Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
    And it´s only for one ep, so watch and then forget (only the kiss if the rest of the ep is good) that´s the way I will handle it. At all I´m not happy with the actress they chose, no offense to Sandrine fans, but I would have liked another women more.

I don´t understand will she actually be in love with her, (please no) but if yes then why only one ep, makes no sense or it will kinda carry on behind the scenes, but then the Teslen development would make no sense, all season flirting and then the kiss? The girl action seems so forced.
    Lots of male leads of shows have a kiss with a guest star without having to have that person be the love of his life. I don't see this is any different.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

it can be seen as part of that double standard. Steve McGarrett can have 'chick of the week' and snog her and even be implied to shag her and 'dude, what a studly hero!! isn't he cool!!!!' while if a female even looks at a male guest star she's a slut and a horrible woman for being so loose and immomral.

sexism is alive and well.

(am I accusing anyone of this? no. just saying that the 'rules' and perception is different for males and females)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

"The team tracks an Abnormal fugitive, and discovers that Tesla is the head of a secret research lab for a Homeland Security agency that conducts tests on Abnormals".

That could be interesting! That what he does is exactly the opposite Helen stands for...I wonder how he will get out of that for Helen later on seems not to be very angry anymore (the kiss) and I guess she would be very angry if she finds out. And somehow I don´t understand Tesla. He self is an Abnormal and there are many people which certainly would like to make tests on him.

And in the end he ends up helpig Helen and the other. (at least it seems that way) Typical case of a wannabe bad guy^^

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        it can be seen as part of that double standard. Steve McGarrett can have 'chick of the week' and snog her and even be implied to shag her and 'dude, what a studly hero!! isn't he cool!!!!' while if a female even looks at a male guest star she's a slut and a horrible woman for being so loose and immomral.

(am I accusing anyone of this? no. just saying that the 'rules' and perception is different for males and females)
        Yes, I think the women would look slightly slutty, but the man also if he/she would make out in every episode with another person. I don´t like it if my series hero has such an attitute, and then it is not important if it´s a he or she.
        Last edited by Altariel; 14 October 2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Very good point! I think you're right about the double standard. For example, in Stargate Atlantis, Teyla is in her early thirties when we meet her, but there's tremendous resistance to the idea that maybe she, like John, Rodney and Ronon, also has an ex or has been married before! Somehow that would be different?

One of the things I love about Helen is that she throws sexist stereotypes on their head, not just by kicking butt or doing "man-things" like medicine as well as a man, but by also being a mother and a lover at the same time. She has the same freedom and agency that the male lead of a show would have, the same opportunities to be a well rounded character with a full and rich life. I think that's an amazing accomplishment of Amanda and company!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/1...ifetime-pilot/
            So Damian will pen another series? Does this mean he fears season 4 might be the last?

Comment

Dear lord, I hope not But Damien isn´t a writer for Sanctuary isn´t he and in the article they said that he only will write the pilot, so hopefully it has nothing to say, Amanda was on a different show too recently I think, so I hope it means nothing. But maybe somebody who has more knowlege in these things can help And I don´t think the decision has been made already, then they would say, wouldn´t they? Whoa, I´m sooo worried, I shouldn´t think about it too much, even if Damien thinks there might be no season 5, I guess SyFy didn´t said something yet. So he can be surprised like anyone of us. And if he already in season 4 had the feeling that this season would be the last, then he would not have made a cliffhanger.
              Last edited by Altariel; 14 October 2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/1...ifetime-pilot/
                So Damian will pen another series? Does this mean he fears season 4 might be the last?
                Nope, Damian tweeted about it when the news broke over a week ago.

Damian Kindler
                Just to confirm... Rumors of @SanctuarySeries demise are greatly exaggerated. Tune in Friday for the NA premiere of S4! Rockage will ensue.
                6 Oct
                -

Comment

Thank you, now I am a little less worried

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Nope, Damian tweeted about it when the news broke over a week ago.

Damian Kindler
                    Just to confirm... Rumors of @SanctuarySeries demise are greatly exaggerated. Tune in Friday for the NA premiere of S4! Rockage will ensue.
                    6 Oct
                    So he's just hedging the bets

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                      So he's just hedging the bets
                      Everyone in the industry has many irons in the fire because unlike some fans they realise there is no steady work in the industry as a rule. For every 1 ongoing series there's hundreds of never went anywhere proposals
                      -

Comment

Or you have plenty of talented people asked to do favors for friends.....'write me a script dude'

it's really no different from an actor picking up a movie or guest starring gig in their off time
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                          Lots of male leads of shows have a kiss with a guest star without having to have that person be the love of his life. I don't see this is any different.
                          Exactly. Beyond that, it's canon that Helen's had many lovers over the course of her lifetime, and we've only ever seen the nature of a few of them, like Druitt and the German guy from Next Tuesday. We've no idea what the others were like, I rather doubt they were all the 'love of her life', and we still have no idea yet of what she got up to during her 113 year 'vacation'.

sigpic

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Sky..

its one episode.. tis doubtful that the actors/writers/directors would take it as far as some serious girl-on-girl, i'm assuming there could be a bit of it if it is a woman, but alas its lasting for one epsiode.. if its not your cup of tea, don't watch it.. it shouldn't hinder your love for the show if your a fan
                            Last edited by atlantis_babe34; 15 October 2011, 07:02 PM.
                            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

I wonder if Helen's feelings for John have changed since she's been back to the 1800's? Before she left, she clearly still had strong feelings for him so I wonder if that remains? I'd hate to see it gone. It was magic.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I wonder if Helen's feelings for John have changed since she's been back to the 1800's? Before she left, she clearly still had strong feelings for him so I wonder if that remains? I'd hate to see it gone. It was magic.
                                Actually, before she left through the time rift, she was pissed at him for collaborating with Adam once again because he let Adam live...again, and she had to clean up his mess once again - in a most dramatic way. She told John, "when this is over, I don’t want to see you again."

But, I'm hoping that having 113 years to think it over, she's forgiven him. After all, their love is "for all eternity", right?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X