Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I don't watch Eureka but sorry to hear about the cancellation. From all accounts there were good people involved and it is sad that they have lost their jobs. Also another blow to the BC TV industry.

Impossible to know what this means for Sanctuary. Maybe Syfy is more likely to keep Sanctuary for at least 1 more year since they are losing an established show. Maybe it frees up money that can be spent on season 5 for Sanctuary. Since Sanctuary is an independent production, I would guess that it costs Syfy less and therefore is more likely to get another season. However, since we don't know what goes on and decisions seem to be made by Comcast not Syfy directly, who knows?

I still hope for season 5. Go Sanctuary.
    I don't like Eureka enough to call myself a fan, but I do enjoy it, and I have friends who are fans, so I feel sorry for the show and the fans. An article said that the show was very expensive so, I hope that's something in their favor. Another news dude on twitter said that 5 seasons seems to becoming the max number of season a show on Syfy airs, 5 for SG-1, 5 for SGA, some other shows, and now Eureka. If the show could do that, it'd be up there with the other great shows that can do at least 5.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    Yes, there is still hope for Sanctuary because unless one of Syfy's new shows is a Eureka or W13 type of hit *and* cost less, I think Sanctuary has a good chance of getting a 5th season. I also think its chances were increased by having its 4th season return to the less expensive 13-episode format.

Perhaps that will be the wave of the future -- 13-episode seasons. Considering how much fluff 20-episode seasons can contain, that's not a bad idea.
    I remember reading something that because they had 7 extra eps, it was harder to come up with the money, and stretch the main story arc out. The show truly deserves a 5th season after everything it's done, and where it's come from, I mean it was a web show, that came to TV, and it started a charity that's helped a lot of people.

(((Sanctuary)))
    Last edited by Rocky89; 10 August 2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

My question would be (sorry if this has been covered. I may have missed a few of the recent posts)

If Sanctuary would get cancelled on SyFy (their "creative decisions" annoy the heck out of me lately!), would that also mean it's done on Space as well. And, do you think the M.A.D. trio would consider bringing the series back to the web?
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, this sudden cancellation of Eureka is kind of disturbing. I watched Eureka a few times but never really got into it myself, but like everyone else it makes me wonder about the future of other SyFy shows including Sanctuary.

EH-T --
        Impossible to know what this means for Sanctuary. Maybe Syfy is more likely to keep Sanctuary for at least 1 more year since they are losing an established show. Maybe it frees up money that can be spent on season 5 for Sanctuary. Since Sanctuary is an independent production, I would guess that it costs Syfy less and therefore is more likely to get another season. However, since we don't know what goes on and decisions seem to be made by Comcast not Syfy directly, who knows?

Yes. As much as I've come to love this show, with what SyFy's been doing lately I'm beginning to feel like the best we can get would be to get a fifth season and then if it's the last to have it go out in style.

(But if we get a fifth season then of course I'll start hoping for a sixth. )
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Wow - just read a rumor that Alphas is being cancelled - the source was pretty questionable but still doesn't make me less nervous for Sanctuary
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
            Wow - just read a rumor that Alphas is being cancelled - the source was pretty questionable but still doesn't make me less nervous for Sanctuary
            I've been to a few news article sites that talk about the show, and it's ratings, and while the ratings are OK, I've seen some subpar comments about the show. I doubt it'd be cancelled after 1 season, especially after all Syfy did to hype Mon up.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
              My question would be (sorry if this has been covered. I may have missed a few of the recent posts)

If Sanctuary would get cancelled on SyFy (their "creative decisions" annoy the heck out of me lately!), would that also mean it's done on Space as well. And, do you think the M.A.D. trio would consider bringing the series back to the web?
              It's my understanding that yes if Syfy cancelled Sanct. then it would be done on Space as well. Unless Space has increased their monetary output for the show. Despite the fact that Sanct. gets money from other sources, I don't know if going back to the web would be beneficial cost wise especially losing Syfy dollars.

On a positive note, the last I heard M.A.D. had another project in the works.

Comment

According to Syfy on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Syfy Alphas is not being cancelled ... but you know they DO have a reputation for changing their minds.

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s6 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

Poor PTB on Eureka forced to call everyone via phone as news broke, instead of making a formal announcement on the set the next day. From the angry fans I've seen on twitter alone about this ... yeah syfy is losing fans rapidly. Which doesn't bode well for casual viewers tuning in for other shows.
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 10 August 2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  According to Syfy on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Syfy Alphas is not being cancelled ... but you know they DO have a reputation for changing their minds.

