Her and Biggie had chemistry but her character added nothing to the show. And all stories that focused on her were weak. When it didnt she was pointless to the ep.
    We're not just getting more Abby, I dont like her either and it means more Will. RD isnt a strong actor and his character turned into basicaly him. But we are also getting more Declan. But I dont see it has replacing as much as we need to bring in another character.
    I thought the entire Kate-character was weak, although she has a few nice moments with Biggie and she was nice to Will when he turned into an abnormal again. But she was such a stereotype and was just grating on my nerves. I don't think it had anything to do with AD's acting skills, just the writing of her character. For some reason the writers can only make the Magnuses (Helen and Ashley) cool and the rest of the women around the Sanctuary are a bit lame.

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    I'm really excited that we're getting more Tesla this season. He brings so much to the show. I hope that we have an episode with Tesla and Druitt again -- I love the way they play off each other.
    Yeah, Tesla is a great character and John has that sinister-thing going; their interaction is always very amusing and well-written. As a matter of fact, I think all of the interaction between The Five was well-written and it showed they've all been through a lot together and even if they don't like/hate each other, there is still a friendly/teasing/bantering undertone to their arguments.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well, I don´t think you can speak of more Tesla this season when he is only in 5 eps Alas. but a Druitt Tesla ep would be cool By the way, there is a really cool delated scene from Hollow Man with Druitt and Tesla on YT.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
        Well, I don´t think you can speak of more Tesla this season when he is only in 5 eps Alas. but a Druitt Tesla ep would be cool By the way, there is a really cool delated scene from Hollow Man with Druitt and Tesla on YT.
        We've already had two out of thirteen eps and no Tesla so far, which means he'll be in half of the still coming eps. He's in more eps than Kate apparently.
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
          I love that deleted scene! It's really an excellent friendship.
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Here's my pure speculation on Helen's big secret for this season: What if she did save Ashley? Please read my line of reasoning before jumping down my throat.

I'm a mother. We've taught our smart little girl from 3 years old what to do in case of a fire drill, repetition over and over again. If DarkHelen (my present shorthand for the Helen who is much older than 160 years old!) knew the time periods in Ashley's life when Ashley might be able to be taken off alone for a while, maybe she'd drill Ashley the same way as kids for a fire drill in 'where to go when in COMPLETE EMERGENCY.' After all, Heroes II, shows there is off-site secure containment available when needed. Would a mom who knows the dangerous side to her work not teach her kids, Ashley & Henry, what to do in case of emergency? What if DarkHelen met up with Ashley outside of the Sanctuary at times and showed her a specific place and told her never to mention it within the Sanctuary network becuase this is a personal secure site and not for the Sanctuary? DarkHelen would have had more than a century to setup everything she thought she needed to save Ashley. To be consistent, DarkHelen would have to show Henry a different secure site and not the same as Ashley, just so Henry didn't check it after Ashley's 'disappearance.' Also, DarkHelen arranged for the appropriate timing for the EM shield fluctuations so Ashley could get to the secure site.

So why haven't we heard from Ashley? Because first DarkHelen had to help Ashley after the drug regimen the Cabal put her through and then seriously impressed upon Ashley that she could not interrupt the timeline that the Sanctuary Network knew about. Ashley may also need other drugs to deal with having vampiric needs possibly and to prevent any hitchhikers like John had picked up while teleporting.

Seriously, what wouldn't a mother do for her child? DarkHelen may just be insane from the inconsistency of what the current Sanctuary network is expecting but she had a century to realize she would lose her daughter, AGAIN. Since Ashley's body was never found, DarkHelen may just see this as a way to accomodate the timeline and save her daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by LibraryGeek View Post
              Here's my pure speculation on Helen's big secret for this season: What if she did save Ashley? Please read my line of reasoning before jumping down my throat.

I'm a mother. We've taught our smart little girl from 3 years old what to do in case of a fire drill, repetition over and over again. If DarkHelen (my present shorthand for the Helen who is much older than 160 years old!) knew the time periods in Ashley's life when Ashley might be able to be taken off alone for a while, maybe she'd drill Ashley the same way as kids for a fire drill in 'where to go when in COMPLETE EMERGENCY.' After all, Heroes II, shows there is off-site secure containment available when needed. Would a mom who knows the dangerous side to her work not teach her kids, Ashley & Henry, what to do in case of emergency? What if DarkHelen met up with Ashley outside of the Sanctuary at times and showed her a specific place and told her never to mention it within the Sanctuary network becuase this is a personal secure site and not for the Sanctuary? DarkHelen would have had more than a century to setup everything she thought she needed to save Ashley. To be consistent, DarkHelen would have to show Henry a different secure site and not the same as Ashley, just so Henry didn't check it after Ashley's 'disappearance.' Also, DarkHelen arranged for the appropriate timing for the EM shield fluctuations so Ashley could get to the secure site.

So why haven't we heard from Ashley? Because first DarkHelen had to help Ashley after the drug regimen the Cabal put her through and then seriously impressed upon Ashley that she could not interrupt the timeline that the Sanctuary Network knew about. Ashley may also need other drugs to deal with having vampiric needs possibly and to prevent any hitchhikers like John had picked up while teleporting.

