Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    According to Syfy on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Syfy Alphas is not being cancelled ... but you know they DO have a reputation for changing their minds.

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s6 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

Poor PTB on Eureka forced to call everyone via phone as news broke, instead of making a formal announcement on the set the next day. From the angry fans I've seen on twitter alone about this ... yeah syfy is losing fans rapidly. Which doesn't bode well for casual viewers tuning in for other shows.
    Who leaked the info in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
      My question would be (sorry if this has been covered. I may have missed a few of the recent posts)

If Sanctuary would get cancelled on SyFy (their "creative decisions" annoy the heck out of me lately!), would that also mean it's done on Space as well. And, do you think the M.A.D. trio would consider bringing the series back to the web?
      It's my understanding that yes if Syfy cancelled Sanct. then it would be done on Space as well. Unless Space has increased their monetary output for the show. Despite the fact that Sanct. gets money from other sources, I don't know if going back to the web would be beneficial cost wise especially losing Syfy dollars.

On a positive note, the last I heard M.A.D. had another project in the works.
      You have to remember that the population in Canada is 1/10th of the size of the US. Our TV industry is very small in comparison and there is no way Space could come up with the money to replace what Syfy is paying.

As for going back to the web I don't see how that is possible either. I can't see them finding a way to make enough money from the web to pay for the show.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I don't watch Eureka either but I hear it was a good series so am sad to hear it ended...especially in the way SyFy handled it. This is why I really have a strong dislike for that network despite AT's faith in them. I hope they don't screw Sanctuary over in the same manner. I also hope Damien has a back up plan just in case SyFy fails to grow half a brain any time soon.
        I don't see any way Syfy could have handled it any worse. For the last few years, I've been reading things about Syfy, and how it's been letting fans down, but I never noticed until they started meddling in with Sanctuary. You're not the only one who has a strong dislike for them, Chelle.

Amanda had some very nice things to say about the, at CC, and that shows how much class she has for them. I would have said the opposite. But yeah, I hope Syfy cuts their shenanigans out, and lets Sanctuary do well.

(((Sanctuary)))

Comment

MAD already went on record saying that a web only distribution wouldn't work. Too much piracy and not enough subscribers.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
            And I was hoping she'd die in the musical. I really do hope the's grown up *sigh*

@RobinDunne:
            Another epic day on @sanctuaryseries. Wicked performances by #brianmarkinson and #pascalehutton. Season 4 finale will be a game changer...
            "A game changer"? You mean, like Will & Abby kill Helen so they can take over the Sanctuary and the abnormals are outraged, so a few of them band together to use their abnormal abilities and revive Helen, who comes back for revenge - and also brings along Helen from the timeline she jumped into at the end of S3 as well. A double-dose of kick-ass Helen would be the ultimate!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Who leaked the info in the first place?
              The reports I've read give credit to Deadline as the organization that broke the news on Monday night, but what's odd is they have a quote in the article from Mark Stern (SyFy) regarding the cancellation. It looked like a pretty official statement to me. Tuesday is when Twitter blew up with the news. Wil Wheaton (plays Dr. Parrish), two main actresses who have been with the series since it started who play Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) and Jo Lupo (Erica Cerra) all found out on twitter.

In Monday night's statement Mark Stern says the shows 5th season will bring the series to a satisfied end... but actors, writers and fans disagreed on Tuesday when they heard the news. Perhaps reaction is what brought about 1 additional episode order to say farewell.

Given the short notice of the cancellation of Eureka and the fact the producers had planned s5 to end on a cliffhanger.... Which brings up a question.... For Sanctuary do you prefer the seasons to end on cliffhangers or wrap up season long arcs?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                MAD already went on record saying that a web only distribution wouldn't work. Too much piracy and not enough subscribers.

Martin also explained in a interview with TV Eh that the cost of the episodes (I believe he said 2 mill per episode) was just too much to have to wait 6 mos for a return on. Can you imagine having that kind of money floating as debt til the webisodes or episodes air? Very difficult to find anyone willing to back you for that length of time.
                sigpic

Comment

Given the short notice of the cancellation of Eureka and the fact the producers had planned s5 to end on a cliffhanger.... Which brings up a question.... For Sanctuary do you prefer the seasons to end on cliffhangers or wrap up season long arcs?

well, we already know sanct's s4 is going to end on a cliff-hanger, so i hope (IF we get an s5), it's made to end the series, just in case.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

For Sanctuary do you prefer the seasons to end on cliffhangers or wrap up season long arcs?
                    I'd love for a s5 but no matter how many seasons Sanc. gets I like to think if it ever got cancelled they'd be allowed to tie up any loose ends for us... leaving us hanging with a cliffhanger and no resolution would be hell
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      I'd love for a s5 but no matter how many seasons Sanc. gets I like to think if it ever got cancelled they'd be allowed to tie up any loose ends for us... leaving us hanging with a cliffhanger and no resolution would be hell
                      Damian has always insisted on cliffhanger endings and, unfortunately, I don't see him changing.

*resumes chanting - I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers!
                      -

Comment

The reports I've read give credit to Deadline as the organization that broke the news on Monday night, but what's odd is they have a quote in the article from Mark Stern (SyFy) regarding the cancellation. It looked like a pretty official statement to me. Tuesday is when Twitter blew up with the news. Wil Wheaton (plays Dr. Parrish), two main actresses who have been with the series since it started who play Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) and Jo Lupo (Erica Cerra) all found out on twitter.
                        In Monday night's statement Mark Stern says the shows 5th season will bring the series to a satisfied end... but actors, writers and fans disagreed on Tuesday when they heard the news. Perhaps reaction is what brought about 1 additional episode order to say farewell.
                        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Damian has always insisted on cliffhanger endings and, unfortunately, I don't see him changing.
                        *resumes chanting - I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers!
                        I'm gonna join RoX in the chanting....I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers!
                        I hope that Damian has a back up plan just in case...I don't trust SyFy...in fact if I were MAD, (not mad as in angry or insane...not this time anyways! ) I'd be watching my back for that proverbial knife. I'm not sure what I dislike most....SyFy & it's execs who are clueless or cliffhangers.
                        Oh wait...I'd rather live with a cliffhanger then with SyFy...so long as there is a resolution to the cliffhanger.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

my issue with cliffies is......as shows go on for years there is this pressure to keep topping yourself...and soon those cliffies get built up to ridiculous levels and the season finale ends up being more of a joke than any real tension.

tis a very dangerous balancing act
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they are all in the first posts of the S3 ratings thread
                            Thanks
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                            'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                            : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                            Indeed

Comment

Meh... Okay so we're going to have to go tie up Damien before the end of S5

That said, I don't mind mid-season cliffhangers like the one we got in S3. Because we know the next bit it deff. written and will be resolved
                              sigpic
                              ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

So either they had some really wacky shooting schedule for the last eps or Agam isnt in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X