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s5 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

Poor PTB on Eureka forced to call everyone via phone as news broke, instead of making a formal announcement on the set the next day. From the angry fans I've seen on twitter alone about this ... yeah syfy is losing fans rapidly. Which doesn't bode well for casual viewers tuning in for other shows.
                  That's what upsets fans the most, not the fact that it was cancelled, but how it was done. Once again Syfy released info to the press and public before informing its cast and they cast had no idea what happened to the show until after twitter exploded. It's the lack of respect and integrity that bothers fans the most.

Comment

Since Sanctuary is probably cheaper than Eureka, at this point, and because 5 seasons seem to be the magic number for total seasons, Sanctuary may make it to a 5th season. However, if that happened then it should be written as if it would be the last season. If the show got picked up beyond that, there would still be enough in the Sanctuary universe to continue on a season by season basis.
                    i'd like sanct to go 5 seasons too. anything beyond that would be a luxury.

but if it's canceled after s4, i hope syfy would give them a way of wrapping things up too.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      I don't watch Eureka but sorry to hear about the cancellation. From all accounts there were good people involved and it is sad that they have lost their jobs. Also another blow to the BC TV industry.

maybe. i hope!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s5 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

That's good news for Alphas fans.

I can't believe that Syfy allowed itself to be put in this position again, especially with a show that had done so well for the network. There's nothing wrong with wanting to cut costs and not being able to afford to continue funding 20-episode seasons of Eureka, but to go through this sad back and forth and then have the cancellation come out this way is bad form.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        That's what upsets fans the most, not the fact that it was cancelled, but how it was done. Once again Syfy released info to the press and public before informing its cast and they cast had no idea what happened to the show until after twitter exploded. It's the lack of respect and integrity that bothers fans the most.
                        Exactly! When the news first broke about the cancellation and that Season 5 would only get 13 episodes and Season 6 only 6, I was disappointed about the shortened seasons, but relieved that Eureka was given enough time to have a planned end. I didn't get annoyed until I found out that Eureka wasn't going to get that 6th season wrap-up after all.

Yes, I realize that they had recently approved funding for an additional episode to wrap things up, but this whole thing was handled in an unnecessarily sloppy way.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

I can't believe that Syfy allowed itself to be put in this position again, especially with a show that had done so well for the network. There's nothing wrong with wanting to cut costs and not being able to afford to continue funding 20-episode seasons of Eureka, but to go through this sad back and forth and then have the cancellation come out this way is bad form.

Exactly! When the news first broke about the cancellation and that Season 5 would only get 13 episodes and Season 6 only 6, I was disappointed about the shortened seasons, but relieved that Eureka was given enough time to have a planned end. I didn't get annoyed until I found out that Eureka wasn't going to get that 6th season wrap-up after all.

Yes, I realize that they had recently approved funding for an additional episode to wrap things up, but this whole thing was handled in an unnecessarily sloppy way.
                          What really makes fans angry and upset is that they announced 6 new episodes for S6 and then rescinded. What's worse is the timing of it all, there's only, like, 2 weeks left of shooting, so if they didn't get that extra ep to wrap it all up, I don't see how they'd get time to finish the show the right way.

Some think they're letting it go because it's so expensive, or to make more reality shows. I NEVER saw this coming, Eureka was the last show I'd expect them to cancel, it's, like one of their golden eggs. Syfy needs to stay true to what the network is about, like how the Food, History, and Women's network broadcast shows that actually fit the network. I mean, you wouldn't expect them to air shows like House or CSI on the Food network.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            Syfy needs to stay true to what the network is about, like how the Food, History, and Women's network broadcast shows that actually fit the network. I mean, you wouldn't expect them to air shows like House or CSI on the Food network.
                            Try telling that to CMT! I haven't watched for a while, but I really don't think "Are you smarter than a 5th grader", "Dukes of Hazzard", "texas women", "extreme makeover", "my big redneck wedding" or anything else shown on the channel actually has anything to do with "Country Music".

I wish there would be more scifi shows on more mainstream channels - like Falling Skies on TNT, or The Event or Lost, etc.

Regarding Sanctuary, I guess I don't care if it's a longer season or a shorter one, as long as SyFy doesn't give up on the show and get rid of it altogether. I'll take whatever can bring me an AT fix.
                            sigpic

Comment

And I was hoping she'd die in the musical. I really do hope the's grown up *sigh*

@RobinDunne:
                              Another epic day on @sanctuaryseries. Wicked performances by #brianmarkinson and #pascalehutton. Season 4 finale will be a game changer...

Comment

I don't watch Eureka either but I hear it was a good series so am sad to hear it ended...especially in the way SyFy handled it. This is why I really have a strong dislike for that network despite AT's faith in them. I hope they don't screw Sanctuary over in the same manner. I also hope Damien has a back up plan just in case SyFy fails to grow half a brain any time soon.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X