Seriously, what wouldn't a mother do for her child? DarkHelen may just be insane from the inconsistency of what the current Sanctuary network is expecting but she had a century to realize she would lose her daughter, AGAIN. Since Ashley's body was never found, DarkHelen may just see this as a way to accomodate the timeline and save her daughter.
              That would be hypocritical. Saving Ash changes the timeline. No matter how she does it. Considering she went after Worth to stop him from saving his daughter. And was preparing herself to kill Imogene in case it was necessary (don't think Magnus could do it but still she was).

Comment

Yeah, Magnus said it herself when Worth asked her if she wouldn't do the same given the chance (to save Ashley).
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

We know that Imogene died, whether leukemia or then the fatal accident in Tempus. Did Helen ever really accept that Ashley had died? There was no body, & Ashley appeared to Helen, after death, to reassure her. Whether Helen really saw Ashley or she was hallucinating Ashley's presence, I think there was something odd in that scene with Helen alone with Ashley's empty casket. Would DarkHelen saving Ashley & keeping her hidden for the next 3 years be any more detrimental to the timeline than having 2 Helens alive for all those years? Worth wants to save his daughter who had died and then take her around meeting people she never would have if she died in her time and place. It is, maybe, everyone's belief but maybe not still Helen's, not, say, a careful autopsy, that states in canon that Ashley is dead. If DarkHelen can hide without affecting the timeline in other matters, why couldn't she save Ashley?

I am actually willing to be convinced on this, but like to take a controversial position simply for the debate. I do think Helen's role as mother has been since downplayed in canon when the opening credits (at least through season 3) still include Ashley's photographs with Helen. They've hinted at something big as a surprise at the end of season 4 here. This would be pretty big. ;-)

Comment

love the idea!

i've also wondered that...

helen is extremely dedicated with not messing with the timeline, but...

what if she came up with a way of saving ashley, but still letting all the pieces that came after her death still play out? who witnessed her death? helen. so no one would know that ashley really didn't die, except helen.

let's say she gets one of her abnormals (one that lives at the sanctuary) to somehow pull ashley out just when she was going to sacrifice herself. then helen hides ashley away, has already come up with a way of deprogramming/fixing ash, and then makes sure ashley just disappears and goes off somewhere to live a normal life?

of course, she'd have to make herself look different, OR, her memory has been erased, and ashley just doesn't know who she is.

but helen would be happy, b/c her child would be alive. without her, yes, but *alive*. i can't think of one parent that wouldn't take this choice.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

You know what would be even weirder? What if it turned out that abby is actually ashley in disguise?

Comment

I happened to go over to TV Guide's webpage to do the I'll watch thing for the next two episodes and I saw that they made a mistake in the episode description for this Friday's episode and it says Will's girlfriend instead of Henry's girlfriend so somebody didn't check there facts on that episode of Sanctuary.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

We know that Imogene died, whether leukemia or then the fatal accident in Tempus. Did Helen ever really accept that Ashley had died? There was no body, & Ashley appeared to Helen, after death, to reassure her. Whether Helen really saw Ashley or she was hallucinating Ashley's presence, I think there was something odd in that scene with Helen alone with Ashley's empty casket. Would DarkHelen saving Ashley & keeping her hidden for the next 3 years be any more detrimental to the timeline than having 2 Helens alive for all those years? Worth wants to save his daughter who had died and then take her around meeting people she never would have if she died in her time and place. It is, maybe, everyone's belief but maybe not still Helen's, not, say, a careful autopsy, that states in canon that Ashley is dead. If DarkHelen can hide without affecting the timeline in other matters, why couldn't she save Ashley?

I am actually willing to be convinced on this, but like to take a controversial position simply for the debate. I do think Helen's role as mother has been since downplayed in canon when the opening credits (at least through season 3) still include Ashley's photographs with Helen. They've hinted at something big as a surprise at the end of season 4 here. This would be pretty big. ;-)
                          She stay 113 away from everyone, or that was the plan lol . Still see it has wishfull thinking. Sure no body, they could have brought her back right away but they didnt. My guess? The hate fest going on agaist Kate. But anyway, how would Magnus away from the Sanctuary figure out what happen when Magnus in the Sanctuary didnt?
                          And that would have been better brought up right at the start of S04. Why wait a little longer (and now she'd be alone) to bring her in?
                          Big surprise at the end....Kate dies.

Comment

@thescifishow Damian Kindler's involvement with Universal Soldier TV series will NOT impact on #Sanctuary. Confirmed by @amandatapping personally.

Thought that was ease some worried fans.

Comment

OMG that pic of Magnus here -- I'll just be over here swooning.

Nothing is better than Helen Magnus getting her BAMF on. Monsoon is going to be AMAZING.

Comment

TV Guide's description of 406:

Two flying Abnormals land on the Sanctuary seeking Magnus' help; Will is temporarily blinded during a riot in Monrovia.

Comment

Working...
                                X