And then there`s Jonathon.

Comment

Helen to John: "And now Jealousy? For whom?"

Wow, I just caught that line.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
        Helen to John: "And now Jealousy? For whom?"

Wow, I just caught that line.
        I just caught that too! I'm finding who is calling who "darling" quite interesting.
        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Just watch the ep Chelle. It'll all be clearer.
          Do you realise how long I must wait? That is why I ask.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            All this time travel makes my head hurt.
            Ok, so if Helen has to live it out for 113 years, what happened to the original Helen...or the Helen from the Victorian era in which our Helen travelled to? Wouldn't she continue to live as well given her/their longevity?
            I haven't seen the ep as yet but am curious to know what happened to the other Helen.
            I don't understand how she can possibly live for all that time without trying to stop certain events...what about Ashley? How does this change things with her? Does she still give birth to Ashley? See...head hurt!!
            The whole JtR thing doesn't make my head hurt so much.
            I had a feeling that Adam was going to lose Imogene one way or the other...if he continues to go back in time to try to save her, then there's going to be HUGE ramifications for every time line.
            Oi...time travel hurts my head!
            I'm guessing that this takes place after Ashley's conception, as Helen seems to be moving toward a relationship with James already.

The original Helen lives her life through and becomes the Helen that goes back in the past. And when she goes into the past, the one that's been laying low will take her place. This would actually be better explained with a needle and thread. The only time in history when there will be two Helens is that 113 year period. No matter how you play it, before that there is only one Helen and after that there is only one Helen. Clear as mud?
            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Where was Kate/Agam in the opening title scene?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                Where was Kate/Agam in the opening title scene?
                Agam is just a guest star this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  According to the s1 pilot John did kill a woman and Helen said it stops here. In that episode She seemed to think he was JTR. So is he or have the writers rewritten John's past? Because didn't Helen also in that eppy or in s1 at least say she hasn't seen him since that night and she thought she killed him when she shot him?

If John is JtR then why are they letting him roam the streets free a year later? OR are they just off on their dates and her shooting him was done recently and he wasn't JtR? Yes he killed a woman, but he wasn't responsible for all the killings? They are investigating it like it could be John. The latest killings Helen told James the last woman killed was his 5th victim (wasn't there 5 JtR killings). There seemed to be a lot of similarities between JtR case and spring hill Jack hence the confusion.
                  As far as I understand it, John Druitt is still Jack the Ripper who killed those women in 1888. The flashback shown in Sanctuary for All still occurred and Helen still shot John after confronting him at the last killing.

Tempus takes place in 1898, where there's been a string of murders that look like the Ripper killings leading Helen and James to think that Druitt is back to his murdering ways. Druitt realizes that Helen has been hunting for him, so he comes back to confront and threaten her. He has the scar on his cheek so the events of 1888 must still have occurred.

Future!Helen knows that these killings were not done by Druitt, but by Spring-heeled Jack who stopped after that 5th murder because past!Helen and James catch and offer him sanctuary. And in the last scene James tells future!Helen that they did catch 'Jack' and he's now a Sanctuary resident.

Overall, I thought it was a great season premiere. Seeing more of Watson is always great, and I loved the scenes between him and future!Helen. I also thought Ian Tracey did a great job with the two Worths, one more confident and driven, but still gentle with Imogene, and the past version that starts rather gentle and heads towards the hardness the future one has because of her death.

I did think it was a little convenient that future!Adam ends up accidentally killing Imogene, though I like the continuity of past!Adam still ending up blaming Helen and James for her death. Plus he'd still be motivated to find a Praxian cure for her and come back in time to save her. But I think Helen actually having to kill the girl to preserve the timeline would have been more interesting for the character, but perhaps darker than the show wants to go.

Helen on a 113 year vacation would be a sight to see. I hope we get to see some of the effects of that in the rest of the season, being in seclusion for that long after the action-packed life she normally lives would change how she reacts to people.

Bring on the rest of S4!

sigpic

Comment

This episode was awesome 'lil bit confused on the whole John thing now. And I'm not happy that Adam's dead. (he had a good run I suppose ) but on the whole it was very awesome I hope the whole season is like this
                    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      As far as I understand it, John Druitt is still Jack the Ripper who killed those women in 1888. The flashback shown in Sanctuary for All still occurred and Helen still shot John after confronting him at the last killing.

Tempus takes place in 1898, where there's been a string of murders that look like the Ripper killings leading Helen and James to think that Druitt is back to his murdering ways. Druitt realizes that Helen has been hunting for him, so he comes back to confront and threaten her. He has the scar on his cheek so the events of 1888 must still have occurred.

Future!Helen knows that these killings were not done by Druitt, but by Spring-heeled Jack who stopped after that 5th murder because past!Helen and James catch and offer him sanctuary. And in the last scene James tells future!Helen that they did catch 'Jack' and he's now a Sanctuary resident.

Overall, I thought it was a great season premiere. Seeing more of Watson is always great, and I loved the scenes between him and future!Helen. I also thought Ian Tracey did a great job with the two Worths, one more confident and driven, but still gentle with Imogene, and the past version that starts rather gentle and heads towards the hardness the future one has because of her death.

I did think it was a little convenient that future!Adam ends up accidentally killing Imogene, though I like the continuity of past!Adam still ending up blaming Helen and James for her death. Plus he'd still be motivated to find a Praxian cure for her and come back in time to save her. But I think Helen actually having to kill the girl to preserve the timeline would have been more interesting for the character, but perhaps darker than the show wants to go.

Helen on a 113 year vacation would be a sight to see. I hope we get to see some of the effects of that in the rest of the season, being in seclusion for that long after the action-packed life she normally lives would change how she reacts to people.

Bring on the rest of S4!
                      This makes sense. I understand now Thank you
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

A totally awesome episode!!

Beautiful season star.
                        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Great episode...loved it. Sanctaury seems to get better and better each season!!! Can't wait til next week!

Comment

Wow, Helen has really to live 113 Years again?!?! Poor women, it will be interesting to see how she is after she is in her time again.

Comment

I'm hoping that brunette Helen who has to stay low for 113 years keeps herself busy securing the Sanctuary financially so that when they go rogue from the governments of the world, they don't have to worry about finances so much. Maybe. I hope.
                              I know, I'm dreaming.

Thank you Feast of the Muse for enlightening me on the Helen's.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

What a great season opener! Twice the Magnus, twice the fun! I did love seeing the difference between PastHelen and FutureHelen. I loved the moment when she said something like, "It's been a hell of a night." Watson was so shocked by her language. I've often wondered how "ahead of her time" Helen was. She became a doctor when women weren't doing that. She carried a gun back in the 1800s, which was also probably unusual for a woman. When do we think Helen started swearing?

LOVED the scene in the club with Helen and Adam, especially her asking for his last words and his joke about how "Don't shoot" doesn't ever seem to work with her. I wanted to smack him upside his head when he intimated that she had come to him asking for some kind of tryst! Bad boy!

One interesting thought - what was Adam Worth's plan after curing Imogen? It didn't seem like he was going to leave her to grow up with PastAdam. Did he think she'd grow up with him (FutureAdam)? What would have become of PastAdam? Things that make you go, "Hmmmm."

Awesome to see Helen kick John's butt. Does anyone know if Amanda learned kickboxing specifically for this episode or if she was learning it just for fun?

Helen takes a 113-year vacation, huh? It would be interesting to think what she might do with that time. Perhaps she would write!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X