No announcement yet.

Tempus (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it just finished for me. it's too late now for me to stay up and chat (been up since 4:30am and am rather tired ), but tomorrow i'll read/reply. just one thing, though...

our helen can't just go away somewhere for 130 years and wait and just step back into her life...

because there will be another helen living it!!

k, bed now. i hope i can turn off my brain enough to sleep now
    sally

sigpic

Comment

IIRC, Amanda does some kind of boxing with a trainer as part of her exercise routine. I'm sure I read or heard that somewhere recently.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I really wonder which Helen it is wee see in the future of season 4. If she changed the things Adam had done she would never went back to the past so there would be only the "normal" 161 years old Helen. I guess it is revaled in the second episode? Gosh, I can not wait to see the ep that night. I think it´s a little too gross, every normal person would have a mental breakdown if she would after 113 years suddenly has her old life back in the sanctuary.
        And with her lifespan, that is interesting too, she would be nearly 300 and looks still young or did Helen appear older in the trailer for ep 2. Yes, I really have to watch that stuff.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        it just finished for me. it's too late now for me to stay up and chat (been up since 4:30am and am rather tired ), but tomorrow i'll read/reply. just one thing, though...

our helen can't just go away somewhere for 130 years and wait and just step back into her life...

Thats what I mean, there are two Helen and what will happen to either one?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          I wonder how the whole two Helen's living in the same time line will affect them...what about what happened in SG1...entropic cascade failure? I know this isn't SG but still, wouldn't there always be two Helen's living in the same time line regardless of if & when Helen goes back to the past...she'll always be there coz she has the gift of longevity...unless at some point, one of the Helen's dies...& that's something I'm not sure I want to see.
          See, head still hurts...damn time lines...I hate time travel when it changes things so dramatically.
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

But that in Sg 1 was paralel world I think, thats a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
              I really wonder which Helen it is wee see in the future of season 4. If she changed the things Adam had done she would never went back to the past so there would be only the "normal" 161 years old Helen. I guess it is revaled in the second episode? Gosh, I can not wait to see the ep that night. I think it´s a little too gross, every normal person would have a mental breakdown if she would after 113 years suddenly has her old life back in the sanctuary.
              And with her lifespan, that is interesting too, she would be nearly 300 and looks still young or did Helen appear older in the trailer for ep 2. Yes, I really have to watch that stuff.
              With her lifespan she will have lived more than just several lifetimes. If she was tired enough of it after the first time around, imagine how cranky she's gonna be the second time...I don't think she'll be so sane in the future.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

But that in Sg 1 was paralel world I think, thats a difference.
                True...but still, 2 Helen's in the same time line has got to be kinda weird...just a smidge, don't ya think.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  With her lifespan she will have lived more than just several lifetimes. If she was tired enough of it after the first time around, imagine how cranky she's gonna be the second time...I don't think she'll be so sane in the future.
                  Thats why I feel so sorry for her, it must be terrible thats why I hope nearly 300 years old Helen stops Adam, nothing ever happened and "normal" Helen continues her life.
                  Something must happen, there can not be two Helens.

Comment

I'm guessing it's the "present day" Helen finally coming back in the next episode after 113 years of hiding. But what I wouldn't give to see two kick-butt Helens working side-by-side.

I really love to hate Adam. Ian Tracey is wonderful. And Watson's "Sherlock Holmes" brilliant mind really came to the forefront here as well. And AT's portrayal of both past & present Helen as two very different people was the biggest highlight (other than her getting to kick serious Druitt butt.)

Helen mentioning suicide gave me serious chills. But I guess that's the definition of a "hero" - someone who'll make the eternal sacrifice for the good of the whole.

sorry, I can't decide which points to dwell on for this episode, so I'll just point to my full review post here: http://t.co/vaQylcJa
                    sigpic

Comment

Guess I'm the only person here who was disappointed by the episode... AT and co were talking about how it was the "best" episode every of Sanctuary, but I don't see it.

The timeline and timetravel and all the Jack the Ripper stuff just seems messy...

I also didn't like AT's acting or FutureHelen, I can't work out which it is. She just seemed so unstable and all over the place, like when she was getting angry with PastAdam and James had to tell her off... wtf?

Comment

I loved the ep, it would have been brilliant if Druitt's back story wasnt a complete mess.
                        It makes no sense. Magnus changed who got blamed ( by them) for the Ripper killings? It was always that creature and she let Druitt take the fall? Watson let Druitt take the fall? It makes no sense. And Druitt isnt an angel, at least 1 he killed, right in front of Magnus.
                        *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                          I loved the ep, it would have been brilliant if Druitt's back story wasnt a complete mess.
                          It makes no sense. Magnus changed who got blamed ( by them) for the Ripper killings? It was always that creature and she let Druitt take the fall? Watson let Druitt take the fall? It makes no sense. And Druitt isnt an angel, at least 1 he killed, right in front of Magnus.
                          *sigh*
                          From how I understand it - by this time, 1898, Druitt was done with the "Ripper" killings. and it was Spring-Heeled Jack that did this last one, but past-Helen and James were still blaming Druitt for it, so that's why he got mad at past-Helen in her house because they were still blaming him for something he didn't do. That's why present-Helen steered James to look towards the "abnormals" instead of Druitt for that last one.

Good grief, I think I even confused myself on that explanation.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really wonder which Helen it is wee see in the future of season 4. If she changed the things Adam had done she would never went back to the past so there would be only the "normal" 161 years old Helen. I guess it is revaled in the second episode? [...]
                            She stopped Worth from changing things but Worth's path is the same.
                            Imogene still dies and he still blames Magnus and Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                              From how I understand it - by this time, 1898, Druitt was done with the "Ripper" killings. and it was Spring-Heeled Jack that did this last one, but past-Helen and James were still blaming Druitt for it, so that's why he got mad at past-Helen in her house because they were still blaming him for something he didn't do. That's why present-Helen steered James to look towards the "abnormals" instead of Druitt for that last one.

Good grief, I think I even confused myself on that explanation.
                              O.o But why is that Jack? She says he's killed before.

EDIT: Ignore the above Qs. I was still asleep. Springheel Jack, completly different from Jack the Ripper.
                              What was up with these Brits and the name Jack ?! LOL
                              Last edited by kes; 08 October 2011, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                                She stopped Worth from changing things but Worth's path is the same.
                                Imogene still dies and he still blames Magnus and Watson.
                                But what would happen if 270 year old Helen kills Adam before he can create all the mess with time travel she could just let him die when he was ill from the radiaton or some other way and normal 160 year old Helen would never travel back in time. What will she do when she lifes 113 years and is again in 2011? She could do nothing, then younger Helen would travel back and she could take her place but and don´t think she would do that to herself.

I´m so excited and I not even watched the ep.
                                Last edited by Altariel; 08 October 2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X